Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:03 AM

http://www.thefirear...mp-fire-stocks/

Not just the NRA who sees it this way I guess

#2 HeavyDuty

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

My attitude is that this is a product that never should have come to market.

It’s like the situation years ago where, despite warnings about the likely outcome, companies started selling ready made AK pattern pistols which led to the Feds declaring all the cheap 7.62x39 to be armor piercing handgun ammunition - and thus banned it from importation.

Shooters can be our own worst enemies...

#3 357

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

They are turning against the manufactures they're supposed to represent and being politically correct. What's next review semi automatic rifles?

What Mark LaRue from LaRue tactical said:

"In regards to the 2nd Amendment and the NRA

I have been told so and I understand that I am not the most eloquent person in the world, and I have rubbed a few folks the wrong way. I have failed to properly espouse my stance and some have misunderstood what I tried to convey. So let me clearly state my beliefs in simple words so there is no misunderstanding.

I am staunchly Pro 2nd Amendment, I am staunchly Pro Bumpfire stocks and I am staunchly against any moves to limit Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Period. I stand firmly with my fellow Americans, fellow shooters, gun collectors, hunters, home defenders, et al, against any regulations on the 2nd Amendment. Period. My life is fully committed to this, and the great country which has allowed me, and you, to prosper.

I also believe we must work inside and through the NRA to safeguard our freedoms and liberty. We must work to reform the NRA, so that it fully reflects the beliefs of its members. We must give no ground to those who would strip our liberty and freedom from us. I am fully committed to this fight. We fight not just for ourselves, but for our children, grandchildren, and generations of Americans to come. We must be united together in this fight. There can be no step backwards, only forward."

Mark LaRue
LaRue Tactical

Edited by 357, 12 October 2017 - 01:49 PM.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#4 357

• 724 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:15 AM

It’s like the situation years ago where, despite warnings about the likely outcome, companies started selling ready made AK pattern pistols which led to the Feds declaring all the cheap 7.62x39 to be armor piercing handgun ammunition - and thus banned it from importation.

What warnings are you talking about, and it was 5.45x39 steel core ammo that was banned. So according to you AK pistols should be illegal too? Yeah it's apparent from this shooting that shooters and organizations representing shooters can be their worst enemy.
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#5 mic6010

• Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

There's always gonna be Elmers cousins who can't understand why anyone would want a bump stock or a binary trigger. They probably don't even like the fact we own semi automatic rifles like AR-15s. I may even agree with them on bump stocks. I never bought one myself because I think they are super pointless. You can't hit anything with them accurately so all they do is waste ammo. But our feelings are not the point here.

The fact of the matter is that the bump stock argument is just like every other gun control argument. Its based on the same ignorance of numbers and statistics. It instead uses a single event and fear mongering to try and take something away from people that is used lawfully in every other instance. Now you have these supposedly "pro gun" groups asking for legislation against gun owners.  That should never be forgotten or forgiven imo.

Did these idiots ever stop and think what it is they are actually advocating for ? Saying you want an "ATF review" is akin to saying you think they should be banned without actually saying it. So that's allegedly pro gun groups giving political ammunition to the anti gunners to use agasin't us. "Look here everyone, the pro gun people agree with us". So that's gonna make all those bans at the state level move even further. And that's a problem.

Have you seen one version of a supposed "bump stock" ban yet that didn't have wording that would ban anything but the stock trigger mechanism the firearm ships with ?

Yeah I'm sure that's gonna go over real well with most gun owners when you supported bans that literally make everything trigger related illegal and let the ATF start arbitrarily deciding what constitutes "makes a semi auto firearm fire faster".

What made these idiots think that now was the perfect time to come out and shoot us all in the foot I have no idea. After all that's happened over the last 9 years they jump on this hysteria train of all things ?

I for one will not be supporting or having to do with those organizations in the future and I recommend everyone else deosn't either. We have seen who they really are.

Edited by mic6010, 12 October 2017 - 12:12 PM.

"Living in Chicago, it used to be, 'don't go out at night,' or 'be more careful at night'. Now it's turned into a place where it doesn't matter if it's day or night."  - John Hendricks.

#6 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:40 PM

The whole ban bump stock idea is exactly as saying, if it saves just one child.  How many other murders happened with a slide fire?  So it happened one time and immediately certain groups jump and say ban it.  

