Instructors approved!

John Q Public

Yeah, it seems to me that the ISP is simply counting on instructors' affidavits that they are teaching a curriculum that meets their standard. Therefore, approved instructors who have signed the curriculum affidavit are good to go.

I'm hoping they tweak their standards so that they are reasonable. We aren't signing it as it isn't teachable, in our opinion. Several questions remain open...one such being what the heck they mean by "public storage".

you gotta sign it to find out what it is.....

pelosi style.

Curious if Richard Lucas is going to regret using his Loyola University Chicago email address for this. Anybody know him around here?

I was thinking the same thing. I am a Loyola Univeristy Alumnus, and though I was pretty proud to see him on there, Loyola is a liberal breeding ground. I was worried that he might catch some slack for that!

Yeah, it seems to me that the ISP is simply counting on instructors' affidavits that they are teaching a curriculum that meets their standard. Therefore, approved instructors who have signed the curriculum affidavit are good to go.

Gangrel was approved without sending the curriculum affadavit thing, unless we are talking about different affadavits

So do I send the curriculum affidavit or not? I will use NRA BP and CLIC. I have the form filled out and notarized, and I list those courses, but I haven't sent it in yet. I am getting ready to go to the post office soon, so I would like an answer somehow. Federal Farmer, you are using the same thing courses as I am. Did you send the curriculum affidavit in?It is as if the ISP is being deliberately obtuse about it all!

Gangrel was approved without sending the curriculum affadavit thing, unless we are talking about different affadavits

Siflyguy- I sent in everything at once (not seperate mailings) including the Curriculum affidavit stating I would use clic. And I was approved.

So do I send the curriculum affidavit or not? I will use NRA BP and CLIC. I have the form filled out and notarized, and I list those courses, but I haven't sent it in yet. I am getting ready to go to the post office soon, so I would like an answer somehow. Federal Farmer, you are using the same thing courses as I am. Did you send the curriculum affidavit in?

Siflyguy- I sent in everything at once (not seperate mailings) including the Curriculum affidavit stating I would use clic. And I was approved.

So do I send the curriculum affidavit or not? I will use NRA BP and CLIC. I have the form filled out and notarized, and I list those courses, but I haven't sent it in yet. I am getting ready to go to the post office soon, so I would like an answer somehow. Federal Farmer, you are using the same thing courses as I am. Did you send the curriculum affidavit in?

Thank you. And away I go to the post office!

Curious if Richard Lucas is going to regret using his Loyola University Chicago email address for this. Anybody know him around here?

I was thinking the same thing. I am a Loyola Univeristy Alumnus, and though I was pretty proud to see him on there, Loyola is a liberal breeding ground. I was worried that he might catch some slack for that!

I don't know Mr. Lucas. He is an ex Marine and a Ph.d....a HIGHLY educated carry instructor that served in the Marine Corp.......I doubt this gentlement would say he made a mistake on the app, and I'll bet he won't regret it either!

Cheers, Mr. Lucas!

Hmm, the instructor for Kane Co shows their city as "Lake Marion", but their is no city of Lake Marion in IL.

BTW - I wasn't sure if I could put that comment there since I only have 379 posts.

is there a sub division called that maybe?

I don't know Mr. Lucas. He is an ex Marine and a Ph.d....a HIGHLY educated carry instructor that served in the Marine Corp.......I doubt this gentlement would say he made a mistake on the app, and I'll bet he won't regret it either!

Cheers, Mr. Lucas!

if he's tenured he'd pretty much have to dump a load on the Dean desk to get booted and maybe not even then

Just my layman interpretation, but if you are not the author of the curriculum, I do not think that you are responsible for submitting it for approval.

Also, if you submit NRA Basic Pistol as the curriculum for the first 8 hours I think you would be wise to re-read the first 2 lines on the 2nd page of the Request for Approval of a Concealed Carry License Firearms Curriculum:

WARNING: SUBMITTING FALSE INFORMATION ON THIS FORM IS PUNISHABLE AS

PERJURY UNDER 720 ILCS 5/32-2 OF THE CRIMINAL CODE OF 2012.

Confidence is a good thing...?

My name didn't show up yet and I think I now know why.

I sent my app and certs last Wednesday 9/4 via 2 day priority mail - expected delivery date 9/6.

I just checked online and the 2 day priority delivery STILL hasn't been delivered to Springfield on 9/9 ,,,,,5 days later.

I called and wsa told they call it 2 day priority mail but 2 DAY DELIVERY IS NOT GUARANTEED!

Ever wonder why so many people hate the postal service? :headbang1: :headbang1:

I sent my app and certs last Wednesday 9/4 via 2 day priority mail - expected delivery date 9/6.

I just checked online and the 2 day priority delivery STILL hasn't been delivered to Springfield on 9/9 ,,,,,5 days later.

I called and wsa told they call it 2 day priority mail but 2 DAY DELIVERY IS NOT GUARANTEED!

