Orlando night club shooting

howie

As for his religion. Well - Christians have done some pretty atrocious things and still do. We don't blame Chrsitianity do we?

Oh, here we go and it only took 57 posts...

Show me the attacks by Christians over the last couple hundred years and we'll compare the numbers and severities against those of Islam during the same period.

The difference is that 'Christians' who committed atrocious things were not following the precepts of the philosophy and therefore Christianity should not be credited with those attacks.

Do we accept credit for all attacks with guns because they wielder was a gun owner just like we are? Certainly not.

The Muslim religion certainly advocates violence, subjugation, and murder of infidels and apostates as well as practitioners of other 'crimes' such as:

Not being a Muslim

Being a female

Being gay

Having fun

Listening to western music

Not dressing properly

'Insulting' Muhammed

etc.

etc.

etc.

I can't speak to your motivation for making that statement but my suspicions are that you are either succumbing to political correctness or you are ignorant of the facts pertaining to Christianity, or you're just anti-religion in general.

But, to associate Christians with the depredations of Muslim extremism is ridiculous.

And, I'm sure I just fed the trolls...

Abc news interviewed a parent crying entire time. At the end. She begged for ban on "assault rifles". And why can't we get along.

Of course.

Sad to say but if there is already a ban of illegal drugs and it is still out there being imported & distributed to thugs, do you thinking outlawing legal citizens from defending themselves from owning one will stop illegal import on assault rifles to thugs? It will actually comfort the thugs knowing they won't be stopped by citizens.

Again, this won't happen in known places were concealed carry good citizen are allowed to protect themselves since the fist shots from the criminal will be countered by CCL citizens.

This wasn't a terrorist attack. It had NOTHING to do with Islam or extreme religious ideology at all.

This was clearly an attack on America by the evil "assault rifles" and "high capacity magazines" funded and backed by the NRA, conservatives and Donald Trump voters.

O yeah and also all white people, Republicans, pro second amendment supporters and anyone who doesn't generally agree with that narrative.

So lets be clear about it huh guys....ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE. That is all.

I don't know his motivations but people can do crazy **** without it being motivated by anything. According to the latest reports, this person hated gays.

As for his religion. Well - Christians have done some pretty atrocious things and still do. We don't blame Chrsitianity do we?

No they haven't. It's ridiculous for people to keep saying stuff like this. There are no terrorist organizations being nurtured in Christian congregations.

If some psycho shoots up an abortion clinic, and says God told him to, people like you say "see, Christians are just as bad as muslims." Sorry, but one idiot claiming a faith that he obviously isn't living by virtue of the fact that he murders people, isn't the same as 200 million people (20% of 1 billion muslims) who believe in, support, and take part in killing people.

So stick a sock in it. I'm tired of my countrymen being murdered because of people like you sticking up for their hate and trying to say they're just like us. They've chosen to hate, let them reap the rewards of that choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show us where Christianity condones stuff like this. ... .... waiting .... .... yeah, crickets. Thought so.

Where does Islam condone it? That's right. Right smack in their holy book, the Quran. Hence, why radicals are able to latch on to it under the banner of Islam.

This wasn't a terrorist attack. It had NOTHING to do with Islam or extreme religious ideology at all.

This was clearly an attack on America by the evil "assault rifles" and "high capacity magazines" funded and backed by the NRA, conservatives and Donald Trump voters.

O yeah and also all white people, Republicans, pro second amendment supporters and anyone who doesn't generally agree with that narrative.

So lets be clear about it huh guys....ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE. That is all.

I don't know his motivations but people can do crazy **** without it being motivated by anything. According to the latest reports, this person hated gays.

No don't you dare....This is the worst mass shooting in our nations history. This is the worst killing of gays in our nations history. You can add up all the other gay people killed by crazy Christians in this country combined and it does not add up to what this one man did because of his religious ideology.

There's only one religious group that kills you BY LAW for being gay.

In 11 Islamic rule country's gay people get the death penalty for simply being gay. In the rest of them they are severely mistreated way beyond anything in the west or christian countries.

ISIS are the ones that are throwing gay people off roof tops, not christian extremists.

And before you think I'm just defensing my own, I'm an atheist, I despise all religions equally, they should all be abolished imo and the world would be a better place.

But don't you dare not call a spade a spade. His religion and his religious ideology are what made him do this. And of all the religions Islam seems to have that problem of mass murdering nut jobs more so than any other religion around. It doesn't help anything to try and shuck off that blame for them. Its clearly a deep rooted cultural hatred among a certain type of people that is responsible for this.

No don't you dare....This is the worst mass shooting in our nations history. This is the worst killing of gays in our nations history. You can add up all the other gay people killed by crazy Christians in this country combined and it does not add up to what this one man did because of his religious ideology.

There's only one religious group that kills you BY LAW for being gay.

In 11 Islamic rule country's gay people get the death penalty for simply being gay. In the rest of them they are severely mistreated way beyond anything in the west or christian countries.

ISIS are the ones that are throwing gay people off roof tops, not christian extremists.

And before you think I'm just defensing my own, I'm an atheist, I despise all religions equally, they should all be abolished imo and the world would be a better place.

