Texas to Recognize IL Concealed Carry Licenses!

Molly B.

I am very disappointed. Valinda should have been included in the Governor's proclamation. Good news anyway. :)

Way to go Molly B. :clap:

This is very good news, especially for anyone who has/gets only IL. (although I've been covered for some time in TX under my PA LTCF)

I hope one day all this mumbo jumo will not be needed though, once we get national reciprocity!

Then I'll finally be able to see the few "sights" I've wanted to see in Commiefornia (IE Alcatraz)...!

Now we need to recognize theirs (and all the other states that does ours too!)

+1 and Yaaaay!, Other than extreme Congrats to Molly ----- how can we leverage this to either encourage or embarrass Illinois into reciprocating? Congrats, Texas! Shame, Illinois. Why are we in Illinois so............. far........... into ----- The Twilight Zone---- (and you know the music....hear it, hear it, yeah!)

+1 and Yaaaay!, Other than extreme Congrats to Molly ----- how can we leverage this to either encourage or embarrass Illinois into reciprocating? Congrats, Texas! Shame, Illinois. Why are we in Illinois so............. far........... into ----- The Twilight Zone---- (and you know the music....hear it, hear it, yeah!)

Start a push for reciprocity language to be added to the FCCA. However, we have a hurdle to jump with getting non-resident CCLs issued first.

Now all we have to do is get IL to recognize TX permits. :(

There is no provision in the current FCCA to allow for reciprocity agreements.

There's no language forbidding them either. Maybe.
A trailer bill could add it, but then you see how any bill we put forward dies in committee.

Start a push for reciprocity language to be added to the FCCA. However, we have a hurdle to jump with getting non-resident CCLs issued first.

IMO, the best chance we have for reciprocity is to have court-ordered non-discriminatory issue to non-residents. I suspect they would rather do reciprocity than deal with that many applications from various states. It's really not that big of a leap from the non-resident car carry they already offer to full carry for non-residents temporarily in the state.

Archived