Cook Co. Forest Preserve suit?

firepiper

Anyone seen or heard of a 2A/14A lawsuit challenging the Cook County forest preserve ban?

Had a Facebook post come across my newsfeed talking about a Cook county forest preserve uuw case with an arrest of a person fishing while carrying....

Closed the feed, but have been unable to bring it up via the search function....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would you think that?

If the courts say you cant ban cc in JUST Cook County Forest Preserves... Mike Madigan will push banning cc in ALL Forest Preserves!!
That is a pessimistic leap. I would say It would be a repudiation of what Madigan tried to accomplish by singling out Cook county. It was an arbitrary decision only to satisfy the Cook County Democrats.

........There is no rational basis for this distinction, no substantial or compelling government interest, and the means of advancing this interest are irrational and arbitrary. There is no reason Cook County Residents should have to jog or fish in another County in order to exercise their right to self-defense while jogging or fishing...........

Let’s hope the attorneys in this case didn’t just screw all citizens who go into forest preserves other than Cook County.

I can see the State changing the law to ban CC in ALL forest preserves now !!

I think one of the main arguments is that a Forest Preserve District is NOT a sensitive place where firearms can be banned. Heller says firearms may be banned in sensitive places such as schools or government buildings. What makes a forest preserve a sensitive place?

Let’s hope the attorneys in this case didn’t just screw all citizens who go into forest preserves other than Cook County.

I can see the State changing the law to ban CC in ALL forest preserves now !!

I think one of the main arguments is that a Forest Preserve District is NOT a sensitive place where firearms can be banned. Heller says firearms may be banned in sensitive places such as schools or government buildings. What makes a forest preserve a sensitive place?

What makes Cook County Forest Preserve specifically a sensitive place anyways? Is it in any way radically different than any other?

WHAT makes Anywhere a “sensitive” place ??

Other than a prison, or a facility high in list regarding National security ... it is ALL arbitrary.

There was a discussion on another forum where this question was asked. Basically, my take is that if the place would be a sensitive location, there should already be armed security, and controlled entry and exit points. If that's not done at a location, it shouldn't be classified as sensitive.

What makes the public park near my home where a man kidnapped and raped a senior citizen in the woods a "sensitive area"? They have to show rational basis at bare minimum and there is no rational basis for it. It's like "well, we know crime occurs in these places so let's prohibit people from protecting themselves" since concealed knives are also banned where I live (they don't prosecute unless there's an accompanying crime but come on). There are ZERO legal options for armed self-defense in parks where I am.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

What makes the public park near my home where a man kidnapped and raped a senior citizen in the woods a "sensitive area"? They have to show rational basis at bare minimum and there is no rational basis for it. It's like "well, we know crime occurs in these places so let's prohibit people from protecting themselves" since concealed knives are also banned where I live (they don't prosecute unless there's an accompanying crime but come on). There are ZERO legal options for armed self-defense in parks where I am.

A “ sensitive area” are those places where you might encounter someone that is sensitive to your caring a gun. Therefore not to alienate their sensibilities you should not carry there. This also may include any areas that contain children under the age of 24.

/purple

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like it.

The small park across the street has the gun sign . . . and a path from one side to the other.

The signs don't affect bad people.

The sign should not affect crossing on the path.

So why is there a sign???

This law suit doesn't really address municipal parks.

He should have left his CCL at home and just gone fishing with his foid card.

That would have been very interesting too!

Only if he wore it outside his belt.

Since he was carrying two, that would be a sight to see.

Looks like a solid case. Hopefully this would be the one where the county realizes that they shouldn't keep passing anti-constitutional, anti-gun legislation, but that's a fat chance.

hahahah Thanks for the morning laugh :)

WHAT makes Anywhere a “sensitive” place ??

Other than a prison, or a facility high in list regarding National security ... it is ALL arbitrary.

There was a discussion on another forum where this question was asked. Basically, my take is that if the place would be a sensitive location, there should already be armed security, and controlled entry and exit points. If that's not done at a location, it shouldn't be classified as sensitive.

This is what I think. It is my opinion that if active measures to deter anyone from bringing a firearm into an area are not in place, including searches by armed security and metal detectors to find hidden weapons, then it should be allowed. I'd go so far as to say that, purely theoretically, if a firearm is concealed by a lawful carrier who is not going to use it for anything but necessary defense, then the prohibition on carrying in any places that do not provide such safeguards, as well as protection for disarmed visitors to them, should be ignored as arbitrarily created threat zones, and that if no one knows that a lawful carrier has a firearm or other weapon, then that's all well and good.

im confused,if one is carrying concealed how is that sensative to anyone,they don,t know you are carrying,that,s why they call it cc.

Exactly, but IF caught carrying it makes an otherwise outstanding Law Abiding citizen a Criminal . Subject to revenue producing fines and costs from the otherwise Law Abiding citizen to the political cronies!

BobPistol must be rubbing off on me !

It's for the animals and the good of the forest preserve. Because we can't have a lead slug exit some scumbag's body and lodge in a tree (as if self-defense rounds do that). That's bad for the environment.

Archived