101st General Assembly 2019 & 2020 Bills

mauserme

The "go-ahead" for suppressors in Illinois?

Cant imagine Madigan lets it get to or out of committee and dont think there are enough downstate Dems to put that pressure on him to do so. Nevertheless Im glad to see the Pro side keeps trying. Much opposition is based on uneducated Chicago Dems and their fears not to mention believing what they see in movies. 42 other states allow them and its not causing problems there just like there were no issues with CCL but IL had to be last.

If they fail to read it thoroughly then the chances are quite good. The beginning 2/3rd's of it sounds like the usual anti nonsense.

Pass it to see what's in it. lol

Dont want to give them any ideas here. Although its not like they always read the bills they sponsor or vote on. They see silencer bill by a R and its an automatic no I am sure.

HB2043

GENERAL ASSEMBLY-FIREARM BILL

http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=2043&GAID=15&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=117554&SessionID=108&GA=101

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the General Assembly Operations Act. Provides that any member of the General Assembly who wishes to introduce a bill pertaining to a firearm must be able to produce proof, upon request, that he or she has completed: (1) the firearm training requirements under the Private Detective, Private Alarm, Private Security, Fingerprint Vendor, and Locksmith Act of 2004; (2) range safety officer training; and (3) a basic knowledge test of calibers and gauges of firearms.

edit: Thanks Allen/loudes13. Hope your bills get some traction.

HR8 Congrats Rep Daniel J. Burke was already adopted, on 1/10/2019.

If you mean HB8 Medicare For all Healthcare, that's on the Human Services Committee schedule for tomorrow.

I was thinking about the background check one HR8, that was heard yesterday by judiciary committee. Sorry for confusing.

Oh, the Federal bill.

Yes, it does get confusing.

HB1626 Crim Cd - Use of Silencers seems like one to be positive on. Allowing suppressors on shooting ranges would be a dream come true. I just wish there was an SBR exemption in there too.

SBR have been legal for some time

Yep, you just need to get your C and R license

Oh wow, had no idea that I just needed the license to possess whatever. Thought it only applied to antiques.

Archived