Illinois General Assembly Week of 1/29/2019

mauserme

1/29/2019

When the legislature last met on 1/10/2019, Bruce Rauner was still Governor. There was much conjecture about whether SB337 Gun Dealer Licensing could legally be held over from the 100th General Assembly to the 101st, to be signed into law by then Governor Elect Pritzker. Ultimately the bill was held and was subsequently signed by the new Governor. Conjecture about its legality continues.

Several new bills have been filed since then. A running list can be found here. Some of these bills have rightly caused a great deal of outcry from the 2A community. Others, still to be filed, will likely cause equal concern as they appear. Continue to be engaged. Continue to be outraged by these potential infringements. Continue to welcome your gun owning friends to the fight! They are in the process of waking a sleeping giant - we should be willing to help them.

As we creep closer to the deadline for filing new bills, no floor action relative to us is expected today. This will certainly change.

The House and Senate are scheduled for 12:00 Noon.

There will be nothing of note on either calendar, and there are no pertinent committee hearings scheduled at this time. Unless things heat up quickly we'll keep the week's proceedings to a single thread.

Next Days Scheduled

House: 1/30/2019 2/5/2019
Senate: 1/30/2019

fiduciary

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, January 29, 2019 at 01:33 AM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, January 29, 2019 at 01:33 AM - No reason given

1/29/2019

When the legislature last met on 1/10/2019, Bruce Rauner was still Governor. There was much conjecture about whether SB337 Gun Dealer Licensing could legally be held over from the 100th General Assembly to the 101st, to be signed into law by then Governor Elect Pritzker. Ultimately the bill was held and was subsequently signed by the new Governor. Conjecture about its legality continues.

Several new bills have been filed since then. A running list can be found here. Some of these bills have rightly caused a great deal of outcry from the 2A community. Others, still to be filed, will likely cause equal concern as they appear. Continue to be engaged. Continue to be outraged by these potential infringements. Continue to welcome your gun owning friends to the fight! They are in the process of waking a sleeping giant - we should be willing to help them.

As we creep closer to the deadline for filing new bills, no floor action relative to us is expected today. This will certainly change.

The House and Senate are scheduled for 12:00 Noon.

There will be nothing of note on either calendar, and there are no pertinent committee hearings scheduled at this time. Unless things heat up quickly we'll keep the week's proceedings to a single thread.

Next Days Scheduled

House: 1/30/2019

Senate: 1/30/2019

House Calendar

Senate Calendar

fiduciary

I like the firearms safety course one

It will never get out of committee for 2 reasons 1) Gasp and clutch the pearls "these nuts want to tell kids guns are ok " from the sheep in the suburbs. 2) The moms know that this could prevent children from being killed in a gun accident and they would miss out on exploiting the dead child so their Bloomberg shills in Springfield will work to stop it.

I do give the R’s credit for trying here. They’re at least doing something

all hopeless and a waste of time.

May well be, but any time the opposition spends reading and opposing our bills is less time they have to push theirs and come up with new ones. This has become a game of throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. We need to be throwing stuff too. I like the $10 renewal on FCCL for 10 years even though I just dropped $153 on mine for 5!!!

I do give the R’s credit for trying here. They’re at least doing something

all hopeless and a waste of time.

May well be, but any time the opposition spends reading and opposing our bills is less time they have to push theirs and come up with new ones. This has become a game of throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. We need to be throwing stuff too. I like the $10 renewal on FCCL for 10 years even though I just dropped $153 on mine for 5!!!

True but why would the antis vote for that

Here's an idea if it would work I don't know but here goes.... Can a Republican or good Democrat hang amendments onto SB107 ? maybe something imposing much stiffer sentences for gang members, drug dealers, repeat offenders and those that use guns in crimes and make revolving door parole impossible to get so bad guys get to stay in jail. Liberal loon Democrats seem to always avoid going after criminals because the race pimps would accuse them of going after black and brown people. can't have that so maybe that would keep them from voting yes on the bill. Vote yes and you're a racist !!!!

Archived