POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

mauserme

Acc

Does anyone know if City Winery on Randolph is posted? Proper protocol to call and ask if they allow permit holders to carry? Thanks.

According to google maps, their doors don't appear to be posted and the image is from 2016 https://www.google.com/maps/place/City+Winery/@41.8843162,-87.657283,3a,15y,344.3h,82.21t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sZQ68Zbf2c-mtfwfR7d3-JQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x880e2cd86a5c90ed:0x33d10330582ee555!8m2!3d41.884637!4d-87.6570519!6m1!1e1

They are not on the POSTED App either. I think you should be safe, despite it being in the city.

Does anyone know if City Winery on Randolph is posted? Proper protocol to call and ask if they allow permit holders to carry? Thanks.

I have been there.

I don't recall that it was posted, but I was not carrying and didn't really look.

It is, however

-a music venue

-a bar with a restaurant

-a winery

-in Chicago in an entertainment district

The cost of drinks was substantially more than 50% of my total cash outlay for the evening. Sitting stage side with table service in an intimate room was nice, but the live sound could have been better.

Thanks, guys. I didn't see them listed on the app either but wanted to double check. I've been there prior to having a permit and enjoyed the venue as well, soundguy. We were center stage for an acoustic show and thought the sound was good. Thanks for the help.

Let us know what you find out!

*At some point my ex-wife no longer asked me to accompany her to the theater... TaxiCab radio chatter over the wireless system was just too much for me to bear at Phantom of the Opera. Plus... It was Phantom of the Opera.

Not sure if this is part of this since it's more of a service and no signs are actually posted. Since I've received my CCL a few months ago, I stopped using Uber and Lyft, deleted the apps off my phone due to their unfair No Firearm policy for riders.

https://www.uber.com...tion-policy/en/

https://help.lyft.co...Safety-Policies

Neither ride service performs an extensive background check on their drivers. Us law abiding citizens have gone thru a more extensive background check (including fingerprinting) and are less dangerous than their drivers.

Not sure if this is part of this since it's more of a service and no signs are actually posted. Since I've received my CCL a few months ago, I stopped using Uber and Lyft, deleted the apps off my phone due to their unfair No Firearm policy for riders.

Neither ride service performs an extensive background check on their drivers. Us law abiding citizens have gone thru a more extensive background check (including fingerprinting) and are less dangerous than their drivers.

I think those policies are to cover themselves. I look at it as a don't ask don't tell. And you KNOW some of the drivers are carrying.

IMO, Not posted == not posted. I view the Lyft note the same as the ones from Starbucks, Target, Chilis, Chipotle, Sonic, Costco, Panera, etc... They say "we don't like guns", but don't actually take any steps to prohibit them. I'm not a fan of such places, but it's not enough to stop me from going there when it's convenient. The "we hate your kind" ISP sign on the front door certainly is though. :)

• 3 weeks later...

F Peru Mall

F Malls everywhere.

Agreed, gentlemen. I actually became aware because of a local news/gossip group my wife is in on Facebook, the comment section is the typical crap show. The owners are from Chicago (shocking, right?), and aside from their anti 2A stance they also doubled to tripled the leases for the shops when they came in, which has driven alot of stores out. So, I'll add...

F Chicago

• 2 weeks later...

I was with my wife at the Fairview Heights Jo-Ann Fabrics store. It seems they removed their no-gun sign. I did not see it and even commented to my wife about it and she could not find the sign either.

Don't know if it was a change it company policy or they just removed the sign.

Interesting. They were very anti-gun with every store posted in the past. Anyone else check a Jo-Ann Fabrics recently? I'm curious if they changed policy or if that particular store's sign just fell down and they haven't bothered replacing it yet...

• 4 weeks later...

Belleville Sportsplex in Belleville recently posted. I asked the 17-year-old Manager on Duty why so. She said two weeks ago some ....... IDIOT (my word)... was in there showing off his brand new carry firearm to all of the kiddos. Also - He was making racist statements towards the black patron there. The Sportplex staff didn't call the police, but asked him to leave. This is all she 'knew'.

If anyone here knows who this jagoff is, please send me his contact info. I would like to have a talk with the waste of flesh.

Unfortunately there are more than a few jerks who have received their concealed carry license. You usually run into them in LGS where they want to share their "expertise" with anyone who approaches the gun counter, often lifting their shirt to try to impress people with what big bad dudes they are. Another clue as to who acts like this is if they have one of those Concealed Carry badges. But to do so ti try to impress kids is really among the stupidest things I have heard lately. Every person whose kids came home and told them about the guy flashing a gun at the Sportsplex probably becomes a life long opponent of concealed carry laws and 2nd Amendment rights.

