Photo

'Responding to Aurora' discussion set for Thursday in Elgin

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 lockman

• Members
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:26 PM

Willis also referred to gun control supporters as ‘ gun violence advocates ‘.

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA,  CCRKBA, GOA, & SAF

#32 DomG

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:37 PM

https://www.dailyher...-pratt-shooting

And when asked if a national gun registry, national FOID and a longer waiting period to purchase a gun would help, Ziman responded, "Yes, yes, yes, yes."

She acknowledged there are Second Amendment concerns raised by law-abiding gun owners.

"I don't know that anyone of us can solve" the complex problem, she said. "But the place to start is at a registry. If you are going to bear arms, why not register them?"

My police chief now wants to be head of the Gestapo. Why not register them, Kristen? 

Because the 2A is our first line of defense against a corrupt and oppressive governmnent. Maybe the government isn't currently oppressive and totalitarian (some would argue that), but if the government did become dictatorial and corrupt, the first thing they do would be to take away those guns on the registry. History has shown that happening over and over- both in good governments becoming evil and then the gun confiscations, followed by mass genocide. THAT'S why you don't register guns.

"Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges." - Tacitus
The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." -Tacitus

IL CCL
AZ CWP
VFW Life Member
USAF Retired
NRA Life Member
ISRA
GOA

#33 mab22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:47 PM

If we assume 261 working days in a year, and average the 200k and 180k across the entire year....
766 Renewals per day
689 New applications per day
1455 total per day
182 per hour
3.03 per minute.
20 seconds each app/renewal.
I could see why people would leave.
Void the FOID!

#34 mab22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:51 PM

..."her 50-person staff -- which also oversees concealed-carry licensing, and concealed-carry and FOID revocations -- receives about 180,000 FOID applications a year, and about 200,000 requests for renewals. Last year about 9,000 applications were rejected, she said"...
So now we finally have heard from ISP on how large the FOID/CCL staff is.

About 9000 rejected, why?
Were they prohibited or was the form nor filled out rite, they could share more on this number?
That’s less than .5% of the applicants.
Void the FOID!

#35 steveTA84

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:07 PM

LOFL!!!!!!!! She’s such an idiot

#36 Mick G

Former Member

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:23 PM

LOFL!!!!!!!! She’s such an idiot

She is something else. There is a need for her though. She is a Madigan Cronie and here's the breakdown:
https://www.illinois...-madigan-money/
She took almost 600k from Madigan. While trailing Moylan (almost a cool million) and only half of what Deb Conroy took (1.2 million dollars) here's how she got elected: https://www.chicagob...ly-skip-saviano

Deb Conroy walked right in front of my Jeep coming from between two parked cars while staring at her phone. She yelled something obscene at me and I responded by calling her a stupid name. People who were sitting outside heard it and said, "You know shes a Representative". I reply ..., do you know how high my insurance rates would have gone by running somebody over in a parking lot? Regardless of the fact that she just came out of nowhere because she was staring at her phone, I'm sure it would have been 100% my fault. I pretty sure in retrospect the Villa Park Police would have tried to hit me with many charges if she ended up dead with a tire print on her.

The thing that concerns me most right now is Aurora Police Chief Kristen Ziman. I posted one link to her problem drinking and I'll post another about her corrupt ways: http://openline.blog...kips-mayor.htmlThere is a much better link that goes into her being constantly drunk and corruption but the forum filter will not let me post it because of a bad word.

What am I babbling about?

I have a serious problem when somebody who would likely be prohibited to even have a FOID because of severe alcohol abuse says that they would agree to a national gun registry, national FOID and a longer waiting period to purchase a gun. For all I know Kristen Ziman could be a convicted felon in a couple of years which would also make her a prohibited person. For now IMO she shouldn't even be carrying a loaded gun or driving. The problem is what cop in Aurora is going to charge their Chief with DUI? None because they would be fired.
The people who live in Aurora likely know exactly what I am saying, Kristen Zimans problems aren't exactly a secret.
The five officers who were shot did Aurora proud. Their Chief? She's a disgrace to the badge.

Edited by mauserme, 08 June 2019 - 08:44 AM.
Help with the Profanity Filter

#37 steveTA84

• 4,746 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:39 PM

^^^

Good stuff here man. Thanks for sharing

#38 Mick G

Former Member

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:52 PM

^^^

Good stuff here man. Thanks for sharing

I never posted my link to Kristen Zimans serious problem with alcohol abuse but I thought I did.

http://openline.blog...sten-ziman.html

My problem with the people on that "panel" is simple. I do not want to hear the phrase "national gun registry" from people in power who are considered squeaky clean let alone those with suspect behavior and pasts.

Kathleen Willis got elected by seriously underhanded tactics and Kristen Zimans behavior is considerably more then shady.

Without Madigans generous donations Willis would like still be an officer on the Addison Kiwanis and if corrupt Mayor Tom Weisner didn't help Kristen Ziman more then likely she would have too many DUIs too even be able to have a FOID.

I think the saying about "glass houses" applies to these two and they want a national gun registry?

#39 Hatchet

• 2,961 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:39 AM

If we assume 261 working days in a year, and average the 200k and 180k across the entire year....
766 Renewals per day
1455 total per day
182 per hour
3.03 per minute.

That would be for only 1 person working. With a staff of 50 that would be 3.6 Foid per hour per person. or about 16 mins per app. But throw in CCL and that number drops as well. Also i'm sure some of the 50 person staff are supervisors who don't go through apps.

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#40 Mick G

Former Member

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:53 AM

766 Renewals per day
1455 total per day
182 per hour
3.03 per minute.

That would be for only 1 person working. With a staff of 50 that would be 3.6 Foid per hour per person. or about 16 mins per app. But throw in CCL and that number drops as well. Also i'm sure some of the 50 person staff are supervisors who don't go through apps.

I noticed that also but since I screwed up on my math so badly the first time, I figured I would just be quiet.

Nobody's doing app/renewals at 3 per minute.

Enter, Enter, Enter, don't like the name, Deny, Enter, Enter.

Two minutes, time for a break.

#41 Hatchet

• 2,961 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:08 AM

I noticed that also but since I screwed up on my math so badly the first time, I figured I would just be quiet.

Nobody's doing app/renewals at 3 per minute.

Enter, Enter, Enter, don't like the name, Deny, Enter, Enter.

Two minutes, time for a break.

The first time i did that math i was about to post about the 3 apps per min then realized i missed the other people. :)

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users