But don't you dare not call a spade a spade. His religion and his religious ideology are what made him do this. And of all the religions Islam seems to have that problem of mass murdering nut jobs more so than any other religion around. It doesn't help anything to try and shuck off that blame for them. Its clearly a deep rooted cultural hatred among a certain type of people that is responsible for this.

Caught on Video=> “Gays Must Die” Says Islamic Speaker at Orlando Mosque

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/caught-video-gays-must-die-says-speaker-orlando-mosque/

Even the Church of Satan doesn't call for the killing of gays or violence.

You are wrong. We do know his motivation.

It was just released that the terrorist called 911 prior to shooting, IDd himself by name and said he was pledging his allegiance to ISIS.

He was an Islamist extremist by his own admission.

Guns, especially EBRs, are homophobic, therefore they must be evil. BAN THEM ALREADY!!!

Purple please?

To show I'm a law-abiding citizen I am cooperating with the purple police. I've edited my post to the correct color. Thanks for reminding me, I figured it was understood.

:flowers: Actually, these days it can be a bit difficult to know when some members are joking/"sarcasming", or when they really believe what they are saying. Purple just makes it easier to tell... or does it... ????? :devil: :fear:

My concern, how many more are out there that are like him? When does it go from focusing on the gays to focusing on the Jews, the women, or the Christians?

Once again, all this proves to me is that no matter how much money we spend, our government is incapable of protecting us from this type of attack and that it is the responsibility of each citizen to be prepared.

A person known to authorities as a problem, possibly if not probably connected to radical Islam goes into a gun free zone full of people that Islam despises and shoots the place up. I cannot wait to hear how this is my fault as a legal gun owner and NRA member and how my rights should be taken away.

Obama gave his canned "mass shooting" speech, except he took an extra 55 minutes to go over it first. The only box unchecked was the one about "workplace violence." He added material to encompass an "hate crime against the LGBT community." Basically the problem, according to Obama, is the hate directed against one of his protected groups and the easy access to guns.

No mention was made of jihadi terrorism and its links to radical Islamists. Instead "the motives have not been determined," notwithstanding that shooter himself called 911, proclaimed his allegiance to ISIS and shouted "Alahu Akhbar" several times. I guess if Omar Mateen (the shooter) didn't have written orders from ISIS, it never happened.

Law enforcement was commended by the President for their brave and timely action. However they waited nearly 3 hours to enter the building, trying to negotiate an hostage release. When will they learn that terrorists don't take hostages in a situation for which there is no plan of escape? They buy time to subdue and isolate the intended victims before killing them. I understand most of the killings occurred in the last 20 minutes before the SWAT team acted.

The one unchanging thing is Obama's complete disregard for facts. He has his fantasy world to maintain, and facts will go away if they are allowed to age a couple of weeks.

If anything, to me, this proves that there needs to be NO restrictions on the "right to keep and bear arms" (as, oh, IDK, exactly how it's worded "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED")!

I say this because everyone is law abiding, until, well, they're not.

So no matter what restrictions you put on the 2A, there's always SOMEONE out there who will "pass all the background checks" and blah blah blah, and will be able to get a license/permit to carry, and "legally buy guns" (and ammo) - that will one day do something criminal (with or without them).

While we know "we" are the utmost law abiding people there are, as are most "concealed carriers", there's always those one or two (or whatever) that will for whatever reason turn "criminal". I don't care if it's the guy who comes home early from work and catches his wife cheating, and in a moment of clogged judgement kills them both, etc. Or if it's a "plant", or, a guy who has a clean record/history but has ill intent as his "endgame".

Simply put, there IS *NO* stopping something like that. At least at the level of "law" or "prevention". Simply put, if a person with a clean history/record goes out and arms up, then wants to do something like this, THEY WILL. Which is further proof to me that we need ZERO restrictions on the 2A, so that if and when something like that happens, WE CAN DEFEND OURSELVES!

</end rant>

"Christians" is way too broad a term. There are Catholics Lutherans Protestants and dozens of other religious and political (and overlapping) groups in the Middle Ages and it's important to differentiate and identify which group was involved.

"Muslims" is way too broad a term.

Shunni, Shiite, Sufi, and dozens of other groups...

Show me the attacks by Christians over the last couple hundred years

Spanish Inquisition.

Who cares about a few hundred years?

Salem Witch Trials

WWII Jewish Holocaust

KKK Domestic Terrorism

OKC Bombing

I could of swore that Hitler and the Nazis were to blame for the Holocaust. Not sure where you got the info that Christians had anything to do with that.

Also, OKC Bombing? If anything he would of been a branch Davidens, which is NOT a Christian group.

Well, I'm not sure of any Christian organization that would claim the KKK, but I know that they did try to portray themselves as such.

The Salem witch trials, yes was Christian's. So I guess one out of four is correct.

Okay we need to drop the generalization that this is Muslim or go off in a tangent with other religion. This psycho called 911 before the act and stated he is with militant group called the the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. We don't want to fall in to the trap that ISIS is trying to create with this generalize hate. We are smarter than that. What we need is a strong leader President to act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ; Edmund Burke

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Archived