Photo

Pritzker is now under a federal investigation for propert tax scams

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 Colt guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:08 PM

Maybe wishful thinking but seems like a lot of Fed stuff going on these days. Charges forthcoming for Burke hopefully. 2 years listening to Munoz/Burke. Feds looking into Jelly Belly. USPS hopefully working on Smollet. Whatever is going on, I like it.
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

#32 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,723 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:38 AM

Maybe wishful thinking but seems like a lot of Fed stuff going on these days. Charges forthcoming for Burke hopefully. 2 years listening to Munoz/Burke. Feds looking into Jelly Belly. USPS hopefully working on Smollet. Whatever is going on, I like it.

Amazing that all the crooked Illinois politicians who have been caught wind up in federal court.
After serving 16 years as the Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan never found an crooked Illinois politician to indict.

Simply amazing how that works.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#33 GTX63

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:49 AM

From the Fox News article-

Pritzker went on to call the matter "a political issue" raised by his opponents during last year's gubernatorial campaign and said he was focused on his work as governor.

Of course it is political.

If the motivation is political does that invalidate the charge? It certainly doesn't seem to when it is against a Kavanaugh or a Trump.

But it is also apparently against several laws, and I think as most everyone would agree, it can be both illegal and political at the same time, and still be wrong.

The fact that the Feds have been so involved in investigating corruption in Illinois over the past two decades while the State's Attorney has not is an embarrassment.

#34 steveTA84

• 5,431 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:14 AM

We FOIA’d

UDsRKjt.jpg

#35 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:19 AM

You know this is what you'll get..

redacted-doc-1.jpg

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent
Exercise your rights - Engage in civil disobedience against unconstitutional laws - IGNORE THE F.O.I.D.

#36 Raw Power

• 1,499 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 08:29 AM

I'm surprised it took this long...

#37 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 7,084 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:46 AM

He's been under investigation for a while now. Probably 3 or 4 years. Believe Madigan was caught on that wire back in 2015 so this is a very, very deep investigation that's designed to produce indictments. Wanna drain the swamp? Gotta get Chicago too. Gotta get California. Gotta get NY. This is going to be a very deep cleaning. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#38 TomKoz

• 4,496 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:20 AM

I heard from what I believe to be a very credible source that Madigan will be in a world of legal hurt come end of May.
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#39 steveTA84

• 5,431 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:37 AM

I heard from what I believe to be a very credible source that Madigan will be in a world of legal hurt come end of May.

One could hope

#40 Raw Power

• 1,499 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:45 AM

One could hope

I would call those pipe dreams.

Madigan is far more disciplined and understands the game better than most.

I have no love for him, but he understands the laws, because he helped write them. He knows extremely well the things that he can legally get away with. He's not like Burke or Jackson Jr, or any of the people who can't control themselves.

#41 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:35 AM

One could hope

I have no love for him, but he understands the laws, because he helped write them. He knows extremely well the things that he can legally get away with. He's not like Burke or Jackson Jr, or any of the people who can't control themselves.

Yep, he designed and authored the playbook.. The man knows full well what he can and can't get away with. He knows when not to use electronic communication. He knows when not to have a conversation over the phone.. Unless he got roped in to a phone conversation or roped in to an email exchange, I just can't see them having much on him that will actually stick..

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent
Exercise your rights - Engage in civil disobedience against unconstitutional laws - IGNORE THE F.O.I.D.

#42 BobPistol

• Members
  • 9,174 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:35 PM

Sociopaths are very good at doing evil. 

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#43 Flynn

• Members
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:49 PM

The fact that the Feds have been so involved in investigating corruption in Illinois over the past two decades while the State's Attorney has not is an embarrassment.

I doubt she want to put herself and all her friends and family behind bars, so it's no surprise she looked the other way.

Anonymous leakers, leak anonymously about the anonymous leak.

—Anonymous

#44 Black Flag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:54 PM

The fact that the Feds have been so involved in investigating corruption in Illinois over the past two decades while the while the State's Attorney Illinois Attorney General has not is an embarrassment.

FIFY

Posted Image

#45 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• 3,442 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:02 AM

This clown should be indicted for far more than that. He has been avoiding federal income taxes for years with offshore accounts cloaked by offshore shell corporations. And he wants to raise OUR taxes ...

#46 BShawn

• Members
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:16 PM

They should remove the toilet from his prison cell.

Poetic justice and all that...

LOVE this idea! Now that would be priceless!

9ga62or.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Licensed to carry since 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ IL CCL 75 days from application to in hand!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ I'm not the "bad guy" here, I just want to be able to defend myself and my family. Anywhere I should be permitted to carry a pencil (1st amendment), I should also be able to carry a firearm (2nd amendment) !!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good man with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#47 BShawn

• Members
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:19 PM

One can only hope it's enough "legal hurt" to land him in a cell With Blago and Prickster!

9ga62or.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Licensed to carry since 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ IL CCL 75 days from application to in hand!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ I'm not the "bad guy" here, I just want to be able to defend myself and my family. Anywhere I should be permitted to carry a pencil (1st amendment), I should also be able to carry a firearm (2nd amendment) !!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good man with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#48 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 3,235 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:37 PM

Wait, the Feds are looking in Jelly Bellys?
I love those things.
Damn, were they shipping coke in them?

Long live Jelly Bellys :-)

Ref Post #31

Edited by Bubbacs, 27 April 2019 - 09:38 PM.

#49 steveTA84

• 5,431 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:54 AM

Well, They’re doing it at least LOFL

4xwoOHj.jpg

#50 Colt guy

• 1,462 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

^^^^ Shocking
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

#51 Hatchet

• 2,991 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:09 AM

Saved ya some time.

T02092_10.jpg

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#52 steveTA84

• 5,431 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:35 AM

LOFL

#53 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:46 PM

The list of crooked Illinois governors is long and illustrious..........well maybe not illustrious but this guy would be a worthy addition to any prison roster.

How wide are the cell doors in the federal system?

Not to worry Mike.  That prison slop will take care of that "butterball" soon enough.

Edited by JTHunter, 07 May 2019 - 02:51 PM.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#54 steveTA84

• 5,431 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:29 PM

Well, They’re doing it at least LOFL4xwoOHj.jpg

Got it back. Nothing but garbage bulk send stuff

#55 transplant

• 2,621 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:46 PM

One could hope

It's now near the end of May.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users