Illinois General Assembly 5/31/2019

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#61 Mick G

Former Member

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:43 AM

Seanator just said "House doesn't always get these bills right".  Understatement of the year.

I think they "partake".

#62 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,606 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:43 AM

Are witness slips still open for 1966 in the Senate?

Should be.
Can someone post a link to where we can file a witness slip?
I can find the slips others have filed but it wont let me add my own.
Thanks

No witness slips are available currently as the bill is not scheduled for a committee hearing.

Prior meeting slip links were in the call to action, alert, and GA posts.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 31 May 2019 - 11:45 AM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#63 harley1955

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:51 AM

Just got an alert from ISRA...

"The bill will remain held in this committee, and the spring legislative session will end at Midnight without passage of this bill in the Illinois Senate"

#64 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:54 AM

good news --

witness slips in action

#65 Mick G

Former Member

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

"The bill will remain held in this committee, and the spring legislative session will end at Midnight without passage of this bill in the Illinois Senate"

Without going into detail, I wonder why not?

#66 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:02 PM

Are witness slips still open for 1966 in the Senate?

Should be.
Can someone post a link to where we can file a witness slip?
I can find the slips others have filed but it wont let me add my own.
Thanks

When the question was asked last night it was still possible to file slips, but only until midnight.

#67 DomG

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

I read it as they don't have the votes to pass.
"Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges." - Tacitus
The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." -Tacitus

IL CCL
AZ CWP
VFW Life Member
USAF Retired
NRA Life Member
ISRA
GOA

#68 milq

• Members
  • 3,015 posts

Wonder if they're counting on pulling a fast one when the next session rolls around? 

Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#69 cybermgk

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

got a meeting, off the Senate for now

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#70 cls74

• 3,248 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:04 PM

ISRA email that just went out

Screenshot_20190531-130237_Email.jpg

#71 Johnnybgood

• Members
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:05 PM

From what I saw there was an onslaught of calls against this bill. Many Senators were not answering there phones.

#72 cybermgk

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:06 PM

Without going into detail, I wonder why not?

Theory.  Senate Dems KNOW this is an unconstitutional bill now.  They know it will be challenged/injuncted in court.  They also don't want to go on record as voting no, for their bases.  In Fall it will need a super majority, which is likely it doesn't happen, thus more face saving OR they simply want to see how current FOID lawsuits pan out. 

Edited by cybermgk, 31 May 2019 - 12:12 PM.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#73 Mick G

Former Member

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:09 PM

I don't do theories on an open forum.

26 guests.

#74 Matt B

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:11 PM

I think the bill would have generated a lot of backlash... maybe the Senate Dems realized that. There are a ton of FOID holders who are not politically active and probably didn’t even realize this was in the table. Every year during renewals they would have angry constituents discovering that now they have to submit prints to keep their card. It’s something that would still upset people who maybe aren’t always as solid pro 2a as those in this site. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#75 Illini2A312

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:13 PM

I think the bill would have generated a lot of backlash... maybe the Senate Dems realized that. There are a ton of FOID holders who are not politically active and probably didn’t even realize this was in the table. Every year during renewals they would have angry constituents discovering that now they have to submit prints to keep their card. It’s something that would still upset people who maybe aren’t always as solid pro 2a as those in this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention, how would've FTIP checks been affected for people who hadn't uploaded prints yet?

#76 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 5,121 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:14 PM

My theory is that the bill doesn't go far enough to infringe on our rights so they will hold out until a more onerous bill can be sent to the House.

Stupid speelchick.

Edited by Mr. Fife, 31 May 2019 - 12:16 PM.

Have all boated who fish?

#77 tricolor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

I know some here don't think that witness slips are worthwhile or that phone calls don't make a difference, but I'd like to think that those efforts led to this result.  I want to take the opportunity to thank Mauser, Molly and all of the members here for your efforts, I hate to think where Illinois would be without all of you.  Thanks for doing what you do!

#78 harley1955

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:23 PM

I know some here don't think that witness slips are worthwhile or that phone calls don't make a difference, but I'd like to think that those efforts led to this result.  I want to take the opportunity to thank Mauser, Molly and all of the members here for your efforts, I hate to think where Illinois would be without all of you.  Thanks for doing what you do!

I'll 2nd that!!!!

#79 yurimodin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:26 PM

I'll 2nd that!!!!

3rd!.....I barely have the time, sanity, and patience it would require to be as active as you guys.

#80 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:29 PM

From what I saw there was an onslaught of calls against this bill. Many Senators were not answering there phones.

do they ever answer?

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#81 InterestedBystander

• 6,606 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

do they ever answer?
Senator yes. Rep is 50-50.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#82 steveTA84

• 4,748 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:41 PM

I'll 2nd that!!!!
3rd!.....I barely have the time, sanity, and patience it would require to be as active as you guys.

4th. They sure as heck don’t hurt!

#83 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:49 PM

Did ya catch the lady Rep who pointed out that the MJ bill will allow convicted users to get a FOID?

#84 steveTA84

• 4,748 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:50 PM

^^
What?!?!?!?

#85 InterestedBystander

• 6,606 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:51 PM

Did ya catch the lady Rep who pointed out that the MJ bill will allow convicted users to get a FOID?

They are currently able to get a FOID/CCL. They just cant buy any firearms under the new bill. Another case of legislators not knowing what they say...or intentionally mistating fact.

edit...i was speaking to MJ card holders. Not sure about convictions but if they are doing expungements then I would assume so.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 31 May 2019 - 12:53 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#86 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

• Members
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:52 PM

I'm not able to listen today. But I am perfectly OK with that. If you believe in gun rights, you cant believe in gun rights for only some.

I also believe the government has no place telling us what we can or can not put in our own bodies.

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor

#87 InterestedBystander

• 6,606 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:01 PM

Senate concurs on SB1139. Amendment makes renewal expiration of CCL 5 yrs from date on card, not when ISP processes. Off to governor for signature.

Hope I get my card before this kicks in or I will now lose time for waiting to renew LOL. edit: I wont lose time on my 5 years but wont get the extra anticipated by renewing later.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 31 May 2019 - 01:23 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#88 cybermgk

• Members
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:04 PM

Senate concurs on SB1139. Amendment makes renewal expiration of CCL 5 yrs from date on card, not when ISP processes. Off to governor for signature.

Hope I get my card before this kicks in or I will now lose time for waiting to renew LOL

Explain?

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#89 stm

• Members
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:05 PM

Hope I get my card before this kicks in or I will now lose time for waiting to renew LOL

I wish they'd make that retroactive! I lost several months when I renewed in October.

yea everyone makes fun of the redneck till the zombies show up. . .

#90 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

• Members
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:07 PM

Explain?
apply early for your renewal and you might lose a month or two of your 5 year license. If the governor signs sb1139, this becomes a non issue.

-Thomas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users