Emergency Call to Action 5/26/2019 - Witness Slips & Phone Calls Needed

mauserme

This Cannot Stand!

In her continuing effort to end our Second Amendment rights in Illinois, Representative Willis last week filed two new amendments to her "Fix the FOID" bill, SB1966 HFA1. The new amendments, designed to remove the opposition of certain Chicago legislators, in no way makes this legislation acceptable to any in the pro-rights community. These amendments are window dressing. They are a charade.

Tonight

Join us tonight filing opposition witness slips against SB1966 HFA2 and HFA3. It is critical that slips be filed now. The hearing is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 9 AM.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow morning, begin calling your State Representative expressing your opposition to any further infringements on our rights, whether via SB1996 in it's many forms, or others. Explain that the process used to push this though is a slap in the face of open government, and a slap in the face of all Illinois residents. Calls should be made to the Springfield offices.

Find your state representative at this link!

Remember to log in to your account first, if you have one!

File Witness Slips Now!

Detailed Witness Slip Instructions

In order to avoid completing each field manually, at the top right Log on to your ILGA Dashboard or Create a New Account if you haven't already created one, then return to this email and click on the links for each witness slip.

Done.

I “dislike” these politicians...

How long will it take till we hear a story of officers going to someone’s home to collect a FOID, due to a non response, and take someone’s guns, and then end up scaring the ___ out of some family because the previous owner or renter moved out of state?

How would they know if you had any?

Done.

I “dislike” these politicians...

How long will it take till we hear a story of officers going to someone’s home to collect a FOID, due to a non response, and take someone’s guns, and then end up scaring the ___ out of some family because the previous owner or renter moved out of state?

How would they know if you had any?

New Orleans during Katrina in 2005.

LE went to addresses that had once registered guns in order to confiscate them.

Done, plus sent ISRA's email out on email list to all my Pro 2A friends. Thanks, Mauserme. BTW and FWIW, I talked to my Rep who will be a NO vote. My Senator won't comment until the bill reaches the senate. Fair enough.

Archived