• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 2smartby1/2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

https://thehill.com/...dguns-without-a

The South Dakota legislature has passed a bill allowing residents to carry concealed handguns without a permit, sending the measure to Gov. Kristi Noem ® for a signature.

The state House passed the Senate legislation in a 47-23 vote on Tuesday to allow for the so-called “constitutional carry,” The Argus Leader reported.

#2 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:19 PM

SD is looking better every day...

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent

#3 RandyP

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:33 PM

Indiana is a lot closer...... and warmer. Not this week of course - lol

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

#4 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,687 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

So this is state number 14 so far?

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#5 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:47 PM

Indiana is losing ground on the 2nd Amendment battle from what I hear lately.

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent

#6 jim123

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

Basically 2 out of 3 people in Lake County Indiana didn't vote for Trump in 2016. Went house hunting and saw lots of "Proud Union Home" signs in front of houses all over the place. It's filling up with escaping illinois democrat dufuses.

https://www.nytimes....sults/president

Of all the blue counties in illinois, only cook had a lower percentage of the vote go for Trump. champaign and lake were similar to Lake County Indiana. Sad times.

Edited by jim123, 30 January 2019 - 10:02 AM.

#7 Quiet Observer

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

Lake County, Indiana has always been strongly Democratic.  It is the state's center for steel, refining, chemical production, and heavy manufacturing.  

#8 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

There seemed to be only four counties in IN that voted Clinton. All of them seem to be the largest counties, but Trump still won all Electoral votes.

#9 spec4

• Members
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:44 PM

Please don't assume that all Illinois transplants are Democrats. I came here eight years ago and assure you that's not the case.  I've met many former residents of the Peoples Republik of Illinois who now live here. They are not Dems.

What does get under my skin is the "Proud Union Home" signs which are idiotic IMO.  I suppose I should put a sign up saying "Proud non-union Home". Just kidding.

My recently married grandson is scheming to move over here from Illinois.  He is a conservative like me.

#10 Twostarrz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

Please don't assume that all Illinois transplants are Democrats. I came here eight years ago and assure you that's not the case.  I've met many former residents of the Peoples Republik of Illinois who now live here. They are not Dems.

What does get under my skin is the "Proud Union Home" signs which are idiotic IMO.  I suppose I should put a sign up saying "Proud non-union Home". Just kidding.

My recently married grandson is scheming to move over here from Illinois.  He is a conservative like me.

I’m union, I don’t understand the signs either. I’m also ultra conservative so maybe that’s why?

#11 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,752 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:27 PM

How does the new South Dakota law treat non residents?
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#12 quackersmacker

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:02 PM

Same as residents.  See the 6th paragraph in this article today:

https://siouxcityjou...b39d5c20be.html

A bill was introduced in the SD House last Friday to limit this to residents only, but has not been scheduled for a hearing.

Life Member --- NRA Endowment Level
Life Member --- Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member --- Tennessee Gun Owners
Member        --- Single Action Shooting Society    [Lt John Dunbar]
Member        --- Oak Ridge Sportsmen's Association

Fellow Members:  Please consider making at least an annual $25 contribution to this fine organization, which has proven its worth -----and you will then become a member of the Supporting Members Team.   In this case, it's definitely about putting your money where your mouth is!   And, getting results.  Who knows what the future holds.....these may just be some of the best dollars you'll ever spend.

#13 vito

• Members
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

Just imagine the Supreme Court taking a case to reaffirm and expand Heller and declaring that requiring licenses or permits to exercise a Constitutional right is in itself unconstitutional, thus clearing lawful carry throughout the nation. How wonderful it would be to watch morons like Gov. Cuomo of NY  and Newsome of CA have a heart attack or just have his head explode when the Court releases this decree. One can dream........

Retired U.S. Army and Veteran of the Vietnam conflict

NRA Life Member

Fully retired!

#14 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 4,697 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:49 AM

. 42c5535a7d104277beaa45521c622905.jpg
Have all boated who fish?

#15 vito

• Members
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:25 AM

I really like Sioux Falls, SD but I don't think I would like the winters or being so far away from my kids and grandkids. 

NRA Life Member

Fully retired!

#16 yurimodin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:47 AM

Basically 2 out of 3 people in Lake County Indiana didn't vote for Trump in 2016. Went house hunting and saw lots of "Proud Union Home" signs in front of houses all over the place. It's filling up with escaping illinois democrat dufuses.

https://www.nytimes....sults/president

Of all the blue counties in illinois, only cook had a lower percentage of the vote go for Trump. champaign and lake were similar to Lake County Indiana. Sad times.

its all the people still ticked off that Mitch Daniels cut off their gubment gravy train.

