Brady to concede Ill. governor race

gravyboy77

http://www.dailyhera...news/101109760/

Brady to concede Ill. governor race

Associated Press Nov 5, 2010 9:48 AM

Two Republicans with knowledge of state Sen. Bill Brady's campaign plans say he will concede the extremely close race for Illinois governor to Democratic incumbent Pat Quinn.

The two spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity so as not to pre-empt Brady's planned announcement later Friday in his hometown of Bloomington.

Election results have made it clear Quinn has won his bid for a first full term after replacing ousted Gov. Rod Blagojevich nearly two years ago. But Brady's campaign had been searching for possible uncounted votes that would allow him to close a narrow gap in votes.

An AP analysis of the uncounted votes showed Brady, a state senator from Bloomington, wont be able to overcome the 19,400 vote lead Quinn held with 100 percent of the state's precincts reporting.

http://www.bradyfori...or-your-support

My Personal Thanks for Your Support

Friday, Nov 05, 2010

Dear Friend,

I'm sending this personal note to say thank you for your loyal support for our campaign. After a careful, exhaustive review of Tuesday's electoral results, and for the good of our state, earlier today I called Governor Pat Quinn to offer my concession, and to congratulate him for his victory in one of the closest elections in Illinois' history.

As you know, I am passionate about the principles we fought for throughout our campaign. After 3.6 million votes were cast, our campaign fell short by a razor-thin margin of one half of one percent.

These results show our principles were heard by millions of supporters hungry for change. While this election has ended, I will never stop fighting for you, and for every family in Illinois.

In closing, I'm sharing with each of you the remarks I delivered at a news conference earlier today announcing my decision.

My family, my running mate Jason Plummer, and I embarked on this long journey together because we believed then – as we do today – that Illinois is the greatest state in our nation.

Along the way, we met millions of families who – like many of you – are concerned that their children won't have the same opportunities to pursue their own dreams at home in Illinois.

Our message was simple: we cannot tax, borrow and spend our way to prosperity.

We ran on a promise to make government live within its means - like our families and small businesses do every day.

We said raising taxes hurts the very people who need the most help.

And, we said job creation must be our Number One priority.

Those principles were true then, and they are true today.

But, we also said that campaigns are not about politicians.

Campaigns are about people. And the people have spoken.

After days of careful, exhaustive review, it appears our campaign has fallen short by less than one percent out of 3.6 million total votes cast by the people of Illinois.

Today, I concede this race, and congratulate Pat Quinn for a hard fought campaign.

To my family, especially my wife Nancy, thank you for your unwavering love and support.

You are everything to me.

To my loyal and hard working staff, know that Jason and I are profoundly grateful for your sacrifice, and your countless hours of hard work over the course of this campaign.

You never let me down.

I promise that, in time, the pain over this tough loss will subside, and will give way to a commitment to once again serving the people of Illinois.

To our supporters, and to the millions of people who cast their votes for us, I thank you for your trust and your faith.

You sent a strong message across the bow: its time to stop putting the special interests before the people's interests.

To my colleagues in the state legislature, I look forward to continue serving with you as we make the hard choices necessary to solve our fiscal crisis, and to deliver vital services without raising taxes on struggling families and businesses.

The election has ended, but my commitment to bringing people together, and to solving our fiscal crisis will continue without fail.

We cannot afford a return to politics as usual.

I will never stop fighting for what I believe is the only true path for a stronger future – a government that lives within its means, and that puts people before politics.

I hope the Governor will work with me, and with others, to solve this fiscal crisis, and to address the challenges standing in the way of opportunity and prosperity for all the people of our great state.

Again, I am so grateful for your support. You can be proud of all you helped to achieve, for not standing on the sidelines, and for hearing the call of service to our great state of Illinois!

Sincerely,

Bill Brady

In looking at the results, it appears Quinn is Gov of Crook county and Brady should be Gov of all the rest. Just a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be great to have Crook county secede and form its own state? Call it Daleystan or Madiganstan.

My wife and I discussed nudging our daughter to move from Kane Co. to Indiana. We never give our adult children advice unless asked, but with the all but guaranteed income tax increase coming and God knows what else, I'm going to ask her to consider it.

