Senator response to S. 2095 AWB

Ultralisk

Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for contacting me to share your concerns on S. 2095, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2017. I appreciate you taking the time to share your views with me on this important matter.

The Assault Weapons Ban of 2017, introduced by Senator Dianne Feinstein of California on November 8, 2017, would ban the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons. This bill, which is awaiting action by the Senate Judiciary Committee, would exempt more than 2,200 firearms for hunting, household defense and recreational purposes. As an original cosponsor, I understand that this bill would not stop every mass shooting; however, it can protect the lives of our families and friends from senseless gun violence.

As your Senator, I am working to reduce violence in our communities. This includes supporting policies that protect Second Amendment rights, while lowering the probability that a firearm will fall into the hands of a dangerous individual. For example, I support requiring rigorous background checks for every firearm purchase and improving the accuracy of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. It is time for Congress to take action and pass commonsense solutions that help prevent mass shootings.

Although we may disagree on this issue, I truly value hearing from all my constituents about their concerns and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. If you would like more information on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov. You can access my voting record and see what I am doing to address todays most important issues. I hope that you will continue to share your views and opinions with me and let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Tammy Duckworth

United States Senator

Aka copy and paste **** you, as expected.

My response from Sen. Duckworthless:

Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on gun ownership. I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your concerns on this important matter.
My military background gives me a unique perspective on the capabilities and functions of firearms. I fully respect the gun ownership rights the Second Amendment guarantees and will continue to protect them. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 30,000 Americans lose their lives annually from incidents involving firearms. Too many of our friends and family members fall victim to gun violence and it is time for commonsense legislation that prevents gun deaths, while protecting Second Amendment rights.
Part of honoring those rights requires our nation to establish reasonable rules that enable responsible owners to purchase firearms legally, while keeping firearms away from dangerous individuals. We must keep firearms out of the hands of those who have a prior criminal record or mental health issue, by completing rigorous background checks for every gun purchase, enhancing licensing and registration requirements and improving the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.
In the House of Representatives, I was proud to help introduce the Gun Trafficking Prevention Act, which would make gun trafficking a Federal crime and strengthen penalties against straw purchases, which is when individuals purchase firearms with the intent of transferring them to individuals who are not able to legally obtain firearms. Rest assured that I will continue to work in the United States Senate to make sure that we are doing everything in our power to ensure our communities and neighborhoods are safe from gun violence.
Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue. If you would like more information on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov. You can access my voting record and see what I am doing to address today’s most important issues. I hope that you will continue to share your views and opinions with me and let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Tammy Duckworth
United States Senator

Tammy says:

"My military background gives me a unique perspective on the capabilities and functions of firearms."

I say:

"My military background gives me a unique perspective on the capabilities and functions of firearms. Note that our senator never saw any trigger time or range time except to pass the weeder exams. She wants our guns as she wants her votes and all the power tripping and free money that comes with it. Screw the voters"

I get the same "canned" response's from Tammy. To her credit, at least she responds. Dickie "I know what's best for everyone" Durbin has never responded to a single email I've sent him.

He's an arrogant know it all with no idea of what people in Illinois want or need. #TERMLIMITS

My response from Sen. Duckworthless:

Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on gun ownership. I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your concerns on this important matter.

My military background gives me a unique perspective on the capabilities and functions of firearms. I fully respect the gun ownership rights the Second Amendment guarantees and will continue to protect them. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 30,000 Americans lose their lives annually from incidents involving firearms. Too many of our friends and family members fall victim to gun violence and it is time for commonsense legislation that prevents gun deaths, while protecting Second Amendment rights.

Part of honoring those rights requires our nation to establish reasonable rules that enable responsible owners to purchase firearms legally, while keeping firearms away from dangerous individuals. We must keep firearms out of the hands of those who have a prior criminal record or mental health issue, by completing rigorous background checks for every gun purchase, enhancing licensing and registration requirements and improving the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

In the House of Representatives, I was proud to help introduce the Gun Trafficking Prevention Act, which would make gun trafficking a Federal crime and strengthen penalties against straw purchases, which is when individuals purchase firearms with the intent of transferring them to individuals who are not able to legally obtain firearms. Rest assured that I will continue to work in the United States Senate to make sure that we are doing everything in our power to ensure our communities and neighborhoods are safe from gun violence.

Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue. If you would like more information on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov. You can access my voting record and see what I am doing to address today’s most important issues. I hope that you will continue to share your views and opinions with me and let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Tammy Duckworth

United States Senator

Wow, they just sent me this copy and paste too. I guess whatever poor soul is handling the emails accidentally double emailed me. They literally sent me the OP at 10:52 then at 11:08 sent me the same message as this one.

