15 minute concealed carry application - Georgia

GarandCollector

As I had posted previouly, I moved to Georgia about 6 weeks ago. Today I applied for my Georgia Weapons Carry License. It was a very smooth, quick and hassle-free experience. I printed out the online form ahead of time and filled it out. The form is similar to a 4473. That took about 10 minutes. Then I went to the probable court in my county. There was no line. I turned my form in, swore it was correct and paid $69.75. They took my photo and finger prints. I was done in 20 minutes. They were incredibly nice.

I think they have 30 days to issue but I was told I should have the license in two weeks.

That's awesome. Not only that, Georgia is amazing. I remember when our kids were young, we took about 3 dozen road trips down to WDW. The people in Georgia, where ever we stopped were always welcoming and pleasant. Enjoy. Glad you able to escape Illinoiz.

• 2 weeks later...

You are asked to respect the no guns sign but no power of law. I have yet to see a place posted.

Basically, you can not carry in a church, school or a government building with security (like a court house). Everywhere else is pretty much ok. Open Carry is allowed.

I went to a gun show today (the Carry License serves as your background check as well). Lots of people carrying uncased long guns across the parking lot going to and from cars. Surprise, there were no people panicking at that sight.

No training required for the Carry license and it is recognized in something like 30 states.

Archived