Right to Carry Town Hall Meeting

Friday, Feb. 24, 2012

7:00-9:00 pm

DoubleTree by Hilton

5000 West 127th Street

Alsip, IL 60803

Alsip town hall flier.pdf

Message from Dr. Paula:

I would like to ask members of Illinois Carry to call or email me if they live in Monique Davis's district, House District 27.

Her current district includes some of the 21st, 19th, and 34th wards as well as parts of Calumet Township, Alsip,

Crestwood and Palos Heights. The link to her district map is http://www.housedem.state.il.us/members/davism/district.htm.

The new district map, street by street, can be found on the IL State Board of Elections website (Type in 27, click on House 27.

We need help displaying fliers and sending out emailings of the upcoming town hall meeting. My number is 708-710-2511 and my email is redcolt55(at)att.net.

Dr. Paula Bratich

What state reps district is Alsip in? Does the state rep support HB148? It would be good to know who it is so those of us who can't attend can send an email. State senator as well.

This is House Dist. 27, Rep. Monique Davis. She is the one who stood on the House floor and trashed the Right to

Carry bill and betrayed her whole district by denying them the right to protect themselves.Corresponding

senator is Emil Jones III. They both have opponents running against them in the primary. Davis' opponent,

Preston Brown, Jr. supports right to carry.

Molly, do you believe that Preston Brown has a fighting chance? If not, I hate to waste my hard-earned bucks but, if Monique Davis--with the advantages that come with being an incumbent--is beatable, would it not be very beneficial for as many of us as possible to contribute to Mr. Brown's campaign? Thanks in advance to any further insights...

His web page: http://www.prestonbrownjr.com/about.html

Molly, I appreciate the info. I do want to point out that I couldn't find anywhere on Mr. Brown's web site his position on right to carry. If that was all I had to go by, I would have no idea that he's a good candidate for 2nd Amendment supporters.

But, thanks to your information, I made a personal decision to make a significant (for me) contribution to his election campaign... Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at the Alsip meeting, please excuse cell phone typing.

Just want to tel you it is full of attendees. People still coming in,too

Audience is a surprisingly balanced mix of young, old, male, female, black, white.

I'd say could be 50/50 of all the above.

Also many families, children included.

State Rep Monique Davis is not here. She did not choose to attend.

Preston Brown, the candidate who wants to

represent Monique's constituents is here.

The audience appears perhaps 2/3 unfamiliar with much of second

amendment laws and info, and overwhelmingly eager and interested in what they're

Learning. I'm judging this by the hand raising or lack when question s are asked.

Just wanted to share, cause it's really exciting to be here with this type of reception and interaction

Colleen

Fantastic meeting!! Nearly a packed room, very intense crowd eager to learn what they can do to help get a law

passed in Illinois.

It was great to see Preston Brown, candidate running against Monique Davis in the primary and Ricardo Fernandez

who is running in the 18th senate district primary with hopes of running against Cunningham who is anti-carry in the fall.

Great news!!

And isn't it telling how the politicians that vote against concealed carry don't/won't show up at these meetings?

Could it be that they can't explain why 48 states are wrong and Illinois is right in denying it's citizens the ability to defend themselves?

Great news!!

And isn't it telling how the politicians that vote against concealed carry don't/won't show up at these meetings?

Could it be that they can't explain why 48 states are wrong and Illinois is right in denying it's citizens the ability to defend themselves?

Just 48?

Great news!!

Just 48?

Uh . . . is it 57?

Sorry. I was just telling someone the other night about Sen. Dave Syverson setting Sen. Silverstein straight about comparing state law.

Sen. Silverstein was trying to get a children's bicycle helmet bill out of committee and he said, "17 states have a bicycle helmet law - why shouldn't Illinois?

Sen. Dave Syverson quickly spoke up and said, "well 48 states have concealed carry! Why then doesn't Illinois??"

Of course, that was before Wisconsin became a free state and made it 49. I guess I had that number stuck in my head. Good catch, Drlok!

It was a pleasure meeting everyone on Friday evening. I am committed to ensuring the safety of the citizens of the 27th District and the citizens of the State of Illinois. We are fighting hard to secure a win on the evening of March 20th. I appreciate the pledged support from all of the individuals to whom I had an opportunity to speak with. If you live in the district please give me a call at 773-850-0043. I would love to place a sign in your yard.

The time is now for change. Rep. Davis was hit in the Sun-Times today with another allegation of impropriety.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/10853659-418/whos-getting-her-legislative-scholarships.html

Archived