I got the same response. I decided to send a response to her which is included below. Still waiting for a reply. I also sent something similar to my local senator.

Dear Senator Tammy Duckworth:

Thank you for your response regarding my concern for the proposed Assault Weapon Ban of 2017 and 2018. You stated that, "It is time for Congress to take action and pass commonsense solutions that help prevent mass shootings." Apparently this only means infringing on the 2nd amendment rights of lawful gun owners. Instead of focusing on ways to infringe on the 2nd amendment rights of lawful gun owners, I would recommend instead stopping policies and programs that sabotage and/or circumvent the existing laws and safeguards already in place. The tragedy in Florida and other places are a direct result of a program that sabotage's background checks. I am specifically referring to the "PROMISE Program" that apparently was started for the benefit of Chicago and is spreading to other cities looking for the money associated with the program. This program clearly sabotages the current background check system by requiring local officials to look the other way and ignore criminal activity for the "promise" of money.

You say, "I support requiring rigorous background checks for every firearm purchase and improving the accuracy of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System." If that is true then you must first and foremost eliminate policies and programs that render the National Instant Criminal Background Check System useless. This was clearly what happened in the Florida tragedy. A "commonsense solution" would be to eliminate programs and policies that serve to circumvent accurate and timely reporting to the background check system as was the case in the Florida tragedy. I hope you can see that the government's "promised" reward of money to local officials is what allowed the Florida tragedy to occur. It had nothing to do with law abiding Americans owning AR15s.

I would hope that you can see the damage the "PROMISE Program" and probably other programs has already done to American society. Any program that offers money for law enforcement and school boards to condone and/or ignore criminal behavior for money is wrong. It only serves a political agenda and does nothing for helping America's youth.

Additional information on the PROMISE Program (Preventing Recidivism through Opportunities, Mentoring, Interventions, Support & Education) at the link below.

How the Florida shooter was able to pass a background check and buy a gun.

Sincerely,

I got the same response. I decided to send a response to her which is included below. Still waiting for a reply. I also sent something similar to my local senator.

Thank you for your response regarding my concern for the proposed Assault Weapon Ban of 2017 and 2018. You stated that, "
It is time for Congress to take action and pass commonsense solutions that help prevent mass shootings.
" Apparently this only means infringing on the 2nd amendment rights of
lawful
gun owners. Instead of focusing on ways to infringe on the 2nd amendment rights of lawful gun owners, I would recommend instead stopping policies and programs that sabotage and/or circumvent the existing laws and safeguards already in place. The tragedy in Florida and other places are a direct result of a program that sabotage's background checks. I am specifically referring to the "PROMISE Program" that apparently was started for the benefit of Chicago and is spreading to other cities looking for the money associated with the program. This program clearly sabotages the current background check system by requiring local officials to look the other way and ignore criminal activity for the "promise" of money.

You say, "
I support requiring rigorous background checks for every firearm purchase and
improving the accuracy
of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System."
If that is true then you must first and foremost eliminate policies and programs that render the National Instant Criminal Background Check System useless. This was clearly what happened in the Florida tragedy. A "commonsense solution" would be to eliminate programs and policies that serve to circumvent accurate and timely reporting to the background check system as was the case in the Florida tragedy. I hope you can see that the government's "promised" reward of money to local officials is what allowed the Florida tragedy to occur. It had nothing to do with law abiding Americans owning AR15s.

I would hope that you can see the damage the "PROMISE Program" and probably other programs has already done to American society. Any program that offers money for law enforcement and school boards to condone and/or ignore criminal behavior for money is wrong. It only serves a political agenda and does nothing for helping America's youth.

Additional information on the PROMISE Program
(Preventing Recidivism through Opportunities, Mentoring, Interventions, Support & Education)
at the link below.

Sincerely,

YES, THIS! Why isn't this getting Media play?

Thank you for your response regarding my concern for the proposed Assault Weapon Ban of 2017 and 2018. You stated that, "
It is time for Congress to take action and pass commonsense solutions that help prevent mass shootings.
lawful
gun owners. Instead of focusing on ways to infringe on the 2nd amendment rights of lawful gun owners, I would recommend instead stopping policies and programs that sabotage and/or circumvent the existing laws and safeguards already in place. The tragedy in Florida and other places are a direct result of a program that sabotage's background checks. I am specifically referring to the "PROMISE Program" that apparently was started for the benefit of Chicago and is spreading to other cities looking for the money associated with the program. This program clearly sabotages the current background check system by requiring local officials to look the other way and ignore criminal activity for the "promise" of money.

