Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

• 3 months later...

Let's track another one, shall we?

CCL Expires: 6/26/2020

Applied for Renewal: 3/14/2020

*Note: Fingerprints were submitted with original application 5 years ago

Let's see how long this takes.

Passed the 90 day mark last week and still under review. Let's see if that changes Friday when my license expires.

It probably won't. I'm at the 145 day mark and still showing submitted. Emailed ISP and my state rep today, for what little good it may do.

I guess I’m just too old to care, or I’m wired wrong!

When I applied for my FOID I just waited and it showed up.

Then when we were allowed to get the CCL, I again applied and waited and again boom it showed up!

And just recently last year I applied for CCL renewal and one day it showed up like magic.

I’m saying to relax and stop stressing about something you have no power over. Some stress more than others, but the cards will show up when they show up.

Grab a steak and throw it on the grill, snatch up a few beers and before you know it...boom it will appear like magic!

• 1 month later...

in 15 calendar days it'll be 6 months since I sent my renewal application and, as of today (8/30/20), still "Under Review." I get that they're "under staffed", "too many applications", "too many background checks to run", "Covid", etc., but this is now getting laughable.

You’re not the only one. My wife and submitted our renewals (original applications with prints) on 2/25/20 and nothing but crickets since.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not worried about potentially having an expired card in IL since any officer can check and see that you're active, but what happens if you go to another state where they potentially can't get in touch with the ISP? How do these ridiculous delays like this affect carrying while traveling?

Ah man, Raw Power. Never thought of traveling outside the state with an expired Illinois CCL under "Covid" extension. I'm now two month out on CCL renewal, fingerprints with original application, renewal class (7-18) diploma with renewal application. Still just "Submitted."

My CCL expires next month. Coming to grips with the fact that I'll be headed out of state on several trips long before my new CCL arrives.

I can't help but imagine what a private employer would say to an employee, with months of backlogged paperwork sitting on the employee's desk, untouched for months ... who tells his boss "I'll get around to processing this when I get around to processing it."

Several guys have already posted about having their CCL checked for various reasons out of state.

If the state you are visiting honors Illinois ccl, you are good.

Not sure why some get all bunched up about stuff they have full control over!?

Unless you are planing on an out of state bobbers spree or maybe visiting a riot/looting scene, why worry.

If following the law and minding you business why would an officer have reason to ask or check if you have a gun?

Going on six years and have never been asked nor stopped for carrying a gun.

If it prints it prints, it’s part and parcel of carrying for most. Relax and smell those out of state roses....it Fall Time!

My CCL expires 3/1/2021 as per the date on the card. Logged in just for kicks yesterday and saw the COVID notice under expiration date. this is the first time I've seen this as the last time I ever logged in was prior to the virus.

What is the protocol here? Do I still wait for a renewal letter to start the process, or does the license stay valid as long as it says COVID online?

No renewal letters under normal circumstances.

Some have stated they received a letter but that is a hit and a miss.

If it is expired and now you are under the emergency order of extension “covid” you have options.

You can do nothing until the order is removed and then you will have a listed timeline to renew. It’s posted what is the latest alllowbale timelines laid out.

You can in fact still take the renewal class and submit your renewal request as normal.

Your FOID and CCL remain active and valid during this process if you are worried as such!

Keeping in mind that the renewals are taking up to and extending past 6 months. They are processing “New” apps first and as fast as they can. (Not a debate just a statement)!

Either way do a slow browse through the top two main areas of concern and within there is a huge amount of great formation.

Last option for reading would be to browse to this members profile: InterestedBystander

There you can look at either topics or posts only and he has many posts and has kept up on the topics you ask about.

Good Luck

Thanks Bubbacs!

If you look at the ISP FAQ, they extended the expire date from 12 months to 18 months after expiration of disaster order.

What is the impact of the state's disaster declaration on my FOID expiration date?

Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) card holders and Concealed Carry License (CCL) holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state's disaster proclamation and for a period of 18 months (previously 12 months) following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration.

Thanks Bubbacs!

If you look at the ISP FAQ, they extended the expire date from 12 months to 18 months after expiration of disaster order.

What is the impact of the state's disaster declaration on my FOID expiration date?

Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) card holders and Concealed Carry License (CCL) holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state's disaster proclamation and for a period of 18 months (previously 12 months) following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration.

Thanks for the tip, I did check that out.

• 2 months later...

Archived