Emergency Call to Action! 5-22-2019 - Contact Your State Rep!

Molly B.

Call your State Representative! OPPOSE SB1966 HCA1

Representative Willis' SB1966 HCA1, aka “Fix the FOID” passed out of committee yesterday and could be voted on at any time. Even Chicago legislators from the Black Caucus objected to the high cost of the proposed increase in the FOID fee. They know many of their constituents cannot pay the nearly $200 fees and will become criminals when their FOID card expires. They know our poorest citizens who live in the most dangerous neighborhoods will have to make a choice between their family's safety or breaking the law.

Mandatory fingerprints to own or possess a firearm, charging an outrageous fee, requiring firearm owners to make private firearm transfers at a FFL dealer, telling a private business what they can charge for a service is an outrage! Unconstitutional! Places a monetary burden on a Constitutional right!

Call your State Representative!

Urge them to vote NO

on SB1966 HCA1!

Find your state representative at this link!

WGN Channel 9 News talked about the bill this morning and how great it is that it will "Fix the Foid" and prevent bad guys from getting guns. What a crock!!!! B.S.!!!

It's just like the ISRA warned too. They featured on the Bloomberg moms like they were something special, but no mention of the vastly larger number of opponents.

Done, ph msg and emails. Detailed everything wrong and Unconstitutional about the bill, how it won't fix anything that went wrong in AUrora, just make it harder, less accesible for people to excercise their 2A rights, which is it's real goal, asked them to actually support their oath of office, mentioned the 3839 bill which actually tries to address real problems. THen mentioned how FFLs will refuse to to person to person transfers at $10, thus Unconstitutionally, in reality end used sales between persons, while criminals and criminall straw purchasers will continue to ignore the law. AND, that if people couldn't buy used, they will buy more new, thus INCREASING the number of guns in Illinois. THen I ended with the fact that there are injunctions and court challenges already to go, and that it will be another great tool in the fight to tear down the FOOID system Judicially, so perhaps they SHOULD vote for it, to make that job even easier..,

Dealing with Toadie Yingling here (and Melinda Bush), so appealing to how it will actually work against their Dem party line, may be only way to get through to them.

telling a private business what they can charge for a service is an outrage! Unconstitutional! Places a monetary burden on a Constitutional right!

But that's the whole point. On top of the dealer licensing burden enacted earlier this year, they are now capping revenue. The INTENT is to drive all non-big box store FFL's out of business. In case you haven't noticed, the grabbers have quite a bit of sway with the woke corporates.

The fact of the matter is that 2A practitioners are the only constituency that gives a darn about our rights. The grabbers don't care about efficacy, color of law or oaths, they will do/say anything that furthers the cause of Progressive Equality which in this case means making extinct icky, insolent, non-progressive gun owners. Mrs. Jones MDA just wants to "feel" safe, Mr. Jones just wants to be left alone.

I see these appeals to fairness out of the NRA-ILA all the time and think, "what a waste of mental clock cycles".

Should you still contact your rep if they're in Chicago/basically a machine politician?

You bet. Let them know you care. There might be more people that do care than they think.

I made a couple of points in an email that I sent my Rep yesterday. When I called this morning, I just asked for her opposition.

Both reps are a hard NO! Tried to call Rep's office in Springfield and I got no answer so I called the local office and the wonderful lady called him and called me back and confirmed he would vote NO. HH6 and I don't always agree on gun's but she told me she doesn't want to have to pay extra to own her "little one".

Opponents 3429

Proponents 3730

No position 26

REALLY??!

What do we have to do short of banging on their house doors or picketing their offices?

The MDA IL Facebook page is asking members to keep filing witness slips even if they have already done one. go to their page and scroll down to see what it says. I'm sure many of their out of state fellow racists against minority gun owners are filing too.

My Rep. Mike Murphy, 99th District, informed me today that he will be a NO vote on the bill. I suspect Willis will make some meaningless change to bring along some downstate Democrats, but the bill is so bad, it can't be fixed. Much like the FOID card itself. I did not renew my FFL when the dealer licensing bill was passed, and I am sure the $10 max fee will kill off many more. I am just guessing, but I would bet that if this passes, the number of FFLs in Illinois will drop by 70% from the 2017 number over the next renewal cycle. I am sure Todd has a better feel for this issue than I, but it seems home based FFLs are being killed off by Willis and the Bloomberg Nannies, exactly as planned.

Archived