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#7 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 2,908 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:05 PM

The whole ban bump stock idea is exactly as saying, if it saves just one child.  How many other murders happened with a slide fire?  So it happened one time and immediately certain groups jump and say ban it.  

Well,  since it is about saving children, then here is where someone being allowed to carry a firearm saved TWO children:

"Even though a life was lost and that's tragic in any case, in this case, two lives were saved that were innocent," James Williams said. "He would be a hero in my book."

I guess that settles the argument, then. Carrying firearms is to save the children. No way around it.

Edited by ChicagoRonin70, 12 October 2017 - 01:06 PM.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#8 OldMarineVet

• 2,084 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

deleted

Edited by OldMarineVet, 12 October 2017 - 02:07 PM.

#9 357

• 724 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

They are turning against the manufactures they're supposed to represent and being politically correct. What's next review semi automatic rifles? What Mark LaRue from LaRue tactical said:In regards to the 2nd Amendment and the NRA I have been told so and I understand that I am not the most eloquent person in the world, and I have rubbed a few folks the wrong way. I have failed to properly espouse my stance and some have misunderstood what I tried to convey. So let me clearly state my beliefs in simple words so there is no misunderstanding.I am staunchly Pro 2nd Amendment, I am staunchly Pro Bumpfire stocks and I am staunchly against any moves to limit Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Period. I stand firmly with my fellow Americans, fellow shooters, gun collectors, hunters, home defenders, et al, against any regulations on the 2nd Amendment. Period. My life is fully committed to this, and the great country which has allowed me, and you, to prosper.I also believe we must work inside and through the NRA to safeguard our freedoms and liberty. We must work to reform the NRA, so that it fully reflects the beliefs of its members. We must give no ground to those who would strip our liberty and freedom from us. I am fully committed to this fight. We fight not just for ourselves, but for our children, grandchildren, and generations of Americans to come. We must be united together in this fight. There can be no step backwards, only forward.Mark LaRueLaRue Tactical

You said "We must work to reform the NRA, so that it fully reflects the beliefs of its members."How do you know the NRA's actions don't "reflect the beliefs of its members?" What makes you think your opinion "reflects the belief of its members?""Reform the NRA?" If it wasn't for the NRA's past accomplishments we'd be throwing rocks for self-defense. Are you also overlooking the NRA's substantial contribution to getting President Trump elected? How would the 2nd Amendment be doing now under Hillary Clinton?How would you "reform the NRA?"

I included a quote from Mark Larue from Larue tactical. You don't see it? You ask him what he said. The part that I agree with him and I'm a staunch supporter of the NRA is that they should not compromise with the anti 2nd amendment people and is a slippery slope. Sounds like you agree with the NRA about the "review"?

Edited by 357, 12 October 2017 - 02:02 PM.

James Madison

Edmund Burke

George Orwell

Benjamin Franklin

#10 OldMarineVet

• 2,084 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

I agree with the NRA.

Edited by OldMarineVet, 12 October 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#11 HeavyDuty

• 968 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

Its like the situation years ago where, despite warnings about the likely outcome, companies started selling ready made AK pattern pistols which led to the Feds declaring all the cheap 7.62x39 to be armor piercing handgun ammunition - and thus banned it from importation.

What warnings are you talking about, and it was 5.45x39 steel core ammo that was banned. So according to you AK pistols should be illegal too? Yeah it's apparent from this shooting that shooters and organizations representing shooters can be their worst enemy.

Guess again. A single search example, because I cant be bothered to look further for you: http://www.guns.com/...-in-atfs-favor/

Did I say AK pistols should be illegal? No, I didnt - but commercializing them had repercussions, just like what is happening with these useless bump fire stocks. If you dont see that, I cant help you.

#12 357

• 724 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:24 AM

I corrected your misinformation and said it was 5.45x39 steel core ammo that was banned. You said "which led to the Feds declaring all the cheap 7.62x39 to be armor piercing handgun ammunition - and thus banned it from importation.." Which is not true. I don't have to guess like you I know.
James Madison

Edmund Burke

George Orwell

Benjamin Franklin

#13 HeavyDuty

• 968 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

Looking at it again you are correct, I misremembered the details of the specific chambering. However, the premise holds - the feds declared the ammunition unimportable because pistol format AKs were on the market in the chambering. Irresponsible on part of the pistol manufacturers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users