When can I renew my CCL?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dieter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:02 PM

FYI - I did look at numerous threads but was unable to find an answer.

When should the renew button appear on my dashboard on the ISP site?

Also......

Would my CCL be suspended or revoked if the address wasnt the same as my FOID card?

Thanks in advance

#2 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,287 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:13 PM

About 90 days prior to expiration. Do not file an address change prior to renewing. It will lock you out of the system and prevent renewing.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#3 Dieter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:39 PM

Thanks Molly. I read about that in a previous thread. Any answer to -

Would my CCL be suspended or revoked if the address wasnt the same as my FOID card? 

Edited by Dieter, 12 August 2019 - 06:40 PM.

#4 Molly B.

• 16,287 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:15 PM

Shouldn't.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#5 Dieter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:30 PM

Thank you.

#6 Dieter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:18 PM

Well its looks like I cant edit/change my address on my FOID card without paying an $80 replacement fee. I guess I have to wait until October to do so when my CCL comes up for renewal. This means I cannot order ammo from a particular site since they require a pic of my FOID card with the same mailing address. This sucks. 

#7 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:44 AM

Well its looks like I cant edit/change my address on my FOID card without paying an $80 replacement fee. I guess I have to wait until October to do so when my CCL comes up for renewal. This means I cannot order ammo from a particular site since they require a pic of my FOID card with the same mailing address. This sucks.

If your ccl is ready to renew get the addy change at same time.
You’ll need a addy change on the ccl too right?
The renew button for ccl should have been ready for maybe 2 months now!
Mine opened up August 1st for a December expire......

#8 Molly B.

• 16,287 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:05 AM

If you are due to renew in October, the option to renew should be available now.  When renewing, enter your new address as your current address and move your old address into your address history list.  DO NOT click on request address change - that will get you locked out of the system and you will not be able to renew on time.

#9 Dieter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:41 AM

Just some clarification...my expiation date for my ccl is in January 2020 so i shpuld be able ro renew in October 2019

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users