What are the best after-market Glock magazines?

C0untZer0

I have two 33-round KCI mags that I had teething problems with. They work OK now, but I only use them at the range, I don't use a Glock for my nightstand gun, but if I did, I wouldn't be comfortable betting my life on those KCI mags.

So I'm wondering what the best high-capacity after-market magazines are for the Glock.

There seem to be a few people making Glock magazines now and I haven't kept up with it.

Also - are the drums any good? I haven't researched the drum(s). I know KCI makes a drum, but my 33-round KCI mags had problems, at first at least, so I'm skeptical of the KCI drum.

What is the intended use? If for home defense I'd stick with the OEM 33 round mag. I've used the 22 round mags from ETS ( https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Group-Glock-Magazines-s/1823.htm ) quite a bit for on the range but have used the 31 round version only a few times. The clear plastic ETS mags are fine for range use but I think the OEM Glock mags are much higher quality. Haven't tried Magpul so I can't comment. I've found I don't really like the balance of a G17 or G19 with a 31/33 round mag inserted so I don't use them very often. Maybe I just need more practice with them.

For my IDPA competation, I use ETS magazines. I have them in 15 round and in the 33 round style for the PCC during two gun matches. They have worked without any issues.

They have proven reliable, so I would trust them. With that, my primary self-defense magazines are Glock factory mags. I watch for them on sale and have a nice collection of factory mags. If I was only left with my ETS magazines, I would use them, but when given a choice, I use the Glock factory mags for SD.

Considering a life/death scenario, why not invest in yourself and purchase the Glock mags and piece of mind?...

I have Mec-Gar magazines that have been 100% reliable. Mec-Gar even makes many of the magazines for some gun makers - so they're making the OEM mags that come with some guns even though the Mec-Gar name isn't on those mags. Despite that, Mec-Gar magazines are usually cheaper than "factory" magazines.

I have total peace of mind using a 19 round Mec-Gar mag in my car gun.

So I was wondering if there is anything out there now like that for Glock, but the vibe I'm getting is that no non-Glock magazines are as reliable as Glock magazines.

It's OK, I have a bunch of Glock magazines.

I'm thinking about purchasing the new Ruger carbine, that's what got me thinking about hi-cap Glock magazines.

One thing that has always amazed me is why would someone purchase an incredible device and in many cases expensive and then use cheap or inferior products to operate ? Would you put 87 octane off brand gas into a Ferrari ? Buy the cheapest tires for it at Walmart ? Put a made in China magazine and ammo into a top of the line Wilson Combat 1911 ? Some would and do so that is their business . To each their own , all about choices .

One thing that has always amazed me is why would someone purchase an incredible device and in many cases expensive and then use cheap or inferior products to operate ? Would you put 87 octane off brand gas into a Ferrari ? Buy the cheapest tires for it at Walmart ? Put a made in China magazine and ammo into a top of the line Wilson Combat 1911 ? Some would and do so that is their business . To each their own , all about choices .
Even in the context of your point, if you think a Glock is a Ferarri, you really need to get out and shoot more.

If my life depends on it, I am shooting Glock factory mags. For plinking, teaching, and competition, the Magpul Glock mags have functioned flawlessly for me. The main differences are that the Magpul mags do not have round count windows or metal feed lips.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I use KCI Glock 21, 30, 41, .45 ACP 26-Round mags as range magazines, with Arredondo extensions bringing them up to 30 rounds, with no problems feeding .45 caliber class rounds. I did modify some by bending in the feed lips to hold 10mm/.40 S&W rounds, and they were a bit sketchy then, but that was because of the angle of the follower causing the rounds to catch on the feed ramp. Once I bent thee feed lips back to the proper width, they work without any issues whatsoever.

Still, I'd only use them for range magazines, since I carry several 15-rounders with me, one of which inexplicably holds an extra round and has been that way since I got it with the firearm from the seller.

Even in the context of your point, if you think a Glock is a Ferarri, you really need to get out and shoot more.

If my life depends on it, I am shooting Glock factory mags. For plinking, teaching, and competition, the Magpul Glock mags have functioned flawlessly for me. The main differences are that the Magpul mags do not have round count windows or metal feed lips.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Big stretch and assumption a Ferrari and Glock or any gun would be thought of in the same comparison , even a Yugo has thousands of more moving parts than any firearm . The electronics alone . I could have used any car as an example . The point is and was why buy something or anything , then accessorize or maintain it with junk or inferior products . I don't consider Mec-Gar or Magpul magazines junk and for training ok but I was considering edc and protection .

Archived