Hypothetical question

Wild Bill

With any number of people that are sick of how the state is being run for the last several decades - and I'm guessing are likely gun supporters - with them either leaving the state, or planning to leave the state: - Is it just a matter of time before the state reverts back to no-carry, or it becomes a "may-issue" state like NJ?

If the majority of those remaining in the state are unwilling to do anything about our current government representation. it would seem to be the future of IL and conceal carry.

Moderator - please move this post if I've posted it in the wrong place.

OP it's a moot point now. Since you are on Illinois Carry you know what we have endured and how far we've come and we are not going back. Help us move forward. Follow the Illinois politics thread when Congress is in session and help with witness lips and contacting your representatives and senators. As a well-established voice We will keep being heard.

OP it's a moot point now. Since you are on Illinois Carry you know what we have endured and how far we've come and we are not going back. Help us move forward. Follow the Illinois politics thread when Congress is in session and help with witness lips and contacting your representatives and senators. As a well-established voice We will keep being heard.

You're correct. But we can't get lazy now... Even though they probably wouldn't ever get the votes to go back to "No Issue", they very conceivably could change the law enough to make carry impractical and almost useless. (e.g. expand the list of statutory "no carry" zones, add additional difficult hoops to the application process, etc...)

So, to the OP: Please stay around and help push the representatives to make carry better and not worse. :)

I agree it's unlikely...but I would never say it's impossible. It's important to keep the SCOTUS pro-2A. If it flips Heller or McDonald, that could open the door to wipe away Shepard too. The SCOTUS is the key.

Maybe, but in Caetano v Massachussets the post-Scalia court had an opportunity to try to weaken Heller. It took a pass on that by vacating her conviction..

Archived