Dealer Licensing Rules Are Published in letter to dealers

ddan

Ha Ha

You guys are funny

Have bought at least 23 handguns from MS since December 15

Not once did they ask my occupation

And after getting hired and going thru the process, it wasnt there either!

Some haters just going to hate, buy from them or dont but why piss all over the FFLs that are left?

SMFH

No Im retired now, open heart will force that issue!

Not part of GDL...

..."Federal Firearms Licensees of Illinois

June 28 at 9:16 AM ·

Yesterday the State Police held an invite only meeting for gun dealers in Lake County.

Many of the dealers seemed surprised at one of the slides taking about a registry of sales kept by dealers, and the information required.

This is not new to Gun Dealer Licensing law. This has been in the criminal statute for a long time. We post the relevant statute below:"...

(720 ILCS 5/) Criminal Code of 2012.

(720 ILCS 5/Art. 24 heading)

ARTICLE 24. DEADLY WEAPONS

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?DocName=072000050HArt%2E+24&ActID=1876&ChapterID=53&SeqStart=68600000&SeqEnd=72000000

(720 ILCS 5/24-4) (from Ch. 38, par. 24-4)

Sec. 24-4. Register of sales by dealer.

(a) Any seller of firearms of a size which may be concealed upon the person, other than a manufacturer selling to a bona fide wholesaler or retailer or a wholesaler selling to a bona fide retailer, shall keep a register of all firearms sold or given away.

(b ) Such register shall contain the date of the sale or gift, the name, address, age and occupation of the person to whom the weapon is sold or given, the price of the weapon, the kind, description and number of the weapon, and the purpose for which it is purchased and obtained.

(c ) Such seller on demand of a peace officer shall produce for inspection the register and allow such peace officer to inspect such register and all stock on hand.

(d) Sentence.

Violation of this Section is a Class B misdemeanor.

(Source: P.A. 77-2638.)

I just got back from my local FFL I've been using for years to fill out a permission slip for an incoming transfer.

For the first time ever, I was asked my occupation, reason for purchase, and how much I paid.

He said it's a new state requirement, then added that it's apparently been out there for a while, they just didn't know about it.

I hope there's a lawsuit in the works for this BS...

Looked up the mentioned statute. It seems this was struck in 2011?

(720 ILCS 5/39-2) (from Ch. 38, par. 39-2)
Sec. 39-2. (Repealed).
(Source: P.A. 77-2638. Repealed by P.A. 96-1551, eff. 7-1-11.)

Source:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?DocName=072000050HArt%2E+39&ActID=1876&ChapterID=0&SeqStart=95300000&SeqEnd=95700000

For the first time ever, I was asked my occupation, reason for purchase, and how much I paid.He said it's a new state requirement, then added that it's apparently been out there for a while, they just didn't know about it.
It's unconstitutional as all heck to compel someone to give occupation, income, price, and/or reason for purchase. Imagine the voter registration form requiring the same info. Or a cop requiring you to tell him (or her) that info prior to you being ALLOWED to exercise your 4A (5A, etc etc) rights.

I'd answer "Arrest me" for every single question. Please, arrest me for that. I'd love it. I wouldn't have to work another day in my life.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Archived