proposed gun range naperville

smallo

The two shops in the Naperville area are the only new one's recently. The other that opened up a couple of years ago was Range on 355. I am sure there are more down south. By IL standards that is a lot. Besides the membership ranges the only one I know outdoors is Buffalo Range.

• 3 weeks later...

Won't be hard for them to beat jr's in the pricing and customer service categories.

Better customer service could be found at an ANTIFA meeting. I've never been to a store of any type that talks and treats you the way they do at JR's. Haven't been in their shop for about 7 years now. The only reason I went their then was to size up a new TRP. Bought it online, saved some dough as well. Not to mention the CS over the phone was very pleasant. Trying on the TRP at JR's was less than desirable.

Construction updates on page below. Apparently Naperville is 1 or 2 months behind Merriville which just opened so September or October opening seems very realistic.

http://shootpointblank.com/construction-updates-july-2017/

Looking forward to another range being available. I also looked around for updates on Maxons second location, but could find absolutely nothing after the Nov stories about the Planning Commission meetings.

Construction updates on page below. Apparently Naperville is 1 or 2 months behind Merriville which just opened so September or October opening seems very realistic.

Actually they are further than the pictures show. The parking lot in and build has doors. Yeah I am looking forward to it opening. Right next door to home.

I've never been to a store of any type that talks and treats you the way they do at JR's. Haven't been in their shop for about 7 years now.

It's been 21 years since Black Flag brightened their door.

They do suck big time. The only reason anyone goes there is because there is nothing else around. Now that Maxxons and Point Blank are in the area things should change - or at least we can hope.

Looking forward to another range being available. I also looked around for updates on Maxons second location, but could find absolutely nothing after the Nov stories about the Planning Commission meetings.

Called Maxons month or 2 ago and they said plan is to open Warrenville by end of year.

I've never been to a store of any type that talks and treats you the way they do at JR's. Haven't been in their shop for about 7 years now.

It's been 21 years since Black Flag brightened their door.

They do suck big time. The only reason anyone goes there is because there is nothing else around. Now that Maxxons and Point Blank are in the area things should change - or at least we can hope.

The only reason I'm considering JRs is I can rent guns by myself without gun or another person. But that may be moot when Point Blank opens.

Called Maxons month or 2 ago and they said plan is to open Warrenville by end of year.

The Warrenville location has had some movement on the land but not enough IMO to have completed this year. Unless the location changed, I don't think they could be ready in 5 months.

Me thinks that with the dealer licenseing bill it may have slowed the owners down.

Just my opinion as he was in Springfield with Todd testifying about the negatives etc.

Maybe that location was slowed to see if it would be viable IF the bill had passed or another work around was thrown out by the Dems!

Just a guess again as I have no inside scoop, just thinking out loud.......maybe guys?

Won't be hard for them to beat jr's in the pricing and customer service categories.

Better customer service could be found at an ANTIFA meeting. I've never been to a store of any type that talks and treats you the way they do at JR's. Haven't been in their shop for about 7 years now. The only reason I went their then was to size up a new TRP. Bought it online, saved some dough as well. Not to mention the CS over the phone was very pleasant. Trying on the TRP at JR's was less than desirable.
. I got hosed on a desert eagle I was trying to buy at jr's years ago and never went back. I would stop buying guns if I had to give that pos a dime

• 3 weeks later...

Point Blank in Naperville is coming along nicely. Parking looks done. I visited the range in Hodgkins and the inside of the place is very well designed; Lots of ammo, guns for sale. The range looks really nice and clean, lots of well trained helpful staff. Looking forward to shooting there. Hopefully by end of October.

Drove past Friday. Looks like things are coming along great. This could be very bad for me as it's on my way home very convenient from my new job location. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You mean bad for your wallet but great for your skills :-) I know what you mean. This place is going to be only 2 miles from home so I am looking feared to it. They have a great $35 per month plan to shoot all you want. I am planning to get that. Go there two times and you have received your cost and some. Happy shooting.

By the way they had some 9mm/.40S&W/45 ACP made by Midwest Ammo of Ohio and the prices were vey good. But thanks to Crook County task of $2.50 per box the price went up.

Got a couple of boxes to try out.

Thats their in-house ammo

Red box

Also a review online stated that it could contain reused brass.

My research shows it cant be purchased outside their own ranges, but im not 100%

But im just passing info along

Interesting the box does not say anything. Well I guess I have it so I am going to test it. Thanks for the information.

Red box

My research shows it cant be purchased outside their own ranges, but im not 100%

Interesting the box does not say anything. Well I guess I have it so I am going to test it. Thanks for the information.

Yeah the box is pretty generic at best.

I did a search and finally found their web page, very sparse also.

I'll see if I can find it again.

It should be fine, I didn't mean it was bad ammo, was just relaying info if you didn't know who made it and such!

Red box

Yeah the box is pretty generic at best.

I did a search and finally found their web page, very sparse also.

I'll see if I can find it again.

It should be fine, I didn't mean it was bad ammo, was just relaying info if you didn't know who made it and such!

Thanks. I should be ok. I am going to use them in a Glock and that eats anything,

• 1 month later...

Point Blank Range in Naperville will open for business on October 16, 2017. The grand opening is October 26th 2018. So come on in. Great giveaways and discounts are available. all classes are 50% off.

The address is 560 Frontenac Rd, Naperville, IL 60563.

It is opposite O'Rielly Parts just a quarter mile east of N. Aurora Rd and Eola Rd.

Archived