Could you imagine? Iowa's constitutional amendment...

NakPPI

"The right of individuals to acquire, keep, possess, transport, carry, transfer, and use arms for defense of life and liberty and for all other legitimate purposes is fundamental and shall not be denied or infringed. Mandatory licensing, registration, or special taxation as a condition of the exercise of this right is prohibited, and any other restriction shall be subject to strict scrutiny.â€

http://www.guns.com/iowa-house-democrats-storm-out-capitol-pro-gun-bills.html

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Everytime I cross the river from my home state of IA to my adopted state of residence (IL) I throw up a little in my mouth. IA isn't perfect by any means, however they work real hard to not be like IL. Even the run-of-the-mill IA democrats are more conservative and freedom focused than IL republicans.

You're entitled to your own opinion - but I'll keep my Illinois state Rep. and state Senator. Not only are they quite conservative . . .but they BOTH came to my benefit and contributed greatly! My state rep. Jim Sacia was the celebrity auctioneer. And state Senator Tim Bivens purchased several big ticket items! Now that's what I call helping your constituents!! I just can't thank them both enough! And they are both SOLID defenders of the 2nd Amendment!

It isn't that IL doesn't have some good politicians, it's just that IL has so many bad politicians that they just overshadow the good ones.

We export some to Washington D.C. too.

This part of the problem, unfortunately! As a life member of the Iowa Firearms Coalition, I support this Constitutional Amendment 100%. I lived in Iowa for 18 years and then moved back across the border to NE Missouri.

I hope that the Illinois people will throw some of the anti freedom politicans out and pass a good carry law. If you are not one of the people who belong to the Illinois State Rifle Association, please consider joining. www.ISRA.org

Archived