Photo

FOID Card Application, Number Already Showing Online

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 j_webster23

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

I filed for a FOID Card after an expungement and online it shows a FOID Card number and says "Pending Paper Application" Does that mean I'll be approved once they get the app?

Also, I had an expungement completed for a minor felony conviction, and then applied for FOID after my expungement went through. Will they still be able to see it, or use it to deny me?

#2 biggun 1

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

they will see it ,i was unaware that a felony could be expunged.

#3 Rilo

• PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:34 PM

Are you sure it is the foid card number and not the application number? As mine only appeared once it was active. It’s a hard one to guess on whether they will approve but with an expungement you have a fair chance. I am under the impression they can see it but it does not count on your record. I am not all that knowledgeable though on this

Best of luck

#4 biggun 1

• 403 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

Are you sure it is the foid card number and not the application number? As mine only appeared once it was active. It’s a hard one to guess on whether they will approve but with an expungement you have a fair chance. I am under the impression they can see it but it does not count on your record. I am not all that knowledgeable though on this

Best of luck

i believe you are correct,they will see it but they must ignore it.i am going to check into what convictions can be expunged.

#5 biggun 1

• 403 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

it appears that a few felony,s can be expunged,very minor ones like first offence pot posession.

#6 j_webster23

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:23 AM

Best of luck

i believe you are correct,they will see it but they must ignore it.i am going to check into what convictions can be expunged.

Ok. thank you. when looking, it was a felony conviction as a minor child (under the age of 18)

#7 j_webster23

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:27 AM

it appears that a few felony,s can be expunged,very minor ones like first offence pot posession.

when I say minor; I mean minor as in under the age of 18, before I was an adult.

#8 j_webster23

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:32 AM

Best of luck

yes, there is a number there, in addition to application number. (see attached)

Attached Files

Edited by j_webster23, 14 January 2018 - 12:33 AM.

#9 Rilo

• PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:48 AM

Best of luck

yes, there is a number there, in addition to application number. (see attached)

To me it looks approved but I have never seen that status before, my foid number only appeared after approval. I would give them a call on Monday 217-782-7980.
As far as I know there is no paper applications anymore? I’m sure they will get it sorted quickly though.

#10 MIrwin

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:54 AM

I had my felony's expunged , 6 of them when the charges were not prosecuted. It took a long time For the FOID and CCL, a lot hoops but it can be done,  keep up on it, I contact my local State Senator which happens tp be Pro 2nd Amendment so that helps, keep up the fight 

#11 j_webster23

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:45 AM

Just as an update, I received my FOID Card in the mail two days after Valentine's Day. I was able to get my juvenile case expunged, that would have be considered a felony if I was an adult at the time it occurred. After I received my paperwork from the City of Chicago Police Dept, the Circuit Clerks Office and the State of Illinois Police confirming that they had complied with the judges orders; I applied for the FOID card. After speaking with an attorney and someone from the State Police Dept that could not give me advice of completing the application; but that an expungement by law means that its like it never happened I answered "No" to all of the questions on page 2, including #5. After 30 days of I received the FOID Card. (this all happened after being previously denied for that juvenile case that was never expunged. I completed the process myself; and didn't have to file an appeal at all. While I know that every case is different; I would definitely advise completely completing the expungement process prior to reapplying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users