Hard to Train for THIS !

TomKoz

In the video you can hear some woman yelling "it wasn't him".

Sounds like mistaken identity.

Retribution for something.

This is why it's not a hate crime. If there was a hate element, they can add that later.

Link to FBI:

Defining a Hate Crime

A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, the FBI has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties.

I was being funny with the tourist comment.

I've now added sarcasm indicators.

And how should tourists better train for such encounters?

Situational awareness?

Sometimes you just get caught up in it.

The kids should be caught and prosecuted, punished...

Why are hate crimes never charged for this crap???

I have never agreed with the concept of hate crimes. It has led to laws limiting freedom of expression in many countries.

Laws against assault, battery, murder cover the same physical damage. One's physical injury is worse if they are also called a racial epithet, or are of a different group than the attacker.

Anti-stalking and similar laws provide protection against nonviolent attacks.

I agree with you 100%, however, on the rare occasions when a white person commits a violent crime against s minority, it is automatically branded a hate crime and charged accordingly.

I have never agreed with the concept of hate crimes. It has led to laws limiting freedom of expression in many countries.

Laws against assault, battery, murder cover the same physical damage. One's physical injury is worse if they are also called a racial epithet, or are of a different group than

Laws against assault, battery, murder cover the same physical damage. One's physical injury is worse if they are also called a racial epithet, or are of a different group than the attacker.

Archived