proposed gun range naperville

smallo

OH so sweet and perfect. This will be around the corner from me. And their prices for a monthly pass are only $35 which would be recovered if one stopped by twice a month.

Yikes - so glad I live down south. My ranges yearly membership works out to less than $17 a month. I feel bad for you guys up north. :(

OH so sweet and perfect. This will be around the corner from me. And their prices for a monthly pass are only $35 which would be recovered if one stopped by twice a month.

Yikes - so glad I live down south. My ranges yearly membership works out to less than $17 a month. I feel bad for you guys up north. :(

LOL Thanks for feeling foe us North Dwellers. Given that the range fees in the area are around $20 to $25 a visit this is very good price - for us northern folk :-)

• 1 month later...

Here is a picture of the Point Blank Range. I was driving by today and took this picture. The outside building is complete though is is just a shell inside. They seem to be working on it really quickly.

Sorry for some reason unknown to me the picture is being attached upside down.

post-11576-0-32940200-1494623701_thumb.jpg

iPhone?

Great progress. I'm surprised they are going as quickly as they are.

Yes, iPhone. Do you know why the picture loads upside down? Any help will be much appreciated.

Yes I was surprised too. A couple of weeks ago there was almost nothing there but some trucks. Then boom the building is up. This is so close to home it make me break into a happy dance.

iPhone?

Great progress. I'm surprised they are going as quickly as they are.

Yes, iPhone. Do you know why the picture loads upside down? Any help will be much appreciated.

Yes I was surprised too. A couple of weeks ago there was almost nothing there but some trucks. Then boom the building is up. This is so close to home it make me break into a happy dance.

Is Maxons new place making progress too?

I dont remember the why, it was just from some other threads about upside down pics and it was an iPhone thing. I guess your volume buttons need to be pointing down??? Dunno, Im an Android guy.

edit to fix typos

I am not sure where the Maxxon's place is or what the status is. I will check it out since I pass by that area frequently.

As far as the photograph upload is concerned I figured it out. It is Apple iOS being very efficient and MS not using standards combination that is the cause.

I am not sure where the Maxxon's place is or what the status is. I will check it out since I pass by that area frequently.

As far as the photograph upload is concerned I figured it out. It is Apple iOS being very efficient and MS not using standards combination that is the cause.

Had to go look up Maxons location which turns out to be in Warrenville.

..."The new location on 7-plus acres at 30W255 Ferry Road will serve residents in Warrenville, Naperville and Aurora – a market that lacks facilities for shooting classes and practice ranges, he said"...

..."The new location on 7-plus acres at 30W255 Ferry Road will serve residents in Warrenville, Naperville and Aurora – a market that lacks facilities for shooting classes and practice ranges, he said"...

Yes I saw that but the last time went through that area there was no sign of any construction and I did not see any signs. Meanwhile Point Blank which was announced at the same time seems to rolling right along. Hopefully this one will come up soon. Choices - the American Dream. Happy Mothers Day.

Looking on a map, that is the location of Top Golf. Next to it is Iron Gate condo's. I drive by there twice a day. There is ZERO construction happening there.

I live right by the new Maxon's location. I can't even tell where they would build or even if they've started. Between the golf range and the car condos I don't know where it's going.

Not that it helps but found one additional hint

..."Located on the south side of Ferry Road, west of Illinois Route 59"....

• 2 weeks later...

I was confused...Maxxon's and Point Bank are two different ranges which will open in approximately the same area? Wow...hope both businesses can survive the competition. Will be interesting to how their presence will affect JR Shooting Sports...maybe they'll improve their infamous bad customer service.

Well Maxxon's has not broken ground and I cannot find any more information about their range. I sent an email to them and no reply.

On the other hand Point Blank will be opening its doors sometime in the fall. I sent them an email and got a prompt reply (well 2 days which is good).

And yes I think JR Shooting Sports is likely to see a drop in the traffic. And I also expect that they will offer similar deals as Point Blank.

If Maxxon's ever opens I think there is enough traffic to keep them all busy. I was at JR's today and it was reasonably busy.

Well Maxxon's has not broken ground and I cannot find any more information about their range. I sent an email to them and no reply.

On the other hand Point Blank will be opening its doors sometime in the fall. I sent them an email and got a prompt reply (well 2 days which is good).

And yes I think JR Shooting Sports is likely to see a drop in the traffic. And I also expect that they will offer similar deals as Point Blank.

If Maxxon's ever opens I think there is enough traffic to keep them all busy. I was at JR's today and it was reasonably busy.

I can only imagine the kinds of slurs and abuse John would heap onto Indian Americans.

I can't bring myself to darken his door.

I can only imagine the kinds of slurs and abuse John would heap onto Indian Americans.

I have been going to JR's for a long time. They treat me just like anyone customer :-) The truth is John treats me better than he treats a lot of other customers. I try to not get into controversies or discuss anything other than range time. It works.

I live right by the new Maxon's location. I can't even tell where they would build or even if they've started. Between the golf range and the car condos I don't know where it's going.

Not that it helps but found one additional hint

..."Located on the south side of Ferry Road, west of Illinois Route 59"....

Drove by again yesterday, no sign, no hint of construction other than a little dirt grading that looks like it's for the auto mall.

I have been going to JR's for a long time. They treat me just like anyone customer :-)

So...he treats you like $hit. Like an inconvenience.

I have been going to JR's for a long time. They treat me just like anyone customer :-) The truth is John treats me better than he treats a lot of other customers. I try to not get into controversies or discuss anything other than range time. It works.

Huh? Which is it? I haven't entered the place in 5 or more years after being treated like dirt on a few different occasions including one trip that I purchased a new TRP on. I wonder how much it takes to be talked to like a human there?

Point Blank will be down the street from JR's. I have no legendary tale of abuse there, but I will not be going back, even if neither of these other 2 ranges open. When built, these will steal my business from Rinks (yeah, yeah, but they're cheap!!), Article 2 and pistol range time from Buffalo Rock. I look forward to going to Point Blank, sounds like it'll be a nice place to shoot. Now if only my kids didn't monopolize all my time...

Point Blank will be down the street from JR's. I have no legendary tale of abuse there, but I will not be going back, even if neither of these other 2 ranges open. When built, these will steal my business from Rinks (yeah, yeah, but they're cheap!!), Article 2 and pistol range time from Buffalo Rock. I look forward to going to Point Blank, sounds like it'll be a nice place to shoot. Now if only my kids didn't monopolize all my time...

Yup I agree - I will most likely spend my shooting time in Point Blank since it will be next door to me. No more JR or Article 2. I might still go to Buffalo Range since it is outdoor and I don't have access to another outdoor range.

I am planning on getting the monthly $35 pass which allows you to shoot as much you want.

Opens in fall.

Archived