She lives in an affluent suburb and has commented that most of her affluent women friends are liberals. She is not the "extremist" that I am, but definitely is to the right.

@hotpig27 AWB?

I'm feeling twice as let down as many. I live in St. Clair County, IL. Some people say that their vote doesn't matter, I have proof that mine doesn't.

I'm not a quitter, but if my wife would agree to it, I'd be freedom bound and out of this state in a heartbeat. I've lived in NJ, CA and IL, I believe it's time to have more than a taste of freedom that I get by visiting family in other states. I know it sounds like I'm crying in my beer, but when the vast majority of the state is RED on an election results map and one county gets to pick the Governor.....

In looking at the results, it appears Quinn is Gov of Crook county and Brady should be Gov of all the rest. Just a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be great to have Crook county secede and form its own state? Call it Daleystan or Madiganstan.

My wife and I discussed nudging our daughter to move from Kane Co. to Indiana. We never give our adult children advice unless asked, but with the all but guaranteed income tax increase coming and God knows what else, I'm going to ask her to consider it.

She lives in an affluent suburb and has commented that most of her affluent women friends are liberals. She is not the "extremist" that I am, but definitely is to the right.

Got it backwards, the rest of the state secedes FROM Crook county and Chicago.... After this election, the chances of that are small, but are the best yet.

I doubt that ANY other state has it as bad with cross purposes, disenfranchisement and geographic differentiation.

Maybe we can persuade counties to start seceding to / being annexed by Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Iowa and Wisconsin.

I know this guarantees no CC, I wonder if Quinn will have the power to pass the AWB that he promised as part of his campaign.

He most definetly will. He will think that his win means that the majority of the people want his policy. He will do every sneaky thing to get that passed and if not now, you will see another referendum on the next ballot to ban them.

We will be on the defense for the next 4 years with that one.

AWB= Assault weapons ban.

I know this guarantees no CC, I wonder if Quinn will have the power to pass the AWB that he promised as part of his campaign.

He most definetly will. He will think that his win means that the majority of the people want his policy. He will do every sneaky thing to get that passed and if not now, you will see another referendum on the next ballot to ban them.

We will be on the defense for the next 4 years with that one.

AWB= Assault weapons ban.

Yep, Obama thought the same thing and look at what happened after two years.pinch.png

LETS START AN INPEACH QUINN MOVEMENT NOW ,LETS HAVE EVERYONE OUTSIDE OF COOK COUNTY CALL HIS OFFICE AND TELL HIM WE DONT THINK HE WAS ELECTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THIS STATE,PUT HISNUMBER ON SPEEDDIAL AND LET HIM KNOW YOU ARE NOT FROM COOK COUNTY AND EXPECT HIM TO ACT LIKE THERE IS A REST OF THE STATE ,AND DO THIS EVERY DAY

He will think that his win means that the majority of the people want his policy

Well acording to the vote count they do. Am I wrong?

They want his union-kowtowing and his social liberalism, but that doesn't necessarily mean they want his gun policies...especially if we broaden our tent by embracing and encouraging folks from his power base into our movement.

They want his union-kowtowing and his social liberalism, but that doesn't necessarily mean they want his gun policies...especially if we broaden our tent by embracing and encouraging folks from his power base into our movement.

This is precisely the foundation for my current efforts to begin activism and education for the people of Chicagoland. I strongly believe (and all my experience suggests) that the majority of people want to be able to defend themselves. Their democratic votes aren't intended as votes against firearms, but rather votes for social programs, education spending, etc.

My goal is not to convince people to vote Republican - but rather get enough popular support for 2nd amendment protection that their own elected Democratic legislators will be more inclined to listen and respect the wishes of the people on firearms issues.

I've lived in NJ, CA and IL,......

GOOD LORD, man!!! Do you go out LOOKING for liberal states to live in??

California is a nice place to visit....but I wouldn't wanna live there.

I lived my first 15 years in CA (born in Sacto). I agree with your assessment. I only go there to visit family. However, CA suffers like our state. Look at the party vote map and it is blue along the coast and red across most of the state. CA is really 4 states glued together.

Archived