Emanuel to push for state-wide handgun registry

soundguy

Acevedo would be a safe bet. He'll sponsor whatever they put in front of him; it was proven years ago that he hadn't read the AWB he "wrote" that year, and I've never seen any evidence that he's read any of his sponsored anti-gun bills since. His campaign slogan could be "Acevedo for Representative: Hey, don't ask me, I just work here."

Correct me if I'm wrong but motor vehicles are not subject to universal registration under Illinois law.

A vehicle used to service one's property need not be registered as long as it is not operated in the public ways. A farmer, for example, might have an old pick up he uses on his land and , if not used off his land, it is not subject to registration.

That same farmer might do a little racing on weekends. His stock car may be transported, in a fully operational condition, from a storage building on his property to the track. Again, with no registration needed so long as it is only transported.

Finally, he might collect cars, keeping them in a shed out back. No registration required for vehicles in storage.

It is currently the same with firearms.

Like the farmer's unregistered pick up, I may utilize a firearm on my own property but may not do so in the public way.

Like the farmer's unregistered race car, I may transport my unregistered firearm from my property to other private property so long as I only transport.

Like the farmer's classics, I may keep my unregistered collection in storage.

Where Mayer Emanuel and Illinois gun owners differ is we have proposed that certain gun owners might voluntarily register themselves, rather than their firearm, so that like some vehicles our object can be used in the public ways. Where we also differ is that we have proposed to pay more than the Mayor suggested for said registration.

By using a flawed analogy the Mayor is making a point he never intended.

Edited for clarity.

Correct me if I'm wrong but motor vehicles are not subject to universal registration under Illinois law.

A vehicle used to service one's property need not be registered as long as it is not operated in the public ways. A farmer, for example, might have an old pick up he uses on his land and , if not used off his land, it is not subject to registration.

That same farmer might do a little racing on weekends. His stock car may be transported, in a fully operational condition, from a storage building on his property to the track. Again, with no registration needed so long as it is only transported.

Finally, he might collect cars, keeping them in a shed out back. No registration required for vehicles in storage.

Like the farmer's unregistered pick up, I may utilize a firearm on my own property but may not do so in the public way.

Like the farmer's unregistered race car, I may transport my unregistered firearm from my property to other private property so long as I only transport.

Where Mayer Emanuel and Illinois gun owners differ is we have proposed that certain gun owners might voluntarily register themselves, rather than their firearm, so that like some vehicles our object can be used in the public ways. Where we also differ is that we have proposed to pay more than the Mayor suggested for said registration.

Edited for clarity.

There is still registration in the form of a title.

These Chicago guys are really a pain in the a** excuse me folks but we leap one hurdle and here comes another one worse than the previous one. Register our guns then if they ever ban them they know exactly what you have when they come get them.

You might want to use pita to express that sentiment. It will save you some typing and I'm sure nobody will confuse the meaning with Greek cuisine, especially if used to describe Illinois/Chicago government or politicians. :)

Edited for clarity.

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!!! OWNERSHIP OF A VEHICLE IS NOT COVERED BY THE CONSTITUTION!!!! (Screaming was intended!!)

As has been said, discussing the nuances and what's kinda right and similarity to non-unalienable (inalienable to us downstaters, it means the same thing!) rights is fruitless and gets us no where. Call your Representative and Senator, proclaim your indignation towards this suggestion by Rham and demand that they join the downstate coalition of legislators to stop Chicago from trying to force their agendas on the entire state!!!

No passage of ANY Chicago bill until the state of Illinois has RTC, Statewide pre-emption of all gun laws, and the FOID is gone. NOTHING PASSES UNTIL WE HAVE THOSE THREE THINGS!! If the Dems outside of Chicago/Cook join with their colleagues across the aisle, bills can be stopped.

Better yet, walk out of the Budget hearings and refuse to vote on any budget until we have those three things.

Call your people now!! And everyday until we have what we want. Melt the phones!!

Tim

Edited for clarity.

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!!! OWNERSHIP OF A VEHICLE IS NOT COVERED BY THE CONSTITUTION!!!! (Screaming was intended!!)

As has been said, discussing the nuances and what's kinda right and similarity to non-unalienable (inalienable to us downstaters, it means the same thing!) rights is fruitless and gets us no where. Call your Representative and Senator, proclaim your indignation towards this suggestion by Rham and demand that they join the downstate coalition of legislators to stop Chicago from trying to force their agendas on the entire state!!!

No passage of ANY Chicago bill until the state of Illinois has RTC, Statewide pre-emption of all gun laws, and the FOID is gone. NOTHING PASSES UNTIL WE HAVE THOSE THREE THINGS!! If the Dems outside of Chicago/Cook join with their colleagues across the aisle, bills can be stopped.

Better yet, walk out of the Budget hearings and refuse to vote on any budget until we have those three things.

Call your people now!! And everyday until we have what we want. Melt the phones!!

Tim

i agree i have already told my Rep not to vote on nothing tell we get RTC and he has agreed to do just that. they don't get nothing tell we get RTC!!!!!!!!all per- home rule, no FOID. i told my Rep last week about this

Mayor Emmanuel has already admitted publically (via NPR) that he doubts if his idea has any chance of passing through the ILGA. Many Democrats have already warned the chicago Democrats to not even to think about going there.

I doubt seriously that it will even be introduced as a bill to either House or the Senate.

But, having stated all that, I do think the Chicago machine may try to slip something else pass while everyone is looking at this abortion.

They really must be scared about the chances of HB 148 because they are drumming up a lot of anti-gun media attention.

Again, HB 148 will be passed this year and signed into law (or probably ignored by the Governor until it becomes law by default)

All this noise ,whimpering and whining by the Chicago machine and its' media allies is just that, noise. But may actually be noise while they desperately move covertly in another direction.

