Photo

Change of address debacle.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Voodoo Child

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:39 PM

Back in April or May of 2017, I almost had a change of address due to possibly moving in with my girlfriend. Being an FCC holder I thought I would start the process of changing my address on my DL, State ID, FOID, PERC, FCC, etc. I started the process for my FOID card but never followed through just to avoid any problems if the relationship failed. So...I never paid for the change of address. 

On August 26 2017, I submitted my application for my CCL along with fingerprints and began the waiting process. 

Today, I called ISP to see where I was at with my application since it has sat "under review" the entire time. I was told that my application hasn't even been touched because of the change of address. No change of address was ever actually made to my FOID card and their site clearly states that "you have 30 days to make a payment before cancellation" yet the person said the change of address was made. I find this VERY frustrating. Now I have to wait two weeks for the cancellation of change of address to take place and begin another 90 day wait. 

Has anyone had a similar situation or any suggestions on how to deal with this? Thanks. 

#2 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,329 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

In the search box put in Change of address and there are numerous threads on this topic. Too many to list. Hope that will help.
NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#3 DomG

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:44 PM

It's IL. Why are you surprised about anything?
"Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges." - Tacitus"
The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." -Tacitus

NRA Life Member
ISRA
USCCA
IL CCL
AZ CWP
VFW Life Member
USAF Retired (So I guess that makes me a Life Member)

#4 Aleslin90

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:50 AM

I am in an almost similar situation. I applied for my CCL on 8/18/17 without prints.  Then on 10/18/17, I applied for a change of address on my FOID. Around 2-3 weeks later I got a letter informing me the address's did not match. Long story short, I did not realize the secretary of state had my old address on file, since my newer DL did not. I got online and corrected the information, then called the ISP to ask if the change of address would apply to my CCL since it was still in process. She told me that the address issue with the FOID had held up the process, but now that I corrected it, the process could continue and it wouldn't be long until I received both, and both would have my current address. Well... today is 12/12/17 and my FOID shows approved using the inspect trick... but my CCL shows Submitted. Just called to politely ask for an update, and was informed that by changing the address my application basically has been put back to the start, and I may be waiting another 120 days. Really wish the first gal I spoke to had informed me of this, instead of telling me that I would see both cards soon. Doubt there is anything I can do to speed the process?

first time posting here. Glad to meet you all.

- Alex

Edited by Aleslin90, 12 December 2017 - 09:59 AM.

#5 mwb9122

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:36 AM

Unfortunately, No. It sucks but all you can do is wait.

I am in an almost similar situation. I applied for my CCL on 8/18/17 without prints.  Then on 10/18/17, I applied for a change of address on my FOID. Around 2-3 weeks later I got a letter informing me the address's did not match. Long story short, I did not realize the secretary of state had my old address on file, since my newer DL did not. I got online and corrected the information, then called the ISP to ask if the change of address would apply to my CCL since it was still in process. She told me that the address issue with the FOID had held up the process, but now that I corrected it, the process could continue and it wouldn't be long until I received both, and both would have my current address. Well... today is 12/12/17 and my FOID shows approved using the inspect trick... but my CCL shows Submitted. Just called to politely ask for an update, and was informed that by changing the address my application basically has been put back to the start, and I may be waiting another 120 days. Really wish the first gal I spoke to had informed me of this, instead of telling me that I would see both cards soon. Doubt there is anything I can do to speed the process?

first time posting here. Glad to meet you all.

- Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users