How long to wait before considering a renewal license lost in the mail?

jim123

My mail carrier is a real work of art. I get wrong mail from all over the neighborhood quite often and he doesn't take it back(leave it part way sticking out from under the lid of the mailbox) unless you are there to hand it back to him. My neighbors are equally worthless except for my parents right next door. So, how long do I wait and who do I call to ask them to see if and when it was sent out? I went approved on 3/1 and active on 3/15.

I went active 2/22 and card in hand 2/27. 5 days for me. I seem to sense they print / mail cards at the end of the month. Which would be consistent with what happened to me. (I could be all wrong.)

ETA: I'll add I thought I was supposed to get a replacement FOID card since the number changed to match my CCL. I am still waiting for the FOID.

I went active 2/22 and card in hand 2/27. 5 days for me. I seem to sense they print / mail cards at the end of the month. Which would be consistent with what happened to me. (I could be all wrong.)

ETA: I'll add I thought I was supposed to get a replacement FOID card since the number changed to match my CCL. I am still waiting for the FOID.

I noticed the foid number and ccl number is now the same for me. Great. Another thing I need to be on the lookout for.

My mail carrier is a real work of art. I get wrong mail from all over the neighborhood quite often and he doesn't take it back(leave it part way sticking out from under the lid of the mailbox) unless you are there to hand it back to him. My neighbors are equally worthless except for my parents right next door. So, how long do I wait and who do I call to ask them to see if and when it was sent out? I went approved on 3/1 and active on 3/15.

Why don't you sign up for Informed Delivery?

It sounds like you live in the same town as I do. It happens every week here. The USPS is at an all time low. Also if it rains, snows or is a little warm or cold outside there is no delivery! I do have informed delivery. It's great. Amazing how much mail does not make it to my house!

It sounds like you live in the same town as I do. It happens every week here. The USPS is at an all time low. Also if it rains, snows or is a little warm or cold outside there is no delivery! I do have informed delivery. It's great. Amazing how much mail does not make it to my house!

So you get informed about a delivery and then it doesn't show up?

Archived