1291 replies to this topic

#1261 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 8,217 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:09 AM

Thanks for all that you do Molly.

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#1262 chicago555

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

Has anyone thought about serving the board with papers if you know that you dont fit the criteria for a objection, to kinda force them to issue your permit?

#1263 Glock23

I am no one.

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

Has anyone thought about serving the board with papers if you know that you dont fit the criteria for a objection, to kinda force them to issue your permit?

There is no defined criteria for LEO objections.

** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member

** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender

** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year Member

** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#1264 chicago555

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:26 PM

Im saying as un b.s. arrest where there was no court case or even fine involved

#1265 Glock23

I am no one.

• 3,983 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:07 PM

Cook county has submitted objections for nothing more than a contact card. The fact that you were arrested (regardless of the outcome) pretty much guaranteed an objection to your app.

And the law allows it.

That's Illinois' version of "shall" issue, with a dash of subjectivity thrown in for good measure.

#1266 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,278 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:15 PM

Cook county has submitted objections for nothing more than a contact card. The fact that you were arrested (regardless of the outcome) pretty much guaranteed an objection to your app.

And the law allows it.

That's Illinois' version of "shall" issue, with a dash of subjectivity thrown in for good measure.

Cook County is abusing the intent of the objection process.  It was meant for situations like the Colorado movie theater killer and the Gabby Giffords assailant, people who have a history of being a danger to themselves and/or others.  Sheriff Dart has commented that he will basically object to anyone who turns up in the system with a report, arrest, contact with police, etc.  We are working on a solution.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#1267 Lowkey

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

After more ten 4 months I finally revived my 30
Day letter, actually I received 2, one was
Dated 12/22/16 and the other was dated 12/27/16 ,
Guess they are trying to get caught up on the 30
Day letters LOL

#1268 chicago555

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

Would it be possible to file papers to force them to expedite the information concerning the reason for the objection and a decision on the matter?

#1269 Glock23

I am no one.

• 3,983 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

Would it be possible to file papers to force them to expedite the information concerning the reason for the objection and a decision on the matter?

No. It sucks, but you're near the end of a very long line.

#1270 Maladina

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

I've been under board review since 12/2015. I used to be in a street gang in the '90s. I have never been arrested for anything violent. My last arrest was in 2004 for a DUI. What are my chances of getting the CCW? I live in Chicago and understand that objections are being handed out like government cheese. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

#1271 Glock23

I am no one.

• 3,983 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

I've been under board review since 12/2015. I used to be in a street gang in the '90s. I have never been arrested for anything violent. My last arrest was in 2004 for a DUI. What are my chances of getting the CCW? I live in Chicago and understand that objections are being handed out like government cheese. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Any gang related arrests?

#1272 Molly B.

• 15,278 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:44 PM

Your chances are very good.  The Board is overruling about 85% of the objections.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#1273 Maladina

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

I've had about 5 or 6 disorderly conducts due to hanging out with fellow gang members. Thanks for the replies everyone.

#1274 Maladina

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:36 AM

Actually, in 1997 I was a arrested for a UUW and plead guilty to a felony and placed on probation for 18 months. In 2002 I had an attorney review my plea agreement and he had my felony reduced to a class A misdemeanor. It took me like 6 months to obtain a FOID card because the affidavit was never filed. Luckily, I kept a copy of it and sent it via fax to ISP to appeal their initial decision. I've had another arrest in 1999 for a search warrant, the CPD charged me with 3 UUW's. That case was dismissed with the help of the previously mentioned attorney. Henceforth, I only have that one misdemeanor conviction on my background. So, I understand why my application received an objection. I do not agree with it because all of my arrests are over 10 years old.

#1275 Zoey122

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:00 AM

I've been waiting from the Review Board for 18 months now, do anyone know how much longer? got so many 30 day letters cant even count anymore.

#1276 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Members
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

I've been waiting from the Review Board for 18 months now, do anyone know how much longer? got so many 30 day letters cant even count anymore.

So are you still waiting on the Board or have you appealed?
This is the Appealing the Boards denial thread? But a solid question non the less!

