Opinion piece in Kankakee newspaper

Smallbore

Again.. this is old news.

We all know that where liberal (ugh.... I hate that word) CC is allowed, crime falls.

The Chicago/C®ook Politicians don't want CC in Illinois. More accurately, the street gangs that make up their constituents don't want it. Therefore it's up to the rest of the state of decisively drive CC over the Machine block to help free the state.

Again.. this is old news.

We all know that where liberal (ugh.... I hate that word) CC is allowed, crime falls.

The Chicago/C®ook Politicians don't want CC in Illinois. More accurately, the street gangs that make up their constituents don't want it. Therefore it's up to the rest of the state of decisively drive CC over the Machine block to help free the state.

Okay, let's use some objectivity here, and put our thinking caps on. As a lifelong Chicagoan, I can tell you that there are folks here working hard to make Illinois Concealed Carry happen also. The ideas put forth such as separating the state and other such nonsense need to go the way of the dinosaur...seriously. First of all, leaving folks behind isn't the American way, so let's can that talk.

Secondly, despite anyone's wish to the contrary, no one, NO ONE, is going to "drive CC over the Machine block", it simply is not going to happen, so let's not waste any more time jawin' about it. (And I am not a fan of the Machine...I am a Republican)

How do we get Illinois Concealed Carry? We are actually making headway, and we have seen that in the recent vote. In addition to which, the key to success now, is to increase our numbers in Cook County and Chicago, IL. In order to make IL CCW a reality, we need to effect a paradigm shift in the minds of folks in the area of concern. We need to train and certify lawful citizens in Chicago, give these folks the means to begin to enjoy their second amendment rights. A taste of freedom creates a hunger for freedom. I have seen this myself, in the anger of newly trained Chicago Firearm Permit applicants, as they see how far behind the power curve they are, in terms of their constitutional rights.

Let's can the useless polemic, stop shaking our fists at the sky, and take aggressive, logical, strategic steps to change the odds in our favor. Let's increase the legal gun-owning population in Chicago and shift the percentages in our favor. Let's put our energy and our dollars where they will do the most good, and win the hearts and minds of folks who know, in their hearts, that they need CCW to protect themselves.

[The bear goes back into the cave...]

I thought the article in this paper may show a slow shift in the wind. A few years back this paper's editor was strongly anti gun. Ex. Pictures of those promoting a youth shooting event inthe outdoor section would not allow a gun in the picture. A reporter who took George Ryan to task for his anti gun views got into deep trouble. I believe more papers printing more pro cc articles, the better.

Howdy Fidelity,

You are spot on. As I have been saying all along, we need one voice sounding like 10 million. I remeber back in the 50's/60's, my Dad carried a gun, without a permit. There was no FOID card, you could go into a gun shop and buy one, and take it home with you. You could buy ammo at Sears.

As much as downstaters feel about Chicago, you can't make Chicago seceed for Illinois. Chicago provides over 7 billion in taxes for the state. AS much as downstaters hate Chicago Politicians, what makes you think that us Northern Illinois voters likes them? They get back into office by eliminating the competition(Just like Obama did), by buying the voters and transporting them to the Polls in busloads(Like Quinn did), and by having the dead, vote twice.

We have made tremendous progress, in the 12 years I have been bringing up the fight to my representatives. They are slowly begining to realize, that alot of people want it. We will get CCW in Illinois, either thru the Legislation, or thru the Judical. Thanks to TODD, VALINDA, ISRA & etal.

jkrzos

It's amazing that If you take Fidelity's Chicago Firearms class, you are technically qualified to CC in most of the country. ... Seriously! What the hey!!!? :Ahem...:

And the people have no real say in their own governmental affairs. The ruling political families call the shots.

[bear comes back out of the cave..]

I never told anyone that the Chicago Firearm's Permit course was a CCW Course. I never said that the Chicago Firearms Permit Course qualifies anyone to carry in most of the country...or any of the country...or in Chicago outside of your home (which does not include your front yard, back yard, garage, porches..)

We do teach the Utah CFP Course, the Chicago Firearm Permit Course, the Florida CCW Course in addition to teaching several other firearms related programs.

Even the City of Chicago's attorneys had to admit that we have a great course, and did so, during my deposition in the Ezell v. City of Chicago federal case.

Whatever you are stating about us, whether you like us or hate us, tell the truth.

As for the people, it is the people who vote the folks into office in the first place. If the politicians sense a shift, they will vote according to keep their jobs. Once the lawful gunowners in Chicago reach "critical mass", we will have our tipping point. Naysaying won't get us squat - we have to get focused and make common sense decisions.

[And the Bear goes back into the cave...he has to be at the range early tomorrow...]

[bear comes back out of the cave..]

I never told anyone that the Chicago Firearm's Permit course was a CCW Course. *****wall of needless text*****

And no one ever did say it. The requirements for CCW Training for other states does that.

We do teach the Utah CFP Course, the Chicago Firearm Permit Course, the Florida CCW Course in addition to teaching several other firearms related programs.

Even the City of Chicago's attorneys had to admit that we have a great course, and did so, during my deposition in the Ezell v. City of Chicago federal case.

Whatever you are stating about us, whether you like us or hate us, tell the truth.

So your CFP training doesn't exceed the requirements for most CC permits? Ok. Just something to keep in mind I guess...

As for the people, it is the people who vote the folks into office in the first place. If the politicians sense a shift, they will vote according to keep their jobs. Once the lawful gunowners in Chicago reach "critical mass", we will have our tipping point. Naysaying won't get us squat - we have to get focused and make common sense decisions.

That's pretty naive statement from someone from Chicago.

It's the so-called common sense decisions on gun laws that have shackled the city and county for 30 years. The only critical mass politicians and their crooked cronies understand is when they realize that they can't afford the goodies that they want because of the civil settlements they have to pay for constitutional violations.

[And the Bear goes back into the cave...he has to be at the range early tomorrow...]

Wave all the creds you want but the facts remains:

The city and county continues to violate the constitution with impunity.

No lawful CC in the state of Illinois.

Continued harassment of gun owners, range owners and lawful firearms dealers.

A de-facto ban on ranges in the city of Chicago.

[And the Tiger goes back into the den. I have stories to submit for deadline]

You have the final word.

Archived