I was with my wife at the Fairview Heights Jo-Ann Fabrics store. It seems they removed their no-gun sign. I did not see it and even commented to my wife about it and she could not find the sign either.

Don't know if it was a change it company policy or they just removed the sign.

Interesting. They were very anti-gun with every store posted in the past. Anyone else check a Jo-Ann Fabrics recently? I'm curious if they changed policy or if that particular store's sign just fell down and they haven't bothered replacing it yet...

They're still posted here in Carbondale.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the anti-gun HHgregg stores are closing.

I know. :) I saw it on the news a bit ago, and my comment is "it serves them right." Why would any business who is already struggling purposely tell a portion of their customer base (all legal CCW-holders) that they cannot shop at their store. It's a terrible business move to purposely alienate many of your customers with no upside.

• 3 weeks later...

Within the last week or so my office building in Chicago (20 N Clark, NW corner of Clark/Madison) posted the no guns sign. It's not posted on the rotating doors most folks use, but rather it's on the secondary door used for when folks are using carts, in a wheelchair, etc. For whatever reason I can't upload a photo I took of door so here's a link on Box to see it: https://gsscreative.box.com/v/posted

I know. :) I saw it on the news a bit ago, and my comment is "it serves them right." Why would any business who is already struggling purposely tell a portion of their customer base (all legal CCW-holders) that they cannot shop at their store. It's a terrible business move to purposely alienate many of your customers with no upside.

I never bought anything from them even before I knew that they were anti-gun simply because they had less variety of computer peripherals than Best Buy in the same strip mall. Even Walmart and Target have more variety than HHgregg. After finding finding out that they were anti-gun I told my dad about their gun hating policy and he never bought anything from them.

I never bought anything from them even before I knew that they were anti-gun simply because they had less variety of computer peripherals than Best Buy in the same strip mall. Even Walmart and Target have more variety than HHgregg. After finding finding out that they were anti-gun I told my dad about their gun hating policy and he never bought anything from them.

The one I went in was never posted with the appropriate signage...some store bought sign about weapons with a picture of a gun and knife on it.

The service manager at the Elmhurst Kia service center thinks Im the only person that objects to the no gun sticker. The main entrance, the sales entrance, the Acura side all have no signs. Only the Kia service side.

Spoke to the service manager and he probably thinks Im the only one that wont do business with them.

If you care to send a quick friendly, no guns no business note click here

http://www.napletonkia.com/contact.htm

The service manager at the Elmhurst Kia service center thinks Im the only person that objects to the no gun sticker. The main entrance, the sales entrance, the Acura side all have no signs. Only the Kia service side.

Spoke to the service manager and he probably thinks Im the only one that wont do business with them.

If you care to send a quick friendly, no guns no business note click here

http://www.napletonkia.com/contact.htm

The Acura side used to be posted too. They disappeared after I talked to the service manager one time...but he was also gone along with the signs the next time I went in so I dont know!!! He had told me he thought the signs were put up by someone no longer at the dealer.

Oh, I just reread...the last time I went in the KIA side, the front main entrance was still posted so things have changed.

Within the last week or so my office building in Chicago (20 N Clark, NW corner of Clark/Madison) posted the no guns sign. It's not posted on the rotating doors most folks use, but rather it's on the secondary door used for when folks are using carts, in a wheelchair, etc. For whatever reason I can't upload a photo I took of door so here's a link on Box to see it: https://gsscreative.box.com/v/posted

Maybe it was posted by an unauthorized person. Have you check with your managing agent?

Belleville Sportsplex in Belleville recently posted. I asked the 17-year-old Manager on Duty why so. She said two weeks ago some ....... IDIOT (my word)... was in there showing off his brand new carry firearm to all of the kiddos. Also - He was making racist statements towards the black patron there. The Sportplex staff didn't call the police, but asked him to leave. This is all she 'knew'.

If anyone here knows who this jagoff is, please send me his contact info. I would like to have a talk with the waste of flesh.

At least that's a semi-legitimate reason to post. Most of them just say something along the lines of "so we won't be robbed". SMH.

Maybe it was posted by an unauthorized person. Have you check with your managing agent?

Asked building front desk person about it... she said it was building management who posted it. I can't carry anyway because I commute via train but still makes me not happy that all these yahoos think a 4x6 sticker will automatically shield them from bad actors.

Archived