You say, "
improving the accuracy
If that is true then you must first and foremost eliminate policies and programs that render the National Instant Criminal Background Check System useless. This was clearly what happened in the Florida tragedy. A "commonsense solution" would be to eliminate programs and policies that serve to circumvent accurate and timely reporting to the background check system as was the case in the Florida tragedy. I hope you can see that the government's "promised" reward of money to local officials is what allowed the Florida tragedy to occur. It had nothing to do with law abiding Americans owning AR15s.

(Preventing Recidivism through Opportunities, Mentoring, Interventions, Support & Education)
at the link below.

Sincerely,

YES, THIS! Why isn't this getting Media play?

It does not enforce the lies the anti's are spewing. It is counter to their B.S.

It does not enforce the lies the anti's are spewing. It is counter to their B.S.

Ye, I knew the answer, my question was frustration induced rhetorical, It is not only counter, but actually puts direct blame on their own policies. Much, like the 'Russian scandel', or every single bad/mean/stupid/dangerous thing, my bipolar ex-wife ever did, it was misdirection of blame to obfuscate the real reason.

LoL, you guys crack me up sending emails to these people and expecting any real dialogue.. It is kinda funny someone from her office actually bothers respond with that cookie cutter response though. They probably get a good laugh about how much it pisses people off.

I emailed a similar response to above about that idiotic program as the real cause. I know our Senators and my Rep, will ignore it.

But, I also tweeted it to the Donalds, his son, and quite a few vocal Pro 2A Twitter persons (Celebs and others), with HUGE followings, the link to that article about the Promise Program directly allowing the Fl shooter to buy firearms when he shouldn't, and how it needs to see more light of day nationwide. MAYBE they will agree and make it so.

lawful

You say, "
improving the accuracy

at the link below.

Sincerely,

Now you guys need to write a letter to the editor stating the same thing. Get the word ( facts ) out where it will be read.

lawful

You say, "
improving the accuracy

at the link below.

Sincerely,

Now you guys need to write a letter to the editor stating the same thing. Get the word ( facts ) out where it will be read.

See above, I tried via Twitter, tweeting it to folks with millions of followers (Including Tucker Carlson) in hopes that they will use their platforms.

LoL, you guys crack me up sending emails to these people and expecting any real dialogue.. It is kinda funny someone from her office actually bothers respond with that cookie cutter response though. They probably get a good laugh about how much it pisses people off.

The way i see it, if enough Pro2A people write and call their elected reps, they'll know we're out here and we vote. Remaining silent is the fastest way to lose our rights.

What a maroon. There is NO SUCH THING as "gun violence" and there never has been. There never will be, either.

People do the crimes, guns are inanimate objects. You could put a belted .50 BMG on the floor, and if nobody pulled the trigger it would never go off.

We know this, and most of us know they know it too. They just choose to ignore it.

These days, "gun violence" is uttered so much on TV it has become "a thing". Everybody on TV says it.

It's still wrong.

I disagree with anyone that thinks sending an email to their Senators knowing that they will give you a canned response is a waste of time. I spoke to a Madigan rep during the passage of concealed carry. one of his key points was that very few called him in favor of it. he was able to tell the number of people that called in opposition. at a very minimum Duckworth won't be able to say that no one has contacted her against an assault weapon ban.

Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for contacting me to share your concerns on S. 2095, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2017. I appreciate you taking the time to share your views with me on this important matter.

The Assault Weapons Ban of 2017, introduced by Senator Dianne Feinstein of California on November 8, 2017, would ban the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons. This bill, which is awaiting action by the Senate Judiciary Committee, would exempt more than 2,200 firearms for hunting, household defense and recreational purposes. As an original cosponsor, I understand that this bill would not stop every mass shooting; however, it can protect the lives of our families and friends from senseless gun violence.

As your Senator, I am working to reduce violence in our communities. This includes supporting policies that protect Second Amendment rights, while lowering the probability that a firearm will fall into the hands of a dangerous individual. For example, I support requiring rigorous background checks for every firearm purchase and improving the accuracy of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. It is time for Congress to take action and pass commonsense solutions that help prevent mass shootings.

Although we may disagree on this issue, I truly value hearing from all my constituents about their concerns and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. If you would like more information on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov. You can access my voting record and see what I am doing to address todays most important issues. I hope that you will continue to share your views and opinions with me and let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Tammy Duckworth

United States Senator

Aka copy and paste **** you, as expected.

"This includes supporting policies that support Second Amendment rights" Can anyone name anything she ever did to support Second Amendment rights ?

Archived