ISRA Alert

JDW

Just came into my inbox.

The Firearms Industry Licensing Act; SB337 came out of committee 8-3-0. The fight now goes to the Floor. Please call your Representatives and ask them to OPPOSE SB337.

​​​​​​​

The vote on this bill could come as soon as Friday!

I made my call already. PLEASE call your House rep ASAP.

So I'll ask again. Why is ISRA listed as "No Position" written statement on SB337?

The ISRA initially supported SB1657 until the membership objected.

I'd guess that there's some internal disagreement over whether to support or oppose SB337, so they've split the difference. The ISRA "no position" has a written statement. It might be interesting/enlightening to read it, if we can get it.

What the heck are they talking about?

As usual they make no sense. Terrorist = Any second amendment supporter??? But there is no amendment for it either. A1 was original trailer, A2 and A3 were rip and replace and A4 made some wording changes. Didnt see anything about terrorists though...or the NRA ;-)

edit: Note they is NOT the ISRA but reference to a post that appears to have been removed.

I joined the ISRA because I want us to have every Pro 2A org and lobbying group possible working on our behalf. I can't answer why they do what they do. I'm also more than a little frustrated with the NRA, but, it is what it is. Thank heavens for Molly B, Todd V, and the entire IC team.

It seems the majority of firearms owner's can't be bothered to be their own activist. I recall a few years back, some deal in California needed X number of signatures for it to be considered by their legislature. At the end of the day, they missed the number by a HUGE margin. SMH I became very active for our cause when I learned the ropes from the fine members here. It feels good to be very involved. I thank all of you, my fellow IC members for all you do.

May 16, 2018 SB337 passed out of the Senate 35 to 18 (2 voted present)

***** enemy watching ***

***** data self redacted ***

let THEM do THEIR OWN homework....

It now waits to pass a vote in the full house since the house judiciary committee passed it.

Then it becomes another Democrat trick bag on the Governer's desk.

edit - What was the roll for the 8-3 vote for it? It isn't as cut and dried, as Madigan can do substitutions any time he wishes...

5 republicans, 3 no votes?? Two yes votes? WHICH ACTUAL Republicans votes YES??

Listed Committee Republican members:

Stewart(89)
Bryant(115)
Cabello(68)
Parkhurst(79)
Wheeler(64)

I joined the ISRA because I want us to have every Pro 2A org and lobbying group possible working on our behalf. I can't answer why they do what they do. I'm also more than a little frustrated with the NRA, but, it is what it is. Thank heavens for Molly B, Todd V, and the entire IC team.

It seems the majority of firearms owner's can't be bothered to be their own activist. I recall a few years back, some deal in California needed X number of signatures for it to be considered by their legislature. At the end of the day, they missed the number by a HUGE margin. SMH I became very active for our cause when I learned the ropes from the fine members here. It feels good to be very involved. I thank all of you, my fellow IC members for all you do.

Right on, I second everything you said. Thanks to everyone here, especially Mauser, Molly and Todd! Without all of you, we'd be in a very dark spot!

I don’t mind getting my hands a little dirty (within reason) to fight these anti-freedom scumbags. If anyone wants me to do something to help fight them that they don’t want their name attached to or are unable to do on their own, please PM me (note:low post count/unestablished members will not get a response back due to infiltrators here)

Archived