#17 richp

• Members
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

Hi,

What is it that makes the citizens of states like this so much more trustworthy and law abiding than the citizens of illinois?

Why are the crime rates in these places so much lower than in Illinois? (Clue -- separate out Chicago/Cook County crime numbers for the answer.)

How is it that the rate of gun ownership in so many states with lower crime rates is higher than in Illinois?

Seems like these are legitimate questions to ask when it comes to fighting some of the things that are now pending in Springfield.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

#18 soundguy

• 5,878 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:19 AM

Hi,

What is it that makes the citizens of states like this so much more trustworthy and law abiding than the citizens of illinois?

Why are the crime rates in these places so much lower than in Illinois? (Clue -- separate out Chicago/Cook County crime numbers for the answer.)

How is it that the rate of gun ownership in so many states with lower crime rates is higher than in Illinois?

Seems like these are legitimate questions to ask when it comes to fighting some of the things that are now pending in Springfield.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

Who knows, Rich... wish I did.

Looking only at murder rates from 2017 - 1996, while Illinois is high, there are eight states with higher murder rates. Six of them are solid Red states (AL,AK,AR,LA,MS,MO), one solid Blue (MD), plus whatever Nevada is. Two other Red states (TN,SC) have the same rate as IL. A number of reliably Blue states have some of the lowest rates.

Louisiana tops this list with 12.1 murders per 100,000.

Illinois is 7.8.

Tim

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#19 2smartby1/2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:51 AM

Hi,

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

The answer coincides with poverty...which also coincides with education. 

#20 soylentgreen

• Members
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:51 PM

I think it's more important to note how states with permit requirements treat SD residents.

I don't know how a state can limit non-residents' rights. Equal protection is a thing. The laws of the states must apply equally to everyone within the state...whether they live there or not.

#21 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,687 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:20 PM

Hi,

They're not LWW's.   That's enough reason.

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#22 lockman

• Members
  • 7,902 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:08 AM

Hi,
How is it that the rate of gun ownership in so many states with lower crime rates is higher than in Illinois?Seems like these are legitimate questions to ask when it comes to fighting some of the things that are now pending in Springfield.
FWIW.
Rich Phillips

Who knows, Rich... wish I did.

Looking only at murder rates from 2017 - 1996, while Illinois is high, there are eight states with higher murder rates. Six of them are solid Red states (AL,AK,AR,LA,MS,MO), one solid Blue (MD), plus whatever Nevada is. Two other Red states (TN,SC) have the same rate as IL. A number of reliably Blue states have some of the lowest rates.

Louisiana tops this list with 12.1 murders per 100,000.
Illinois is 7.8.

Tim

It would be interesting to see it broken down locally on a map. I bet even within red states most of the homicides probably occur within the blue areas of those states. Like all of Illinois compared to cook county, Chicago, Rockford or St. Louis areas compared to the rest of the state.

^ this ***

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA,  CCRKBA, GOA, & SAF

#23 vito

• Members
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:16 AM

And even within those "blue" cities, much of the crime is concentrated within specific areas that are overwhelmingly Democrat voting. I live in Rockford, which has a relatively high crime rate compared to much of downstate Illinois. But much if not most of the crime takes place in the part of the city that is West of the Rock River. That part of the city that has the shootings and robberies is also where there is the part of the population most dependent on government services and most likely to keep voting for Democrats, even though those Democrats never seem able to deliver on their promises of miracles and reduced crime. And unfortunately, if you look at those high crime areas in cities across the state, that is where the majority of the total population resides so that they can tilt the entire state to the Blue. 

NRA Life Member

Fully retired!

#24 G214me

• 1,953 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:06 AM

And even within those "blue" cities, much of the crime is concentrated within specific areas that are overwhelmingly Democrat voting. I live in Rockford, which has a relatively high crime rate compared to much of downstate Illinois. But much if not most of the crime takes place in the part of the city that is West of the Rock River. That part of the city that has the shootings and robberies is also where there is the part of the population most dependent on government services and most likely to keep voting for Democrats, even though those Democrats never seem able to deliver on their promises of miracles and reduced crime. And unfortunately, if you look at those high crime areas in cities across the state, that is where the majority of the total population resides so that they can tilt the entire state to the Blue. 

^ Truth 

#25 G214me

• 1,953 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:09 AM

. 42c5535a7d104277beaa45521c622905.jpg

Meanwhile in Illinois we have a pile of goo that probably never heard of the Founding Fathers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users