For information on what others have been through and what may or may not be in store for you, these are the threads directly below this on and the basic titles to look for and read. I hope this gives you some insight......

Official post up your 30 days letters....most wins
Under Board Review
Appealing Under Board Review since 2014
FOID and CCL under Review
CCL marked for Board Review
Review Board questions
CCLRB
Under Board Review
Board Review wait time
Under Board Review

Some of the information contained in those might help.
Plus there are answers by MollyB scattered throughout.

Hang in there, Good Luck.

#1277 Molly B.

• 15,278 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:11 AM

Do I have your full legal name and application number?  Please private message me with this info.  thank you!

#1278 Zoey122

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

Thanks..

#1279 Zoey122

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:36 AM

I was just denied by the CCLRB after waiting 23 months. smdh. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm waiting on letter in mail. Someone please help. 

#1280 Molly B.

• 15,278 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:25 AM

I was just denied by the CCLRB after waiting 23 months. smdh. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm waiting on letter in mail. Someone please help.

Private message sent.

#1281 thawk

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:51 PM

After 3 1/2 years.. winning in circuit court pro se then appealed by ag... briefs are done and it goes to the appellate judges monday.. guess ill wait a couple weeks and see if this hard a** work has paid off.... its a long process for all of you that are waiting for answers, they are so backed up. i may be lucky to get the it within 4 years. those just getting denied may be in for a longer haul... best of luck with all your cases..

#1282 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

I went to college with the cop who was in charge of filing objections in...well, it's not Riverside but it's nearby. He straight up told me that he files objections for anyone with any record whatsoever. Even using traffic citations or the mere existence of traffic accidents (with no citations issued). He also told me that Highland Park doesn't have an assault weapons ban because his dad lives there and has a ton of ARs and AKs. Told him his Chief is abusing the process and that his dad is breaking municipal code. "Nuh uh" on both counts...SMH Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#1283 mkhalil61

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

I went to college with the cop who was in charge of filing objections in...well, it's not Riverside but it's nearby. He straight up told me that he files objections for anyone with any record whatsoever. Even using traffic citations or the mere existence of traffic accidents (with no citations issued). He also told me that Highland Park doesn't have an assault weapons ban because his dad lives there and has a ton of ARs and AKs. Told him his Chief is abusing the process and that his dad is breaking municipal code. "Nuh uh" on both counts...SMH Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Very unfortunate. 

#1284 jarrod.mccollum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

another year of waiting for me this is crazy

#1285 mkhalil61

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

another year of waiting for me this is crazy

How long has it been for you? 

#1286 Molly B.

• 15,278 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:48 AM

The petition templates in the opening post have been updated to add current information and language to challenge the constitutionality of the objection and review board process.

#1287 chicago555

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:33 PM

Okay i think they are catching up due to the fact I just got a letter in the mail stating that I had been denied pending final administrative decision from the board. So anyone under 'board' review it's taking about a year from the time you send you app in.

Edited by Molly B., 03 September 2017 - 05:25 PM.
added 'board'

#1288 Molly B.

• 15,278 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:24 PM

Okay i think they are catching up due to the fact I just got a letter in the mail stating that I had been denied pending final administrative decision from the board. So anyone under review it's taking about a year from the time you send you app in.

They also provided the information about who objected, the reason why, and offered you the opportunity to respond to the board about the objection - correct?

#1289 mcrg8630

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:59 AM

I was hoping someone here can help by providing a template on how to do a Movant's Brief to explain why I shouldn't be denied my CCW. Any help would be appreciated and if I posted this in the wrong place, I'm sorry!

#1290 Molly B.

• 15,278 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:04 AM

I was hoping someone here can help by providing a template on how to do a Movant's Brief to explain why I shouldn't be denied my CCW. Any help would be appreciated and if I posted this in the wrong place, I'm sorry!

If you are needing to respond to the Review Board, this link might help you: http://illinoiscarry...ic=66414&page=1

If you have already been denied and want to appeal in circuit court, there may other options you want to explore first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users