Address change question.

Brad O.

So I started by updating the State digital ID and my driver's license. Later that afternoon, after being assured the DL was instantly changed in Springfeild when I was at the DMV. (They let me renew at the same time I changed the address). I got on the ISP site and set up the new State Police ID and proceeded to the FOID section to change the address on that first. The peculiar thing is at the end of the process it charged me the 80 bux for CCL address change. ???

I tried to re-sign into the site to check on things but couldn't.

Are they combining the address change process for FOID and CCL?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, 80 dollars to update ccl and foid, they do both at once.

That is a ridiculous charge for just changing your address. It should be something in line with the actual cost of issuing new cards. A legislator should get this changed to something more reasonable like $5, what used to be the cost of the FOID card for 5 years, or $10 for the FOID and LTC. They aren't doing a new background check because of an address change are they?

That is a ridiculous charge for just changing your address. It should be something in line with the actual cost of issuing new cards. A legislator should get this changed to something more reasonable like $5, what used to be the cost of the FOID card for 5 years, or $10 for the FOID and LTC. They aren't doing a new background check because of an address change are they?

If they don't on the address change, they sure as h e l l act like it. I was 54 days on an address change and the website went through all the same steps as the original application.

If they don't on the address change, they sure as h e l l act like it. I was 54 days on an address change and the website went through all the same steps as the original application.

I'd have loved 54 days.

My address change came in at a nice 112 days -- yes one hundred twelve!

That's what I got for $75...

however, for $5.00 I got a FOID in about 35 days...

and for $5.00 I got a DL in about 15 minutes!

Last week I changed my address on my drivers license. I let it get in the system for a week before

I did my change of address today 2-4-16 for FOID and CCL. Lets see how long it takes.

I started it online but when I clicked the accept button it showed my old address was still going to be my new address. So of course nothing goes as smooth as it should so I had to call the ISP and get that all taken care of. the woman got it all straightened out and put my new address in the system and of course charged me $80. I went back on after I hung up and checked it and the new address was there online and both FOID and CCL now say under review.

P.S. I noticed on the ISP change of address page my new address wasnt in all capitals like on my drivers license. Thats the way the woman did it. Maybe it will show up as all caps anyway. I hope!

I did a change of address on 02/24/16 and sent my CC application online to (03/01/16). We shall see how long this takes.

I changed the address on my foid 1/28/16... it's still not done. lol

My wife did hers (new FOID) 3 days after me and hers has moved to qc_verified while mine still sits at submitted

Mine is still on QC_VERIFIED haha.. I guess the 30 days they originally told me is bs.

• 1 month later...

Did an address change online the first of march due to getting a new 911 address. CCL/FOID was $80 + the $1.88 service fee.

A couple weeks later while talking to a coworker he told me he couldn't get logged on to do his last Nov so he called the isp and was only charged $6 for both. I called isp to verify this info and to get a refund for the difference. The lady I spoke with verified that a 911 address change is indeed $6 but there is no way for them to issue refunds. I contacted my state senators office Monday and his assistant is supposed to be checking on it but haven't heard back from her yet. Anyone have any info on this situation???

Did an address change online the first of march due to getting a new 911 address. CCL/FOID was $80 + the $1.88 service fee.

A couple weeks later while talking to a coworker he told me he couldn't get logged on to do his last Nov so he called the isp and was only charged $6 for both. I called isp to verify this info and to get a refund for the difference. The lady I spoke with verified that a 911 address change is indeed $6 but there is no way for them to issue refunds. I contacted my state senators office Monday and his assistant is supposed to be checking on it but haven't heard back from her yet. Anyone have any info on this situation???

what is a 911 address change?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HH6 changed our DL's when we relocated via the cyberdrive IL website. No hassle.

I changed my FOID and FCCL on 6/3 and got the "Thank you for submitting your Name/Address Change. The Illinois State Police will review your submitted information and determine it meets state requirements." autoreply.

I moved from one end of town in one ZIP code to the other in another. Same town, same PD and CLEO, different ZIP.

My FOID just went active 7/6. FCCL still shows "under review".

• 3 weeks later...

Did a change of address on 6/1. Moved 4 blocks from my old home.

FOID was "Issued" on 6/24. Still haven't received it.

CCL still says "Under Review". I was told by FSB it takes 90 days, just like an original...... Seriously???

Instructor status is still "Active".

Wondering what will happen if I were to be pulled over and the PD sees two different addresses? The FSB says the original is still active and legal.

Did a change of address on 6/1. Moved 4 blocks from my old home.

FOID was "Issued" on 6/24. Still haven't received it.

CCL still says "Under Review". I was told by FSB it takes 90 days, just like an original...... Seriously???

Instructor status is still "Active".

Wondering what will happen if I were to be pulled over and the PD sees two different addresses? The FSB says the original is still active and legal.

I do not see any reason to be very concerned. It is extremely unlikely that you will be pulled over. Most people go several years without being pulled over. Police are aware that various IDs can take time to reflect change of address.

Both the drivers license and CCL have your picture. The date of issue is listed on the DL. The officer using the squad computer should be able to verify that you have filed a change of address for the CCL. You can print out any emails and ISP web pages, if possible, supporting your filing the change of address and keep that under your visor. I would not keep them in the glove box or console (less chance of a furtive movement).

Is there any guarantee that you will not run into a less than perfect cop? No.

UPDATE to my post #23 above.... I just spoke with the Firearm Services Bureau about my FOID that I haven't gotten. I was told that typically, it is taking up to 60 days for a new FOID to arrive AFTER being issued. 2 - 3 weeks after, my corrected CCL "should" arrive.

Another (not so) funny thing happened.... I did an address change for my Wife. Her card came in 3 weeks. One would think that being an Instructor would mean that our info is more readily available to them, and would help to make things go faster.... "Thinking" is my first problem. Being an Instructor in Chi-Raq is another. I should automatically assume that I will be a target no matter what I do.

Archived