Sucks to be Lou or is it you? Either way it works... Don't feel bad Lou I'm in the same boat with the same service. Why? Because Fed-Ex can't do PO boxes. :no:

I sent mine the same way but a day earlier on the 3rd, arrived and delivered on the 5th.

Boog

Just my layman interpretation, but if you are not the author of the curriculum, I do not think that you are responsible for submitting it for approval.

Also, if you submit NRA Basic Pistol as the curriculum for the first 8 hours I think you would be wise to re-read the first 2 lines on the 2nd page of the Request for Approval of a Concealed Carry License Firearms Curriculum:

I see that. Where does the perjury thing come into play here?

I see that. Where does the perjury thing come into play here?

It is only my opinion, but I would not sign a document attesting that NRA basic pistol conforms to the outline that the ISP has on that document. I do not believe that an NRA basic pistol course follows the outline that the ISP mandated. Filling out that form with the intention of using NRA basic pistol could be viewed as submitting false information.

With all of that said, I do believe there is a plausible work-around in the "Emergency Rules" release that might allow an instructor to SUBSTITUTE the first 8 hrs with NRA basic pistol...

I just got off of the phone with ISP....am on the approved instructor list, and when asked if NRA Basic Pistol and Illinois Carry Curriculum together was sufficient to start teaching classes with ..and specifically asked about the 16 hour class I got an affirmative response. Further, I should have a call back this afternoon with an instructor number. Please don't pelt me with questions about who I spoke to, etc. Once I have everything in hand I will share further....and I would have been more forthcoming but I don't appreciate being reamed for not having joined here five years ago. Each of us does our part...in the mean time....I am going to move forward with a class.

It is only my opinion, but I would not sign a document attesting that NRA basic pistol conforms to the outline that the ISP has on that document. I do not believe that an NRA basic pistol course follows the outline that the ISP mandated. Filling out that form with the intention of using NRA basic pistol could be viewed as submitting false information.

With all of that said, I do believe there is a plausible work-around in the "Emergency Rules" release that might allow an instructor to SUBSTITUTE the first 8 hrs with NRA basic pistol...

I'm curious...what doesn't BP cover that the ISP mandates? I guess maybe public storage, but no one even knows what this means yet but it certainly can be added in. NRA does 3 basic rules, but covers the 4th in the list of extra rules so that is still covered in BP so that material is covered. Certainly everything else in the ISP's requirements are in BP.

When I saw the first 8 hours, I thought it looked so much like BP that the ISP "plagiarized" the class to develop its requirements...

Bobapunk said:

Other than the "4 Safety Rules" (and there are many safety rules - the NRA Big Three plus the NRA list that has "know your target and what is beyond", among others) and the public storage mystery (though BP does talk about storage at ranges - and everywhere else - and keeping guns inaccessible from unauthorized persons), the description pretty much IS Basic Pistol. Please know that I am not being argumentative, Bob; I am just trying to figure it out like the rest of us. :) Why do they have to make it so danged difficult?

I tell you, it almost makes a person not even want to mess with it at all with all this confusion and chaos for a simple application. No wonder IL is in such a mess.

Stay your tongue...the ISP is "ahead of the game."

Sorry. I forgot. ;) I actually have some friends who are state troopers. They are great guys. All of this goofiness doesn't make me think less of them.

I'm curious...what doesn't BP cover that the ISP mandates? I guess maybe public storage, but no one even knows what this means yet but it certainly can be added in. NRA does 3 basic rules, but covers the 4th in the list of extra rules so that is still covered in BP so that material is covered. Certainly everything else in the ISP's requirements are in BP.

When I saw the first 8 hours, I thought it looked so much like BP that the ISP "plagiarized" the class to develop its requirements...

Then it isn't just me, then. And you are a lawyer. :)

Then it isn't just me, then. And you are a lawyer. :)

But it certainly wouldn't be the first time I have been wrong today if I am wrong!

I just got off of the phone with ISP....am on the approved instructor list, and when asked if NRA Basic Pistol and Illinois Carry Curriculum together was sufficient to start teaching classes with ..and specifically asked about the 16 hour class I got an affirmative response. Further, I should have a call back this afternoon with an instructor number. Please don't pelt me with questions about who I spoke to, etc. Once I have everything in hand I will share further....and I would have been more forthcoming but I don't appreciate being reamed for not having joined here five years ago. Each of us does our part...in the mean time....I am going to move forward with a class.

Good for you and congratulations

Boog

+1

Just from my own perspective and not pretending any special expertise: I think BP would be sufficient to cover the "first eight" but not "the second eight."

Correct. I think some folks (and rightfully so) are hesitant to say that BP is "official" yet for the first 8 hours, even though our side has been assured that it will be. They want to see it in black and white from the ISP. I don't blame them, and so do I! I plan to use it and the CLIC for the required training.

Archived