Biden pushes gun control after attempted assassination on deputies

InterestedBystander

full article at link...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-pushes-gun-control-less-than-24-hours-after-attempted-assassination-on-deputies

...Biden pushes gun control less than 24 hours after attempted assassination on deputies

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden on Sunday called for gun control less than 24 hours after two Los Angeles County sheriffs deputies who were critically wounded in Compton after a gunman opened fire on their squad car in an apparent ambush.

Weapons of war have no place in our communities, the former Vice President tweeted. We need to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines....

full article at link...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-pushes-gun-control-less-than-24-hours-after-attempted-assassination-on-deputies

...Biden pushes gun control less than 24 hours after attempted assassination on deputies

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden on Sunday called for gun control less than 24 hours after two Los Angeles County sheriffs deputies who were critically wounded in Compton after a gunman opened fire on their squad car in an apparent ambush.

Weapons of war have no place in our communities, the former Vice President tweeted. We need to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines....

He used a handgun- not a cruise missile. What weapon of war is he talking about? Biden is pandering but not being coherent.

And the high capacity mags! What is a high capacity mag anyway?

Anything over a single round if they get their way

Before John Brownings incorporation of the double stack magazine in the High Power, which held 13 rounds in the magazine, hand guns typically carried 5 to 8 rounds. The High Power was a game changer due to its higher capacity. That was nearly 100 years ago. And it was designed as a military and police weapon.

While I absolutely do not agree with banning standard issue magazines due to higher round capacity than standard hand guns from 100 years ago, and my High Powers generally see use with the improved 15 round magazines, that’s where “High Capacity Magazine” came from. They were born with the designation.

The term High Capacity Magazine has become a political term which meaning changes depending on the political winds. It could be ten rounds here, fifteen there or seven over there, depending on what a politician feels for the day.

The term is similar to "assault weapon".

As other states have proven if they ban 15 round magazines the next step will be 10 rounds and then 7.

Their strategy is death by 1000 cuts. The more we give in the more they will demand.

He used a handgun- not a cruise missile. What weapon of war is he talking about? Biden is pandering but not being coherent.

THREAD WINNER!!

Please collect your prize in the lobby.

Your VERY OWN missile launcher!!

NOTE: We take no responsibility when feds visit you to ensure the projectiles have a velocity of less than 7FPS.

http://www.hobbylinc.com/gr/mtc/mtc82003.jpg

The term High Capacity Magazine has become a political term which meaning changes depending on the political winds. It could be ten rounds here, fifteen there or seven over there, depending on what a politician feels for the day.

The term is similar to "assault weapon".

I agree... “sturmgewehr”/assault weapon is another name born of its inception for use in war.

It seems to be a washing of history to think the gun banners invented these terms rather than co-opting them for their own purpose. I think our job is to change their minds and have them, and us, focus on the causes of violence rather than our tools.

I agree... “sturmgewehr”/assault weapon is another name born of its inception for use in war.

It seems to be a washing of history to think the gun banners invented these terms rather than co-opting them for their own purpose. I think our job is to change their minds and have them, and us, focus on the causes of violence rather than our tools.

I think, though, that "sturmgewehr" translates to "assault rifle", that term having a very specific military meaning at the time.

The term "assault weapon" is a political construct meant to play on the German word in order to associate images of war with typically non-military firearms. It has meaning only in the moment, changing as the politics of gun control change.

Oh, and have an AR/AK pistol or any pistol that weighs more than 3.125 pounds? Felony under the current proposed AWB

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/66/text

post-16014-0-80946600-1600107151_thumb.jpeg

For the love of god, if the dems get full control, theyll ram this through. Hold your nose and vote R if you must and if you care about gun rights and dont want to be worrying about drawn out legal battles and possibly becoming a felon

For the love of god, if the dems get full control, theyll ram this through. Hold your nose and vote R if you must and if you care about gun rights and dont want to be worrying about drawn out legal battles and possibly becoming a felon

It's true, however, that at the Federal or Illinois State level, both parties have looked for bi-partisan support in order to avoid any single party taking the exclusive blame for gun control. Unfortunately, it isn't terribly hard to find a few Republicans who will go along with almost anything proposed (even if they don't sign on as a sponsor).

I think, though, that "sturmgewehr" translates to "assault rifle", that term having a very specific military meaning at the time.

The term "assault weapon" is a political construct meant to play on the German word in order to associate images of war with typically non-military firearms. It has meaning only in the moment, changing as the politics of gun control change.

A good reminder to stop using the term "weapon" to refer to your guns... I have handguns, rifles and shotguns. There is not a single "weapon" in my home.

It's true, however, that at the Federal or Illinois State level, both parties have looked for bi-partisan support in order to avoid any single party taking the exclusive blame for gun control. Unfortunately, it isn't terribly hard to find a few Republicans who will go along with almost anything proposed (even if they don't sign on as a sponsor).
Oh yeah no doubt, however one party makes it a part of their platform

A good reminder to stop using the term "weapon" to refer to your guns... I have handguns, rifles and shotguns. There is not a single "weapon" in my home.

Thank you Sound Guy!

"Assault rifles" are military primary infantry long arms with a cartridge between a pistol and high-powered rifle in power and capable of full auto (later 3 round burst) fire.

AR-15's are neither designed for military use nor capable of anything other than semiautomatic fire. The only other "assault weapons" were 75mm infantry support self-propelled artillery pieces which have largely been obsolete since the German surrender in 1945.

Dems just make it up as they go along, clueless but with a determined and nefarious agenda.

It doesnt matter what you call them or what they call them. Terminology is not the issue. They want ALL guns and will start with semi-auto rifles and pistols that take detachable mags

It doesnt matter what you call them or what they call them. Terminology is not the issue and plays into the antis. They want ALL guns and will start with semi-auto rifles and pistols that take detachable mags. Just like how an AR is classified as a sporting rifle by us, its stupid. Its a semi auto magazine fed rifle and f their lables and opinions of them.

Archived