Meanwhile, the innocent victims of Chicago crime continue to die.

Oh my, you've been using a lot of exclamation marks lately.

You're right about that, of course, so I won't mention to lockman that I see a difference between proof of ownership (like a tiile for a car or sales receipt for a firearm) and registration/taxation of a fundamental right. whistle.png

The 2 favorite left-wing tricks: Nanny-state government by registering & controlling everything and additional tax revenue with those terrible fees. So you have to pay good money to the state for the “privilege” of exercising your rights by owning a firearm. They might as well tax the 1st amendment. For every word out of your mouth in public, you have to pay the state $.05. I think we should start with Chicago Politicians.

The 2 favorite left-wing tricks: Nanny-state government by registering & controlling everything and additional tax revenue with those terrible fees. So you have to pay good money to the state for the “privilege” of exercising your rights by owning a firearm. They might as well tax the 1st amendment. For every word out of your mouth in public, you have to pay the state $.05. I think we should start with Chicago Politicians.

President Obama has already done that by approving the ACTA treaty by executive order rather than having the Senate confirm it according to the Constitution.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Speaking of Pfleger...

Well the CBS version of the story said that it's his idea, but it is part of the std gun control talking points.

I was just posting for the photo op, I provided the link in case anyone wanted to see where it came from. It really gets me that he has access like that, how much of the population does he really represent? Who is he other than another citizen?

Oh my, you've been using a lot of exclamation marks lately.

You're right about that, of course, so I won't mention to lockman that I see a difference between proof of ownership (like a tiile for a car or sales receipt for a firearm) and registration/taxation of a fundamental right. whistle.png

Yes, sorry, I apologize for screaming. But Geez guys, does it really matter how the law works? Or whether it's similar to auto registration? No, it's further infringement of our rights. It's still Chicago trying to rule the entire state to serve their agenda. Call your reps and senators. Don't ask, demand that they do the right thing and tell Chicago that the party's over. No more support for ANY Chicago programs until RTC is the law in IL.

See there Mauser. No exclamation marks, only two question marks and three capital letters. See how calm I am?

I sure would like to know what Rahm Emanuel thinks of his father. Now a pediatrician, his father was once a member of the Irgun, an Israeli paramilitary organization that have been widely labeled terrorists.

Their symbol is a hand holding a rifle. This group fought both the Palestinians and the British, most famously bombing the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, (that the British were using for government purposes) where many British officials and some civilians were killed. At the time of the attack, the Irgun was condemned, not only by the British, but by many Jewish groups. Soon after World War II, Winston Churchill (a Zionist supporter) said "we should never have stopped immigration before the war", but that the Irgun were "the vilest gangsters" and that he would "never forgive the Irgun terrorists.”

I guess it’s ok to have weapons if it’s YOUR side.

Here's a good story on it from WSIL here in Southern Ill.

http://www.wsiltv.com/

Click on the handgun to watch the video .

That is a great video. It is one to show your non-handgun owning friends who are only concerned that they'll be able to keep their rifle or shotgun for deer or duck hunting. The one Southern Illinois legislator said if this passed it would be a slippery slope. Listen to Emanuel comparing registering handguns to registering a car. Then he slips up and mentions registering a rifle is like registering a motorcycle. Tell your "hunting only" firearm owning friends they should oppose this and support license to carry. Then we can keep anything like this or a registration of their favorite hunting gun from happening.

It's time to just pack up and leave this state.

Except for the politics, I kinda' like it here after 62 years. How about we make the OTHER guys leave?

This isn't about guns anymore. It's about values and a way of life that just aren't meant to be here. Every time you turn around this state and Chicago are doing things to make residents, fear, hate and distrust this place. Whether it be Rham or Madigan, the BS never stops. From Out of control parking fees, to gun BS, to astronomical taxes, to businesses fleeing or state like the plague, to red light and speeding cameras, to our Governors corruption, Illinois can be directly compared to Nazi Germany and I'm not laughing or exaggerating whatsoever. We have completely ineffective leaders who are trying to impose their will on us every chance they get. There isn't a single law passed that attacks or effects criminals. They prey on law abiding citizens and I'm sick of it. I'm a young man who hopes to start a family some day and this simply isn't the place to do it.

I've had all about I can take of this City and state.

BTW I called the ISRA and they said the phones are practically melting now they are receiving so many calls.

It's time to just pack up and leave this state.

Except for the politics, I kinda' like it here after 62 years. How about we make the OTHER guys leave?

This isn't about guns anymore. It's about values and a way of life that just aren't meant to be here. Every time you turn around this state and Chicago are doing things to make residents, fear, hate and distrust this place. Whether it be Rham or Madigan, the BS never stops. From Out of control parking fees, to gun BS, to astronomical taxes, to businesses fleeing or state like the plague, to red light and speeding cameras, to our Governors corruption, Illinois can be directly compared to Nazi Germany and I'm not laughing or exaggerating whatsoever. We have completely ineffective leaders who are trying to impose their will on us every chance they get. There isn't a single law passed that attacks or effects criminals. They prey on law abiding citizens and I'm sick of it. I'm a young man who hopes to start a family some day and this simply isn't the place to do it.

I've had all about I can take of this City and state.

BTW I called the ISRA and they said the phones are practically melting now they are receiving so many calls.

Yep, and where are those leaders from, for the most part? Get rid of the Machine, IL turns into MO or IN or IA or KY without the horses.

Don't call the ISRA unless it's to join or upgrade your membership. Call your State Senator, State Representative, Rham's office, Madigan's office, Quinn's office and Cullerton's office. Then, do it again!!

Dang I'm proud of myself. All that and I only used one (!)

Archived