Need help, bowling alley shooter

You will need to file a 'records correction' appeal for your FOID and submit a certified copy of the disposition of your case.

https://ispfsb.com/Public/Firearms/FOID/NonMentalHealth.pdf

https://ispfsb.com/Public/Firearms/FOID/Investigation.pdf

https://ispfsb.com/Public/Firearms/FOID/AppealRequest.pdf

FOID - Mail the forms to the address listed on the forms, include the certified copy of the disposition. Use a mail service that will provide a signed receipt of delivery. Keep a copy of all the forms for yourself.

CCL- go to your online application page - scroll to CCL status, click on appeal, upload disposition, add any commentary that might be helpful.

Please keep us posted on how the process goes - the info could be helpful for others who appeal.

Is there more to the story than that? It seems if the news article is true, you'd never get your FOID or CCL back ever.What's the real story and outcome?

He leaves the bowling to retrieve his gun from his vehicle then goes back in and confronts the guy flirting with his girlfriend? How is that considered self defense?

Is there more to the story than that? It seems if the news article is true, you'd never get your FOID or CCL back ever.What's the real story and outcome?

He leaves the bowling to retrieve his gun from his vehicle then goes back in and confronts the guy flirting with his girlfriend? How is that considered self defense?

It's could be self-defense if that's not what really happened. Sometimes the DA's version of what happened and what actually happened are not one in the same. That is why we have juries.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

... Sometimes the DA's version of what happened and what actually happened are not one in the same....

The news story was probably based on the police report, which would have been based on witness statements.

It would be interesting to know how he was found not guilty, but there's no obligation to disclose it.

It's could be self-defense if that's not what really happened. Sometimes the DA's version of what happened and what actually happened are not one in the same. That is why we have juries.

And the Judge that ordered the revocation doesn't even know the CCL law

""You had no business taking the gun into a place that serves alcohol," the judge said. "You should have learned that in [conceal carry] class."

sure would be nice if the op posted his version of what happened.their is usually three versions,the accused,the police,and the truth.

I agree, hopefully the Cholmes will respond with his version and why the charges were dropped.

Assuming the OP wasn't being loose with his words, the charges weren't dropped, he was found not guilty. Not a huge difference in result, but a major difference in how he got there.

I was not there so I will not judge and the OP can keep it private if he cares to. We have to get better at how we look at things. We all know how the city and the news portrays thing. While I would certainly be interested in hearing about what happened I would suggest that going by the news article (again we know how they are) is a bad way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

May I ask what happened at the bowling alley?

Judge Orders Accused Bowling Alley Shooter to Surrender Weapons

God, if this story is true I'm really scared that you got your CCL back. You have no business carrying a gun IMO

Have you ever been part of anything (good or bad) that was reported on in the news? I have (good). The story reported and the facts were nowhere close to what actually happened. If you want to believe anything, believe the part where he was found not guilty. That should tell you something about the initial reporting.

Have you ever been part of anything (good or bad) that was reported on in the news? I have (good). The story reported and the facts were nowhere close to what actually happened. If you want to believe anything, believe the part where he was found not guilty. That should tell you something about the initial reporting.

+1 on this. The news media may be getting attention right now due to the President, but I can tell you for true and certain that every experience I've ever had with the media ended out with the interview we gave distorted by "creative" omissions, and at worst, the final print copy bore zero resemblance to the documentation and interview the press was given.

Personally, I think this part of the reason that the President's attacks on the media are as effective as they are. Many people have had personal experience with media distortion, and the press does get it right some time in its coverage of the President. However, there are enough instances where the media is provably wrong with their coverage that it just reminds everyone of "that time that they gave an interview"...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry....but WHY did you go get your gun?

Without the OP's side of the story, it seems to me that the OP should not be carrying based on the article.

"OP should not be carrying based on the article"

With a lot of media coverage today, one cannot base an opinion on an article in the press . . .

True...

However, the OP was here and could tell his side of the story....but didn't.

That only leaves the article.....that the OP himself provided.

I'd love the hear the reason as to why he went back into the bowling alley armed.

I'm sorry....but WHY did you go get your gun?

Without the OP's side of the story, it seems to me that the OP should not be carrying based on the article.

"OP should not be carrying based on the article"

With a lot of media coverage today, one cannot base an opinion on an article in the press . . .

True...

However, the OP was here and could tell his side of the story....but didn't.

I'd love the hear the reason as to why he went back into the bowling alley armed.

That would be something that would be wiser to discus in a private conversation with people the OP knows and trusts. My opinion.

Actually, I linked the article, not the OP, because people were wondering what happened.

As I stated above, too, the article was probably written based on the police report, which may or may not have included a statement by the defendant.

Archived