Get a Connecticut permit

mack69

Okay folks....

here's a little update.

The link I posted above isn't going to help you much.

I just got off the phone with a very pleasant and very helpful "connecticutian" named Jeff who explained that non-residents must call-in for the application to be sent in a packet form. The number to call is:

860-685-8494

The packet will include all the neccesary forms as well as fingerprint cards and such. Mine went out today so I should recieve shortly.

Jeff's first question was wether or not I have been issued an Illinois conceal carry permit :frantics:

I had to chuckle but explained to him that there are only two states left that "don't get it" and asked if my Florida, Penn, Utah or New Hampshire would suffice. Jeff laughed and said "yes" and made a humorous comment that he would help me improve my "collection"

I'll tell you, it helps straighten you out a bit when you get a chance to engage in conversation with law enforcement officials or government clerks in the subject of conceal carry. I am reminded of how absurdly over-cautious I am when having a conversation about RTC and seems like folks like this Connecticut Jeff and others I've come across are so plainly matter-of-fact about it.

Rose may call you with a request to send her more supporting documentation regarding any training courses you took which fulfill their requirements. The certificate I recieved when I took jack manfre's midwest florida class was not sufficient. Rose asked for a copy of the "course description". I faxed her a print-out of the description that appears on the midwest site.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived