Attorneys - Firearm Defense

Molly B.

I want to add the name of one of my students,

Beau Winston

312-206-0055

beauwinston@gmail.com

Have an address?

I don't, but I just I invited Beau to join the forum. Hopefully he'll come add his address himself.

Anyone know of a firearm defense friendly lawyer in central illinois? Been Talking with a few, they are firearm friendly but lack indepth knowledge to answer all my questions.

I just got hooked up with Mike Mcmahon (posted on first page of this discussion by Molly B). He is out of the Hinsdale area. Seems like a good guy. He gave me his personal cell number and instructed me to call if needed 24hrs/day. Sounds like he is very pro 2A and is in the process of getting his CCL permit as well.

Added

Federman and Associates

7101 N. Cicero Ave

Ste 200

Lincolnwood Il 60712

847 679 8300

Email squire25@aol.com

Both Cook and Lake County

I have spoken to Irv Federman myself and am going to see him probably end of next week. My conversation with him a couple of days ago was positive. He is a very experienced criminal attorney that is in practice with his daughter. He has some FOID and CCL denial work on his plate and is starting to work through the mechanics. I am meeting with him for the purpose of getting to know him a bit better and share experiences. At present, have other counsel engages, though the process I am dealing with is likely to be more drawn out and tortured. He certainly does seem to be a person I could work with. Given my professional involvement in tax practice over the last 30+ years I work with counsel on client matters daily so I have pretty deep experience in the process.

• 2 weeks later...

My firm filed suit in federal court today alleging the the Concealed Carry system violates the civil rights of Illinois handgun owners. Secret objections. Secret objectors. Secret evidence. Secret deliberations exempt from the Open Meetings Act. A vague and ambiguous standard. A sealed record immune to FOIA. A judicial review that is limited to the "record below", that is, to proceedings in which the applicant had no input, and in which the judge's only power is to review what he can order disclosed for abuse of discretion, and in which the judge has no power to permit the disappointed applicant to give his or her side of the story. The Board itself, by the Act describing its composition, is tilted to prosecutors and law enforcement agents. We are taking this one on, bow to stern, both on Due Process and Prior Restraint grounds.

I posted more about today's lawsuit at post #67 in the thread, "Appealing CCL Denial by Board of Review", http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47833&page=3

J. D. Obenberger, Attorney at Law

115 South LaSalle Street, Suite 2600

Chicago, IL 60603

Edited by xxxlaw

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just hired these guys; edwilliamslaw.com (in crook county)

An online buddy recommended them andthey have 12 CCL cases. Sounds like they only do adminstrative law. Do FOID, etc.

So far so good!

(edit - when I say we 'just' hired them, I mean in 2014. Had used someone else in years passed.)

Edited by Frankie

• 4 weeks later...

Just an fyi on Jennifer Stallings, I emailed her out of curiousity and she handles denials of foid / CCP licenses. She does not handle firearm defense cases.

Jennifer L. Stallings, Esq.

2000 McDonald Road, Suite 200

South Elgin, IL 60177

Phone: (847) 695-2400

Fax: (847) 695-2401

E-Mail: jstallings@attorneys-illinois.com

Any in the 618 area code or near there at all?

David Lawler is willing to take self defense cases supports concealed carry. He works in the Adam B. Lawler firm in Marion Illinois, his uncle's firm I believe. He did give me cards to hand out to anyone who wants someone to contact in case of emergency. He said he checks for messages even on weekends. The firms phone number is 618-993-2222 and his email is dlawler@adamblawler.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.isra.org/..._referral.shtml

Molly - this link from your initial post isn't working anymore. It gives a "404 - not found" error. It appears they have moved/deleted the page.

They revamped the website not long ago. I suspect the info is still there, just need to find the new page URL. To see some things now, you need to be a member and logged in.

Edited by InterestedBystander

• 2 weeks later...

Any in the 618 area code or near there at all?

David Lawler is willing to take self defense cases supports concealed carry. He works in the Adam B. Lawler firm in Marion Illinois, his uncle's firm I believe. He did give me cards to hand out to anyone who wants someone to contact in case of emergency. He said he checks for messages even on weekends. The firms phone number is 618-993-2222 and his email is dlawler@adamblawler.com

Junglebob, much appreciation for posting David Lawler's contact info. Based upon your recommendation, I just had a pleasant chat with him. He's very knowledgeable on 2nd Amendment issues in Illinois and, for us in the southern part of the state, is an excellent option as an emergency contact in the event that any of us are, God forbid, involved in a self-defense shooting.

After our discussion, I think he plans to join IllinoisCarry and is willing to provide other info, such as responses to hypothetical situations, for the forum.

Thanks again - FarmHand357

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I spent a few minutes playing around with ideas for putting some of this information into a spreadsheet. Here's a highly work-in-progress mockup with a few partial entries. I'd be interested in some feedback on whether this is worth continuing and, if so, any suggestions for improvements.

post-10926-0-40308600-1420603680_thumb.jpg