Photo

Super bull****

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Big homie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

Have not ever been convicted of a single crime, but have been arrested for bull**** quite a few times . Tried to apply in 2013 I was denied due to the fact that earlier that year I got caught with a Nickle bag of weed. Fast forward 4 yrs gotten expungement entire background erased . Reapplied and was denied again. I was told To appeal did so and havent heard anything back . How does this crap works?

Edited by Big homie, 11 January 2018 - 04:56 PM.

#2 spanishjames

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:06 PM

They still sell nickel bags?
TRUMP 2016!

#3 Cordell34

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:07 PM

If your record was EXPUNGED you should be totally fine. But keep in mind that an expungement doesn't fully clear you for 6months after the judge issues the Order. I would go to your County Clerks Criminal Records Division and get a Copy of your Criminal Background Report. It should say "No Records Found" if so then your fine. There would be no grounds for denial, Illinois is a Shall issue State. Wait it out at this point you really have no other Choice. Worst case scenario you'll have to Appeal in Circuit Court but you would certainly Win. Keep one thing in mind just in case you end up in Court. You must present in writing any and every argument that you intend to present in court as evidence to the Conceal Carry Review Board FIRST in order for it to become admissible in court. I cannot stress that point enough. Good Luck.

#4 bmurph44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

They still sell nickel bags?

How much is a blunt nowadays?

#5 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,666 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

Have not ever been convicted of a single crime, but have been arrested for bull**** quite a few times . Tried to apply in 2013 I was denied due to the fact that earlier that year I got caught with a Nickle bag of weed. Fast forward 4 yrs gotten expungement entire background erased . Reapplied and was denied again. I was told To appeal did so and havent heard anything back . How does this crap works?

What was the reason given for the second denial?  CCL appeals with the ISP can take anywhere from a few months to a year or more.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#6 WitchDoctor

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:35 PM

Now that you are applying for your permit to carry a concealed weapon and should be granted, try and avoid further stupid bull****.

ISRA Member

NRA Life Member

3/504 P.I.R Blue Devil

25 years US Army

Proud Parent to a Wonderful Kid...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

#7 RandyP

• Members
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:09 AM

"but have been arrested for bull**** quite a few times"

Seeking a carry permit is definitely time to sell that bull and get a dog or cat instead..... maybe a tropical fish?

As you've been advised, the ball is now unfortunately in the State's court and on their clock. Patience and prudence rule the day.

Edited by RandyP, 15 January 2018 - 08:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users