MDA, GPAC, etc - Fix the FOID Advocacy Day Wed 5/22

InterestedBystander

Moms, GPAC, etc

Tomorrow is the Fix the FOID Advocacy Day in Springfield. We will be descending on Illinois capitol to make our voices heard and urge legislators to strengthen gun laws.

Building on the momentum from this mornings 12 to 7 committee vote on SB 1966, the Fix the FOID act, it is important for us to have a large presence in Springfield to further highlight the importance of this legislation and educate legislators about the significance of Fix the FOID on helping make Illinois safer for every person, family and community.

If you are interested in attending Advocacy Day, we encourage you to fill out this form: https://forms.gle/fazQB61VKjVHe5AGA. In addition, we ask that everyone in attendance wear red to show a united front for the cause.

Advocacy Day Schedule:

8:30 a.m. Check-in at Moms Tables in the Capitol Lobby

9:00 11:00 a.m. Legislative Meetings

11:00 11:45 a.m. Rally at the Lincoln Statue in front of the Capitol

11:45 a.m. Meet Legislators at the rail

1:00 p.m. Wrap Up

If you cannot make it to Springfield, weve got all the tools you need to make a major impact from wherever you are. We encourage you to contact your state legislators, change your social media photos and share social media content about SB 1966. View our social media toolkit here.

I look forward to a successful Fix the FOID Advocacy Day!

Kathleen Sances

President and CEO, G-PAC

gpacillinois.com

Sent via ActionNetwork.org.

Moms, GPAC, etc

Tomorrow is the Fix the FOID Advocacy Day in Springfield. We will be descending on Illinois capitol to make our voices heard and urge legislators to strengthen gun laws.

What an unexpected coincidence /sarcasm

One question that keeps nagging me about the hearing today is, where was Superintendent Johnson? I'm sure it wasn't too hard to locate a low level, anti-gun police sergeant to testify in favor of the amendment, but does his support really have any meaning?

Archived