Carrier only

jkdkaliman101

I could use some advice or recommendations.

I had an AR built in 7.62x39. It's been shipped and on the way to my FFL. Only hitch is, it's missing the carrier. The builders supplier has been out for some time. I told him to go ahead and ship the rifle and send me the carrier direct when he gets them in but WHEN will he get them is the million dollar question.

He is sending the bolt with the enhanced firing pin for 7.62x39 and the rifle accepts AR style mags, not AK mags. So my question is, can I use the carrier out of my (or any) 5.56 AR with the bolt he is sending?

Are they (the carrier) interchangeable between calibers both being in an AR platform? My guess is yes they are but wanted to confirm.

If so, then the follow up question is does anyone know where I can get a quality carrier ONLY at a decent price now? 1) In case his supplier don't follow through or 2) If they do, I'll just have a spare.

Thanks

I googled it, and the first thing that popped up was a thread on Arfcom from 2015 asking pretty much the same question. The thread said it was acceptable to use a standard bolt carrier as long as you had the 7.62x39 bolt. Other Arfcom threads say the same thing. Take the information at face value. I'm not claiming expertise here.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/7_32x39_BCG_difference_from_5_56_/121-665272/

I googled it, and the first thing that popped up was a thread on Arfcom from 2015 asking pretty much the same question. The thread said it was acceptable to use a standard bolt carrier as long as you had the 7.62x39 bolt. Other Arfcom threads say the same thing. Take the information at face value. I'm not claiming expertise here.

Thank you.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/7_32x39_BCG_difference_from_5_56_/121-665272/

Archived