RTC at it pertains to your own property

tricky1

I'm new to figuring out all these laws. Everyone mentions outside of Chicago, but what would be legal in Chicago?

I'm pretty sure you can still arm yourself with a spork! I don't think that is a banned weapon yet!

Are you talking about a metal or plastic spork?

Ahh,,,, the evil plastic spork that is undetectable by metal detectors at security screenings.

I guess my biggest question about the concealing of a firearm on or around one's property is, where exactly does that end? At the sidewalk, or the street? We have our yard, then a sidewalk, followed by a strip of grass next to the street. I've heard many times that the sidewalk is the city's property and responsibility(unless it needs replaced, or the snow removed. :headbang1: ) So to me I would think that's where it ends.

As to exactly where your property ends your city/town hall or county offices should be able to provide a copy of your properties plat.

By Mexican carry I mean not a holster, usually in my back pocket with the trigger guard totally covered. I havny found a holster yet comfy enough to wear while doing tree removal, brush clearing etc. beeen trying to find a good shoulder or "leg" holster for a while now.

Patriots & Tyrants,

If you are looking for a shoulder holster I would recommend looking into the Galco Classic Lite. If they do not have that one for your CZ you could also look at the Galco Miami Classic or Miami Classic II. I am not sure if those will fit your firearm or not but I will tell you I use a Galco Classic Lite whenever I travel or I am in Iowa and it has turned out to be an excellent holster even on hot and humid days. I almost always wear a button down shirt with a vented back on it which completely hides your straps and is quite comfortable as well.

Josin

I mowed the lawn quite a few times with an Oc'd PX4 last year. The new neighbor even took a pix or two from their 2nd floor window. I waited for the Hanover police to come out for a MWAG visit but it never happened. If i'm out after dark on my property or working in my garage at night, I always have a loaded weapon on me.

Way to go. The owner of a pawn shop here in town, the last FFL in a storefront within city limits, was stalked by a group of people to his home and they came upon him in his garage and beat the living daylights out of him and his wife. He had something like seventeen staples put in his scalp. He and his business partner wear Glock's on their hips now.

I am the partner. While I always carry a 45acp in the store it isn't always a Glock. That said the problem is that being law abiding citizens we are forced to unload and case any firearms when we leave the property. Some of the local law enforcement "suggested" that we might want to carry everywhere. I personally do not see that as an option since there is too much to lose if stopped by the wrong person. But when the option is legal I will carry.

Next time you are in the store please introduce yourself. Look forward to talking.

I've been in a couple of times and spoken with you on the topic of right to carry, most recently asking about setting up a table in your parking lot to collect signatures to pressure N.J. Had a hard time finding anyone who actually wanted to help me hit the bricks and I don't think I can do it by myself, so the idea kind of went on the back burner. Nice to see you on here!

I mowed the lawn quite a few times with an Oc'd PX4 last year. The new neighbor even took a pix or two from their 2nd floor window. I waited for the Hanover police to come out for a MWAG visit but it never happened. If i'm out after dark on my property or working in my garage at night, I always have a loaded weapon on me.

I've started doing this more and more. I keep my old glock 26 in my right rear pocket when working in the garage or back yard. In this house it sits on desk as I work (work from home) or is on a shelf between the kitchen and living room if I am sitting around in front the idiot box. I have had a couple of the neighbors ask about it, and even had the cops show up one day. They were really good about it to when I explained where my boundaries were, when I carried and why. They didnt "secure it" or even ask to see it.

As I said to the officer "The idea is simple... When do I need a gun? How the heck should I know!, so I carry it legally when I can"

Maybe its answering the door, maybe I am in the garage with my hands full when someone decides that the challenger parked there or my tools should be theirs...

But the reason I also use this old glock is 2 fold.

1: its small and reliable, easy to carry the way I want and goes bang when i pull the trigger.

2: its probably my cheapest handgun (I bought it used) and if some Illinois cop decides he is going to take it as evidence of some crime I will not cry when they never return it...

Everyone here should be aware of number 2. Even if what you are doing is legal, this is not Texas. Here if they take your gun for any reason you should just assume you are never going to see it again. Even if charges are never filed you could spend a few thousand in legal fees trying to get a 500 buck gun back. They know this, and use it to their advantage.

I believe this was brought up some time in the past, but I still don't understand.

If you live in a condo or townhome association aren't you technically part owner and have an ownership percentage/interest in the "common areas" (hallways, lobby, outdoor property, streets, parking lots, etc. (all owned and maintained by the association) of the property??? Assuming that this is correct, that as a unit owner you have an ownership interest in the common areas ...... WHY can you NOT carry (open or concealed) on the property you have an ownership interest in??????????

I guess my biggest question about the concealing of a firearm on or around one's property is, where exactly does that end? At the sidewalk, or the street? We have our yard, then a sidewalk, followed by a strip of grass next to the street. I've heard many times that the sidewalk is the city's property and responsibility(unless it needs replaced, or the snow removed. :ermm: ) So to me I would think that's where it ends.

Per my understanding, you should be perfectly legal up until you hit your property line (which is usually a few inches to the house-side of the sidewalk.) But step onto your sidewalk, and you are committing a felony. Be careful. (IANAL; this is just my opinion.)

As I said to the officer "The idea is simple... When do I need a gun? How the heck should I know!, so I carry it legally when I can"

Excellent. The way I put it to people, "Do you wear your seat belt when you drive? Do you pick and choose when you wear it based on when you think you're most likely to get in an accident? Are you planning to get in an accident? Isn't it a little paranoid to wear it all the time? Etc..."

Excellent. The way I put it to people, "Do you wear your seat belt when you drive? Do you pick and choose when you wear it based on when you think you're most likely to get in an accident? Are you planning to get in an accident? Isn't it a little paranoid to wear it all the time? Etc..."

Seat Belts, Fire Extenguisher, Homeowners Insurance, Car Insurance, Etc. These are all things that you hope to never need or have to utilize. But we all have them just in case. A concealed weapon is no different. It's great to have, but I hope I never need to utilize it.

Archived