ISP warns Pfleger over expressway protest

InterestedBystander

Can't find the release at ISP or IL web sites yet.

full story at link..

ISP warns Pfleger over expressway protest

https://capitolfax.com/wp-mobile.php?p=38462&more=1

ISP press release

In anticipation of the July 7th, 2018 planned protest organized by Father Michael Pfleger through various social media outlets, Illinois State Police (ISP) officials are warning pedestrians not to enter any expressways in Illinois, or they will face arrest and prosecution.

Our first priority is to protect public safety and that is what we will do, said ISP Director Leo Schmitz. This call to protest on the Dan Ryan, however well-intentioned, is reckless. It puts the lives of protestors and people in the community in grave danger. We will work with our partners at the Chicago Police Department to keep our communities safe and we strongly discourage this protest from going forward at this location.

Both State Police and the Chicago Police personnel have met with Father Pfleger on several occasions to discuss the dangers of holding a march on the Dan Ryan Expressway.

Shutting down and marching on the expressway recklessly places lives in danger by cutting off emergency services to those around the city who need it most, said ISP (Chicago) Region I Commander Major David Byrd. I have family and friends that live in this community, and while I appreciate and support this worthwhile cause, we cannot risk endangering the lives of those who march, of the many motorists traveling on the interstate, or the lives of our officers who are working to keep everyone safe. This planned protest endangers all communities by backing up traffic onto other arterial routes, creating extremely hazardous conditions for motorists, which are likely to cause crashes resulting in serious injury and fatalities. Additionally, the lives of the people marching on the expressway in the lanes of traffic, would also be placed at risk.

In the interest of protecting lives while accomplishing the goal of peace, the ISP and CPD requests Father Pfleger reconsider the options to peacefully protest at alternate locations where the lives of the public and protestors will not be in jeopardy.

The ISP supports the First Amendment right to peacefully assemble, so long as it does not put the safety of the public in peril. Pedestrians are prohibited by law from entering the expressway including all on and off-ramps. Pedestrians who choose to violate the law and attempt to enter the expressway could be placed under arrest and charged with Criminal Trespassing to State Supported Property, as well as other potential violations.

I say arrest em and send the manpower bill to the archdiocese.

Its only fitting as the Sabinas website has it on their online calendar for the last 2 weeks. Cardinal Blase Cupich has got to have prior knowledge of Snuffy's intent to do this.

WGN news today again has been broadcasting the sabinas intent to block the expressway.

"I don't work for the police department, but let me offer them some advice," Pfleger said. "If they say doing this will be pulling officers from the most needed neighborhoods in the city of Chicago, then pull them from the north side."

This guy can go to h***. My tax dollars pay for those parts of the city that are crime infested, nobody is paying their own bill on the west and south sides. Keep the few officers left in my beat to protect those that need it.

Self combust already Pflakey. Your self loathing and white guilt are all you need.

Filled in blanks for you

I can see it coming:

"If you or a loved one are injured or killed as a result of protestors on the Dan Ryan, please join the class action lawsuit against individuals responsible and the Chicago archdiocese, initiated by the law offices of _Duey____, _Cheatum____,& Howe_____."

What happens when the protesters start flipping cars that are in range? After all, this is a LWW event.

"I don't work for the police department, but let me offer them some advice," Pfleger said. "If they say doing this will be pulling officers from the most needed neighborhoods in the city of Chicago, then pull them from the north side."

This guy can go to h***. My tax dollars pay for those parts of the city that are crime infested, nobody is paying their own bill on the west and south sides. Keep the few officers left in my beat to protect those that need it.

Self combust already Pflakey. Your self loathing and white guilt are all you need.

Racist.

Racist.

Yes, and therefore hate myself too!

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., July 5, 2018 at 09:09 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., July 5, 2018 at 09:09 PM - No reason given

The mayor can't afford to piss off Pfleger, so he's made a deal with the devil - he lets Pfleger do whatever he wants with no fear of being arrested by CPD (until his body guard went too far and started coon-fingering his gun in front of the church).

Even then, Chicago let Pfleger's bodyguard off easy.

But the ISP is no longer run by Governor Quinncometax, and the troopers aren't under orders to let Phleger do whatever he wants. I hope they search his illegally armed body guards and charge them with felony UUW.

So, civil disobedience is acceptable when it's for a cause you believe in, one that can save lives?

A Constitutional right that is under attack, such as the 2nd Amendment, would qualify for civil disobedience of unjust laws. Correct?

Set the precedent, law-bending Fr. Pfleger, but what's good for one is good for all.

So, civil disobedience is acceptable when it's for a cause you believe in, one that can save lives?

A Constitutional right that is under attack, such as the 2nd Amendment, would qualify for civil disobedience of unjust laws. Correct?

Set the precedent, law-bending Fr. Pfleger, but what's good for one is good for all.

You can bet that every single such protester would be arrested. Equal application of "justice," the first amendment and all ...

If, and I say If people are arrested, how much violence do you think will ensure? You know how PD's use way to much force to deal with criminals.

I would expect much spitting and swearing, along with frequent use of the word "pig." Not to give anyone ideas, but if they really wanted to make a scene, they'd handcuff themselves together in a long line, then chain the ends of the line to guardrails on either side of the road.

Their own description of what they're going to do sounds like they're just going to march as a mob on to the highway from an on-ramp.

From the cops, I'd expect a fair amount of shoulder-twisting.

Tear gas, rubber bullets, and riot shields would be fun, but I think they're unlikely.

Archived