Under Board Review?

Dtgivens

Here's what I don't understand about the whole process. If you already have a FOID, which is a required prerequisite for the CC permit and required a background check AND you already own firearms which also required a background check, how can they possibly put anyone "under review"?

How can you be eligible for owning a firearm, but "under review" for the CC permit?

Totally agree. It's just a way for the anti's to exploit the current system.

just checked today and its finally active after 12 letters its a good day!

Congrats! Your one of a few members on here that have recently been removed from Under Board Review. Did you have to send out a letter to the board on your behalf?

Negative. Submitted CCW w/prints May 2016. Under board review June 2016. Went active June 20th 2017. Only correspondence I received was the 12 "30 more days" letters. Didn't have to do anything on my part but sit and wait.

Congrats! Your one of a few members on here that have recently been removed from Under Board Review. Did you have to send out a letter to the board on your behalf?

Negative. Submitted CCW w/prints May 2016. Under board review June 2016. Went active June 20th 2017. Only correspondence I received was the 12 "30 more days" letters. Didn't have to do anything on my part but sit and wait.

Well thats great than! That probably means that the objection filed against you was fictitious and the board seen right through it.

Congrats again! Carry safe!

I had a court case I was found not guilty of. I won my order to have it expunged. I was anxious and filed before getting the letter from ISP confirming it was removed from my record. Im guessing thats why I was objected. Lesson learned but Im happy the wait is over.

I know its hard but everyone be patient, the review board is on our side!

• 3 weeks later...

Applied for CCL August 20, 2015

Under Board Review October 30, 2015

Received 22 "30 Day letters"

Received Response from CCLRB requesting info May 31, 2017

Submitted portal Response to CCLRB June 2017

Received a Call from CCLRB Attorney June 2017

Status Change July 11, 2017 from UNDER BOARD REVIEW TO UNDER REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!! 691 days since I applied (1 year 10 months 21 days)

now to stalk the mail man!!!!

I can't thank Molly B. enough for her guidance and support and this site for the valuable resources it provides.

Status Change July 11, 2017 from UNDER BOARD REVIEW TO UNDER REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!! 691 days since I applied (1 year 10 months 21 days)

I can't thank Molly B. enough for her guidance and support and this site for the valuable resources it provides.

:clap:

Congrats man! Very unfortunate you had to wait that long. I'm really frustrated with the fact that no one gets held accountable for making you wait that long.

I just hope my application does not drag out that long. The irony to this is that I received my Florida CCL in 20 days.

Huge Congrats........

Proof Positive that there is light at the end of the tunnel for those stuck in the limbo that is the CCLRB.

Several others have had this great news posted here, good job hanging in there, being who you are and being right about your status has once again proved to be what matters in the long run!

Thank you and yes the wait was brutal, however it makes me appreciate and respect what I have that much more. .... Just checked status again and its changed to ACTIVE both FOID and CCL numbers match!!!

Congrats!

And now for the next 2 weeks, your mail person is going to feel weird seeing you stalking them about the neighborhood... LOL

What's terrifying about this is it took 71 days to even put you under Board Review. If LEOs have 30 days to object, this could imply the ISP sat on your application for over a month before even performing the background check.

The objection window isn't the first 30 days... it isn't open until the ISP complete the initial background check.

So if prints are submitted, the background check would have to be complete by day 60 to allow for the 30 day objection window (day 90 for apps submitted without prints).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It was a long wait, at the end of the day I stayed mostly positive and I came out on top with a win, It very well could've gone the other way . Hard for me to be bitter when I know that I have an ACTIVE IL CCL, the CCLRB wait and unknown is over. I hope IC along with member support continues to advance the carry rights of eligible applicants and decrease their wait times in the future.

Makes sense. I guess the FOID is just a basic felon check, while the CC background check is more in depth by checking mental health records, law enforcement, etc.
Negatory. FOID backgrounds include mental health admissions, drug rehab, everything that the FCCA covers except for print checks and medical records (which I signed a blanket waiver for, law has since been amended to pertinent medical records) for purposes of more thorough mental health stuff (I assume) and drug testing info (testing positive for an illegal substance within the preceding year). They should not need this much time. Period. Can't have more than two DUIs in the preceding 7 years...that's beyond stupid because the third is a felony, therefore it is a statutory disqualifier for all things "gun." And they should not be allowed to deny a right based on an arrest, misdemeanor or felony, unless there's an accompanying conviction. Especially from half a lifetime ago.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

:clap:

Ive been under review a year and only received 3 30 day letter

Congrats! I would have been reserving a U-Haul around the summer 2016 mark, but I guess you guys who have been in Illinois for a long time are used to not being able to conceal carry.

I applied June 2016, went under board review Oct 2016, received my objection letter stating what they needed from me June 2017, status changed back to under review today. Inspect element say "approved". I guess I'm finally towards the end. Not gone get too excited yet.

MultiQuote

Congratz!! I was UBR myself for about a year. You should have your CCL in hand in 30 days or less. You've made it to the end of this dark tunnel buddy!! Again congratz and carry safe!

I applied June 2016, went under board review Oct 2016, received my objection letter stating what they needed from me June 2017, status changed back to under review today. Inspect element say "approved". I guess I'm finally towards the end. Not gone get too excited yet.

MultiQuote

CONGRATS MAN! Always good to hear that another victory was made. Carry safe my friend because you will be carrying in no time.

No I didn't have to send anything just kept getting the 30 day letters

• 1 month later...

Archived