RECORD-BREAKING PRE-REGISTRATION for GUN RIGHTS CONFERENCE

Molly B.

RECORD-BREAKING PRE-REGISTRATION FOR SEPT. 19-20 GUN RIGHTS CONFERENCE

BELLEVUE, WA The largest-ever number of Second Amendment activists has pre-registered for this coming weekends 35th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference, which will be held entirely online Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 19-20, with more than 120 speakers, including several VIP guests.

Co-hosted by the Second Amendment Foundation and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, this is the first time in history the event will be entirely online. According to SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb, there is an energy for this years conference unlike anything hes seen before. To register, go to www.saf.org/grpc.

I participated in an online conference re Chickens last weekend. It was a Zoom thing.

There is absolutely zero room for abuse. Generally speaking, all those who watch can WATCH ONLY. No one else can see or hear you. Some allow you to ask questions via your keyboard, which go to the moderator, who has full control of the event. It’s much like watching TV.

I participated in an online conference re Chickens last weekend. It was a Zoom thing.

There is absolutely zero room for abuse. Generally speaking, all those who watch can WATCH ONLY. No one else can see or hear you. Some allow you to ask questions via your keyboard, which go to the moderator, who has full control of the event. It’s much like watching TV.

All depends on who sets up/hosts/moderates the meeting. It can be set up as a free for all, which frankly guarantees a disaster, or with tight controls.

wrong

The way MDA deals with it is that most people on the larger Zoom meetings are either just present (no camera on them) or muted. Its funny getting in on those with my fake account, as these people are sometimes clueless as to operate a zoom meeting lol. Download the Demand Action app, create a bogus profile, enjoy

post-16014-0-79972500-1600356070_thumb.png

I think the 2AF will do a much better job than the moms though in regards to their event

I do zoom meetings all the time where everyone has full access, and the host can mute any participant at anytime. And I've participated in meetings with huge numbers of people where the host has complete control and there is no way I can do anything but watch.

So... Educate me!

-Why would any conference host allow full participation of attendees?

-How is a moderated conference "ripe for abuse"?

-Am I wrong simply because my experience disagrees with you?

Good to have an alternative too, like Facebook.

Part C has been really on point so far - speaking of the need to be inclusive, to avoid politics other the the single issue of the Second Amendment, to be welcoming and helpful to new gun owners without regard to things outside their gun ownership. It reinforces all those things we try so hard to do here.

Archived