Reciprocity New Orleans

cbbanks03

Hello team, Im traveling to New Orleans for vacation and it looks like they dont honor Illinois CCW.

But allow open carry. I still want to take it but not sure about open carrying or will need to leave it in the hotel while out. I guess thats better than nothing but wanted to get some feed back and see if anyone had any issue traveling to New Orleans and open carrying or other wise with any issues.

Thanks,

CB.

I carry there with my Utah CCL. I don't know if their open carry is allowed only with a CCL or not, check that out before making the assumption that it's constutional carry.

It's a fun city. You'll spend way too much if you go to the French Quarter. There are lots of cool neighborhood spots to visit that aren't overly touristy.

Louisiana recognizes FL and UT licenses. If you don't have either, you should get one. FL will issue a license based on your training certificate for IL, provided your instructor also includes his NRA instructor #. UT requires specific training from an approved instructor, but there are a few of us floating around.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Florida non-res is the answer for us, but be sure to leave time to get through the application process. The Missus went to our local PD for ink prints- they had to be on Florida's card- and the officer goofed his signature and forgot it. The app came back and only one of us had the CCL in the Big Easy.

Incidentally, do not miss the National World War II Museum. We spent a full day, open to close, and there was still more to see.
The City Park is another don't-miss.

Also, my first trip there I rented a car and never even pulled it out of the hotel's parking lot. The subsequent trips' local transportation was all by foot and streetcars. The system is vastly improved these days. (They do not have a transit prohibition that I could find.)

If you're in the area of the Quarter and need a breakfast, that IHOP, of all things, on Canal, is probably the best, most affordable and reliable breakfast place. Skip the trendy stuff. That advice comes from a guy who travels with an actual professional chef.

I was able to submit an online application. Im waiting for the Finger print forms to come in the mail. Im guessing I can go to any police station to get them done? Sorry for all the questions and I really appreciate the feed back and assistance.

Some stations will do them, some wont. Some will only do for their village residents. Some will only do on certain days and hours. We have had some previous threads on PDs that will do them. Where are you near? I seem to recall Niles being a friendly resource.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61213

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64821

Thanks for the advise how can I apply for the Florida non resident since I have my ccw already? Can I apply onbthere web site?

Florida applications are paper only.

Not true. You can do online but the fingerprint card has to be a FL card. I believe you can print it. Also if you call them they will send you an application package very quickly.

Archived