FFL Accepting online Ammo order

Rzr8

Does any one know of an FFL that accept an online ammo order?

I expect a service charge.

I figured moving out of Chicago would allow me to purchase ammo online, surprise, thanks Cook county. Has to be shipped to FFL...

I've been finding better than in store deals, all things considering. I checked with 5 stores in southern cook county and was told it's more work than it's worth.

Has to be shipped to FFL.

And have them show/quote you the law for this.

https://library.municode.com/il/cook_county/codes/code_of_ordinances

https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=1657

..."(b-5) Any resident may purchase ammunition from a person within or outside of Illinois if shipment is by United States mail or by a private express carrier authorized by federal law to ship ammunition. Any resident purchasing ammunition within or outside the State of Illinois must provide the seller with a copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card or valid concealed carry license and either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the ammunition. The ammunition may be shipped only to an address on either of those 2 documents."...

Slow down grasshopper, browse the pinned threads and you will find the answers you seek!

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54598

Unless I did read a chunk of them in the last year and they didn't answer my question.

That's on me and I should add, I already purchased the ammo and need an FFL that will accept it.

Has to be shipped to FFL.

And have them show/quote you the law for this.

..."(b-5) Any resident may purchase ammunition from a person within or outside of Illinois if shipment is by United States mail or by a private express carrier authorized by federal law to ship ammunition. Any resident purchasing ammunition within or outside the State of Illinois must provide the seller with a copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card or valid concealed carry license and either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the ammunition. The ammunition may be shipped only to an address on either of those 2 documents."...

I'll give that a shot too. Thanks for the information.

... There's no requirement in IL that ammo has to ship to an FFL. ...

Correct, and if their policy requires it for some silly reason they're violating the FOID act.

They cannot be violating the foid act they are a private entity and have no legal requirement to sell to anyone.

They also can't be violating the FOID Act if they're not even in IL, no matter what they do.

From Ammunition Depot's T&C page:

IL: We can ship to companies in Cook County IL registered as a FFL. We will need a copy of their FFL on file. Please have it emailed to id@ammunitiondepot.com or faxed to 561-431-3963. Order as you normally would, using your information for billing but make sure the shipping information is that of your registered FFL. All other areas in IL require FOID faxed or scanned and emailed to us and on file BEFORE we can ship ammunition.

Source (link left cold): www.ammunitiondepot.com/content/3-terms-and-conditions

May I ask what you are purchasing? There are members here who may have what you need at a better price than online stores.

9mm.

To be honest the days of helping out with ammo on here are pretty much gone with 9mm selling for a minimum of 0.80ppr and 22lr selling for upwards of 0.40ppr. It’s hard to help anyone out now with these current prices.

Archived