"I'm carrying concealed" t-shirt

Scootaloo

I saw a t-shirt the other day that had a picture of a handgun and in big letters "I'M CARRYING CONCEALED".

Initially it seemed to be in bad taste, but it got me wondering, is this a good thing or a bad thing? On the one hand, it draws attention to something that really should not have attention drawn to it, but on the other even having the shirt on (or some other legal communication of the fact) would likely stop dangerous situations before they even happen, which in the end is what is really important.

What do you think about this sort of thing?

Makes no sense to me at all. The person who wears such a shirt probably also tells everyone he meets that he is a concealed carry licensee, maybe bought one of those silly CCW "badges" and wears full tactical gear when he goes to the mall, i.e., mall ninja. Telling the world that you are carrying concealed combines the worst of both concealed and open carry. You lose the tactical advantage and yet you don't have the easy access to the firearm that open carry allows.

I saw a t-shirt the other day that had a picture of a handgun and in big letters "I'M CARRYING CONCEALED".

Initially it seemed to be in bad taste, but it got me wondering, is this a good thing or a bad thing? On the one hand, it draws attention to something that really should not have attention drawn to it, but on the other even having the shirt on (or some other legal communication of the fact) would likely stop dangerous situations before they even happen, which in the end is what is really important.

The more likely case is McStreetlights hears about the t-shirts and issues an edict wherein anyone found to be wearing the it carrying or not is arrested and charged with assault or brandishing for using a t-shirt in a threatening manner. Its the Chicago way.

When carrying, I want to be the 'gray woman', unnoticed, not drawing attention to myself, and going about my business. It's a tactical decision.

There ya' go... GOOD ADVICE! ("fixed it for ya' Molly!!")

Even though I wouldn't do it, I don't have a problem with OC, but it does advertise.

When carrying, I want to be the 'gray man', unnoticed, not drawing attention to myself, and going about my business. It's a tactical decision.

You and me both.

Not only do I want to be unnoticed by a potential bad guy (tactical decision), but I want to stay unnoticed by the places I carry into. I think the more of a non-issue concealed carry is for the antis, people one the fence and indifferent, the better for the cause.

Most people won't notice. Probably 80%+ of the time I carry OWB with a t-shirt over the pistol. Sometimes it's a Glock 19 with a sweatshirt or jacket over it instead of the shirt. Heck when in Wisconsin I OC and I watch others for reactions. Most don't notice.

Not saying this shirt is a good idea, just realize that most people are too heads down to notice what is going on around them.*

*I also notice this when wearing my kilts.

When carrying, I want to be the 'gray man', unnoticed, not drawing attention to myself, and going about my business. It's a tactical decision.

You and me both.

Not only do I want to be unnoticed by a potential bad guy (tactical decision), but I want to stay unnoticed by the places I carry into. I think the more of a non-issue concealed carry is for the antis, people one the fence and indifferent, the better for the cause.

+1

I wore an NRA "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun [front of shirt] is a good guy with a gun [back of shirt]" shirt at WalMart once. Ended up having a lady scream "I'm behind a good guy with a gun" on her cell phone.

It ended up she was talking to her husband, giving him navigation in the store so they could find each other. It was totally a non-issue given the particular store I was in.

However, I tensed up big time because I thought I was showing/printing and people were freaking out. It took me a second to remember what shirt I was wearing and what the lady was doing. I just chalked it up to experience (not that I am new to this) and carried on. I don't worry about incidental showing/printing, however given this lady and her announcement to everyone, the situation was a little different.

My point is... I would rather not call attention to myself.

Does anyone really think that some thug robbing a store is going to read the shirts of all the customers? You'd have to assume that A) they can read , B ) make reasoned decisions on who to shoot, and C) don't think it's referring to your wiener.

Good point. Anyone with the thought process to seek out potential CCers and take them out first is going to do a lot of damage. Not your average cigar thief...

Most people won't notice. Probably 80%+ of the time I carry OWB with a t-shirt over the pistol. Sometimes it's a Glock 19 with a sweatshirt or jacket over it instead of the shirt. Heck when in Wisconsin I OC and I watch others for reactions. Most don't notice.

Not saying this shirt is a good idea, just realize that most people are too heads down to notice what is going on around them.*

*I also notice this when wearing my kilts.

+1 on both the method of cover and the failure of people to notice when I'm wearing a kilt.

Back in March when my CCW came in the mail, I was freaking hard if my wife could even see a "Father Pfleiger" on my waist. Now, I'm usually carrying my XDs OWB with an unbuttoned denim shirt over it. There's a definite "Father Pfleiger", but nothing that shows an outline. And, while I'm mindful out in parking lots to ensure that my shirt tail doesn't blow up, I haven't had an issue.

Bri

About two weeks ago my sister in law and brother in law came up to visit from Tennessee and on the second day my brother in law asked if I ever got a CCL? I said Ya and BTW I have been carrying the whole time. I only had a tee shirt on to cover my EDC for those two days and they never noticed. The Concealed Carry Shirt reminds me of the guys that have the FBI hats and no I don't think they are FBI but not a good idea like others said about bringing attention to yourself that says shoot me first.

Initially it seemed to be in bad taste, but it got me wondering, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Bad thing, bad taste IMHO. (YMMV). My thought would be, immature individual, looking for attention.

We want this to be ordinary, not worth remarking on. "He carries." "Yeah, So?"

Archived