Employment background checks

Zutbus5

Hello!

I am new to the site. I am retired law enforcement officer of 28 years. I have no criminal background however my FOID card was revoked after self admittance for a 24 hour stay in a mental health facility.

I have recently received a conditional job offer that requires a background check. A gun is not required for the job but my concern is that they may find my revoked status and that will prevent me from getting the full offer. They stated a background check would be done by fingerprints through local police agency. So in a nutshell. Do you know if a revoked Foid card is revealed in a background check?

Update: Thanks for your responses

Today I went for fingerprint and physical. I did have to sign an authorization waiver for the background check. The authorization is quite detailed stating that it works in conjunction with the FBI database. It also stated credit, school and medical records. I'm not sure if the criminal all comes back clear, which it will, if they'll dig deeper. I'm having a real dilemma with my brief time of depression because of my huge life changing event. I'm hoping it doesn't prevent me from this job. I had a successful law enforcement career with no issues. My current job has been without issue as well. I'm in the process of trying to get my FOID card reinstated as well.

Update: Thanks for your responses

Today I went for fingerprint and physical. I did have to sign an authorization waiver for the background check. The authorization is quite detailed stating that it works in conjunction with the FBI database. It also stated credit, school and medical records. I'm not sure if the criminal all comes back clear, which it will, if they'll dig deeper. I'm having a real dilemma with my brief time of depression because of my huge life changing event. I'm hoping it doesn't prevent me from this job. I had a successful law enforcement career with no issues. My current job has been without issue as well. I'm in the process of trying to get my FOID card reinstated as well.

I believe that Illinois is one of the states where your credit record can not be used as a background check for a job. I'd be worried more about your medical records showing the 24 hour stay than the foid revocation.

Archived